Choi Min-soo up to become eccentric count in Man Who Dies to Live
As his current drama The Liar and His Lover draws to a close, it seems that Choi Min-soo is already being scouted for other projects. He’s currently reviewing the script for the upcoming MBC 24-episode miniseries Man Who Dies to Live. Set in the 1970s, a man travels to a faraway kingdom in Arabia, and comes back a count.
Choi Min-soo has been offered the lead role of the count; his character is a uniquely tenacious man named Jang Dal-gu. Through his perseverance, he becomes successful in the kingdom of Bodantia and eventually earns a nobleman’s title. The drama’s story is centered around the events that happen when he reappears in front of his daughter and son-in-law, and is said to be a warm and cheerful drama that explores the real meaning of family.
Directing is PD Go Dong-sun, whose previous dramas have also been comedic but thoughtful (Queen of Housewives, Sly and Single Again, Me too, Flower!), so I’m hoping that Man Who Dies to Live might continue in the same trend, focusing on important relationship-related topics while still keeping a lighthearted tone throughout.
MBC drama Man Who Dies to Live will begin airing this July in the Wednesday-Thursday time slot currently occupied by Ruler—Master of the Mask.
Via Chosun Sports
- Producers of Heartless City, I Hear Your Voice prep new drama for MBC
- The Liar and His Lover: Episode 1
- Misunderstanding leads to inspiration in The Liar and His Lover
- Busking with the boyfriend’s father in The Liar and His Lover
- News bites: January 28, 2017
- Sequel to blockbuster K-drama classic Sandglass in the works
- Jackpot: Episode 1
- Choi Min-soo offered role of King Sukjong in Jackpot