Life is rosy for the youths of Fight My Way
As far as promo posters go, Fight My Way’s feel like a breath of fresh air (it’s so easy for shows to fall back on the same designs that I often find the posters for lots of different blur together in my mind). I’m digging that this drama isn’t shying away from color, either, starting with their bright yellow first poster and continuing with this rosy one, which features all four of the main cast members: Park Seo-joon (Hwarang) is at the front, with Kim Ji-won (Descended From the Sun) directly behind, followed by supporting actors Ahn Jae-hong (Answer Me 1988) and Song Ha-yoon (Sweden Laundry).
The tagline on the rose-tinted poster repeats the copy from the first poster: “You have to cause trouble to be youth!” I like that there’s a drama that’s embracing youthful foibles and painting them in a breezy, entertaining way, as each of our main characters deals with what it’s like to have dreamed big in their younger days, only to find that as they cross over into adulthood, they haven’t lived up to those dreams and are instead stuck in third-rate lives.
That thought is reflected in the next poster, below, which says, “At some point, we became ‘just adults.'” Without fanfare, and without any of the excitement or grandeur they thought adulthood would bring. There’s something poignant and appealing about that thought, which bypasses the idea that we have to shoot to be the best or the most and gives us permission to be okay with being “just” us.
Below that, we have a few pictures from behind the scenes, mostly featuring Park Seo-joon and his thousand-watt grin as he stands by on set, reads over his script, and is pictured wearing his character’s Taekwondo uniform. Man, his smile could power a building. *feels warm fuzzies*
Fight My Way will premiere on May 22 as KBS’s next Monday-Tuesday drama.
- Oh Snap! A friend to lean on when things go sideways
- Suffocating best friends in Fight My Way’s new teaser
- The cute and the petty in Fight My Way’s second teaser
- KBS schedules drama shorts, delays Fight My Way’s premiere
- Finger hearts in new stills for Fight My Way
- Bickering besties Park Seo-joon and Kim Ji-won for Fight My Way
- Kimbap and charged looks on the set of Third-Rate My Way
- Ex-boyfriend cameo and first script read for KBS’s Third-Rate My Way
- Choi Woo-shik drops by for cameo on Third-Rate My Way