Chicago Typewriter pre-empted this weekend
Aaargh, again? This is not a good week for drama addicts. I’m already having a hard enough time with the pre-emption for Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People, which chose Monday of all days to pull out all the stops, take all my tears, and then leave me hanging with no Tuesday episode. And now tvN has announced that that its Friday-Saturday drama Chicago Typewriter will be skipping a full week, with no new episodes until May 12. Say it ain’t so!
This time the pre-emption isn’t related to election coverage, but holidays during Golden Week, a time when many families travel because of consecutive work and school holidays. tvN announced that Chicago Typewriter won’t air as scheduled this Friday and Saturday, May 5-6, and will instead air a special episode on Saturday that includes new behind-the-scenes footage narrated by Go Kyung-pyo. Episodes 9 and 10 will then air the following weekend, May 12-13.
I know pre-emptions never feel like they come around at a good time, but it feels especially mean to take a week off after finally getting me invested in the loveline. I wasn’t really feeling Yoo Ah-in’s connection to Im Soo-jung in the present day (the past is another matter entirely, as I actually wish the entire drama just took place in 1930s Kyungsung and dispensed with the present altogether). But over the last two episodes, the hero’s awkward attempts at courtship were really hapless and endearing, and made him seem human. I just wish they had shown him planting blueberries and building doghouses seven episodes ago, because then I could’ve liked him from the start.
In the absence of Chicago Typewriter (and Tunnel too), this seems like the weekend to marathon something old. Time to go digging through my vault.
Via TV Daily
- Pre-emptions in store for Chicago Typewriter, Rebel, Tunnel, Whisper
- Chicago Typewriter: Episode 1
- Persistent fangirl meets crabby writer in tvN’s Chicago Typewriter
- Old friends reunite 80 years in the future in Chicago Typewriter
- Novelist Yoo Ah-in barters in hearts for Chicago Typewriter
- Chicago Typewriter’s star writer, ghostwriter, and anti-fan go for a spin
- News bites: March 11, 2017
- Chicago Typewriter courts Kwak Shi-yang to be Yoo Ah-in’s rival
- Im Soo-jung, Go Kyung-pyo courted for tvN’s Chicago Typewriter
Tags: Chicago Typewriter