Lee Seon-kyun considers becoming My Ajusshi for tvN
Do it! Do it! Lee Seon-kyun (This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair) is considering the new drama from Signal PD Kim Won-seok and Oh Hae-young Again writer Park Hae-young called My Ajusshi. This new tvN drama will create a story centering on what it means to ponder the value of life.
The main character is described as a fortysomething man who has been enduring the heavy burdens of life. When he meets a twentysomething woman who is the complete opposite of him, who has been similarly weighed down by life, they begin to heal each other as they perceive each other’s struggles.
I’m already excited for this drama to happen. Lee Seon-kyun’s raw portrayal of his character—everything from his petty complaints, angry denials, and underlying desperation—is what made This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair feel so real and relatable. So, this burdened ajusshi character seems like it would be right up his alley. It hasn’t been said whether the relationship between the main leads will be romantic, but I have faith that we’ll get something great with this writer. I just hope that both characters will have similar maturity levels, so the two-decade age gap doesn’t feel like an issue.
My Ajusshi is scheduled to begin filming at the end of this year and air sometime early next year on tvN, but right now the production team is concentrating on the script and casting.
- Signal PD and Oh Hae-young writer team up for tvN’s My Ajusshi
- Lee Seon-kyun, Ahn Jae-hong crack The King’s Case in new sageuk comedy
- This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair: Episode 1
- Colorful tears and devil horns for This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair
- The wind gets taunting in This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair
- Windswept couples of This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair
- Song Ji-hyo as a world-class supermom in This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair
Tags: Lee Seon-kyun