Kang Haneul offered lead in Pinocchio PD’s new rom-com
We’ve certainly been waiting long enough to see Kang Haneul (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo) as the leading man in a drama, so it’s hard not to get my hopes up about this news. He might be returning to dramaland as the lead in a new romantic comedy drama called Dog Witch and Me, from PD Jo Soo-won of Gogh’s Starry Night, The Time I’ve Loved You, Pinocchio, Gap-dong, and I Hear Your Voice, among others.
The new drama is about an unusual love triangle between a blind heiress, her dog, and a veterinarian. All we know so far is the basic setup: The heroine is described as an arrogant, snooty heiress, and the dog loves her, while the veterinarian loves the dog. So I’m guessing that the dog plays Cupid and brings the two lovers together, which is freaking adorable. Oh, I hope they cast the dog from Chicago Typewriter and Uncontrollably Fond (at least I think they’re the same dog).
Kang Haneul is considering favorably for now, but I hope he’ll sign on to play the dog-loving vet. I know he’s capable of far more complex characters given his resume (heartbreaking biopic Dongju: The Life of a Poet, human dramas Retrial and Misaeng), but if he were a great rom-com hero on top of that, I’d only have more reason to love him. Come on, think of it as fan-service for everyone who wondered why your character disappeared halfway through Moon Lovers only to come back with a lobotomy! Surely the drama gods owe us for that one.
Dog Witch and Me doesn’t have a broadcaster yet, and is being planned for later this year.
Via Sports Chosun
- Blind heiresses and puppy love in Pinocchio PD’s new project
- Lawyer Jung Woo defends prisoner Kang Haneul in Retrial
- Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo: Episode 1
- Kang Haneul considering onscreen bromance with Park Seo-joon
- Youths Over Flowers bros Jung Woo, Kang Haneul consider movie reunion
- Gaia loses Kang Haneul, Song Ji-nah, and reason for watching
- Youth Over Flowers in Iceland: Episode 1
- Tuxes and thumbs-up for Youths Over Flowers in Iceland
Tags: Kang Haneul