Lee Jong-hyun and Kim So-eun up to play cursed lovers in OCN’s That Man Oh-soo
New drama alert! OCN is in talks to schedule a romance drama titled That Man Oh-soo, and offers are out to Kim So-eun (Our Gap-soon) and Lee Jong-hyun (Lingerie Girls’ Generation) to headline as a cursed man and a woman who can’t break the curse. Which is certainly a departure from conventional plot pairings, where the hero or heroine usually holds the key to “curing” or somehow changing their counterpart in the course of the show.
If he accepts the offer, Lee Jong-hyun will play the cursed lead, though it’s unclear how this curse manifests itself. Putting aside his unfortunate circumstances, he is a cafe owner, as well as its barista, but he is also quite the smartypants, with a PhD in artificial intelligence. I wonder what prompted the pretty drastic career change, and whether it has anything to do with his curse. I also look forward to learning how he and Kim So-eun’s character, a local police officer, get involved.
With the information available, it’s difficult to gauge my expectations, since the reports didn’t mention any directors or writers attached to the project. It’s been a while since I’ve watched a project with Lee Jong-hyun or Kim So-eun in it, but I do remember enjoying their performances in A Gentleman’s Dignity and Liar Game, respectively, so I hope that they find a good director and writer to flesh out a romance I can get excited about.
That Man Oh-soo will be fully pre-produced, and is tentatively being planned for a March 2018 premiere in OCN’s Monday-Tuesday slot.
- Lingerie Girls’ Generation: Episode 1
- KBS raises the curtain on its annual Drama Special series
- Lee Jong-hyun up for lead role in Lingerie Girls’ Generation
- Lee Sang-yub, Kim So-eun as husband-wife in You’re Closer Than I Think
- Gong Seung-yeon, Lee Jong-hyun’s My Only Love Song gets picked up by Netflix
- Kim So-eun to reunite with Song Jae-rim in SBS family drama
- Scholar Who Walks the Night: Episode 1