Rating:
Average user rating 0.0

Bound by tragedy, healing through love in JTBC’s Just Between Lovers

Oh I love the unexpected cute that will, hopefully, counteract some of the heavier melo elements in Just Between Lovers. JTBC’s new melodrama has about three weeks left until its premiere, and the station has released four new teasers to give us a closer look at our leads, played by Junho (Chief Kim) and rookie Won Jin-ah, as well as our first brief glimpses of Lee Ki-woo (Woman of Dignity), Kang Hanna (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo), and Na Mun-hee (Dear My Friends).

Junho and Won Jin-ah’s characters are bound together through tragedy, both having miraculously survived a horrible accident that claimed the lives of their family members, and to an extent, their futures. Kang-doo, played by Junho, lives a rough life in the back streets after losing his father and his dream of becoming a soccer athlete. He seems a bit hot-headed, getting into fights regularly, even when the odds aren’t in his favor. It’s after one such brawl that he first meets Moon-soo, played by Won Jin-ah, as she warily enters the alley where he’s lying bloody and barely conscious. He narrates, “That wind changed everything.”

Moon-soo narrates the same line offscreen in the next short teaser, as the two sit together on a bench. The female lead holds a similar pain to Kang-doo, having lost her younger sister to what looks like a major accident, but Moon-soo doesn’t wear her scars on her sleeve. It’ll be interesting to see how two people who’ve dealt with their pain so differently come together to heal each other. They certainly look adorable together, when Kang-doo approaches her in the rain to “repay my debt in the alley before,” and he pulls her into a hug.

I thought that Kang Hanna and Lee Ki-woo’s characters were just colleagues at the architecture firm where Moon-soo works, but it look like they also have a shared history, perhaps a relationship that ended badly. She asks whether he would’ve acted differently, to which he replies, “I would’ve stayed, despite everything.” Out of them all, though, Kang-doo sounds the most jaded, asking who will compensate for the suffering of those who have lived miserable lives, and that you have to be crazy to live in this world. Maybe he got it from Yoon Se-ah (Forest of Secrets), who has become his only family after the accident, and though we don’t get to see her in the teasers, we can hear her say that it’s the “weak ones that will get all excited over the trivial things.”

I’m just holding out hope that the romance between Kang-doo and Moon-soo is as cute as the last teaser makes it look, because him getting thrown off kilter by her wordless, motherly actions—like tidying up his hair and buckling his seatbelt—are the cutest thing. Take in the stray, slightly feral puppy and shower him with love, Moon-soo! And I completely agree with the offscreen remarks made about how Kang-doo looks at Moon-soo “the way a man looks at a woman.” The show hasn’t even started and I’m already rooting for these two to be adorable constantly.

Just Between Lovers will air on Mondays and Tuesdays on JTBC, starting on December 11.

Via iMBC (1), iMBC (2), Herald Pop, eNews 24

Tags: , , , ,

everything about this show has me hyped the plot, actors, the beautiful scenery and posters. now all i can hope the drama does it justice because my expectation for this drama is sky high

The female rookie's face reminds me of someone, but who? I can't really tell.. It seems like her face is mixed of some actresses' face

In my opinion, she look like Soo Ae a bit

Yea she reminded me of Soo Ae too :)

yes, definitely Soo Ae..

She kinda reminds me of Kim Ji-won

to me she looks like jung hye sung during her pride and prejudice days.

She reminds me of Mina from AOA who also played a nurse in Hospital Ship.

She reminds me of the actress who played IU's, er, assistant (?) in "Scarlet Heart." She was also in "Twenty Again."

She reminds me of soo ae

She reminds me of Rhythmic Gymnast Son Yeon Jae;)

To me, she looks like soo ae and jang hee-jin combined. Both of them have this cool and cold auras around them that I also got from the female lead's stills.

Seeing these teasers made me so excited for this show, how am I supposed to wait until December?! As if I wasn't already waiting like an idiot (*cough* Junho *cough*). Fingers crossed it will be good!

After Chief Kim ended NGM said he wanted to do a romance drama. So guess who gets a romance drama instead ? Junho 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Can't wait to see how this drama will go 😊

I was excited about this before but the teasers have gotten me even more hyped for the drama.
Junho pulls off the "a disheveled puppy in need of love" look so well!

Is it only me or that the title font is quite similar to While You Were Sleeping’s?

It's not big deal though. This font is more sharpen / bold than WYWS.

They use the same calligrapher (Jun Eunsun). Apparently, various TV stations use her services for drama titles. If you're interested, you could check out her IG: daruum_calligraphy

Yay! Junho! 😍😍😍 *dances for joy*
So is this a 12 or 16-episode drama?

December seems perfect for some melodrama and the casts - from Junho, Kang Hanna to Lee Ki-woo, all are great.. Won Jin-ah looks so lovely too, and I'm looking forward to see her performance. Whoever decided on the castings did a good job because both couple match well and tbh I'm soo looking forward for another good role for Kang Han-na who has always been good in her performances so far. I trust the combination of this PD Kim Jin-won who helmed The Package, Nice Guy, Wonderful Days and drama special Just An Ordinary Love and writer Yoo Boo-ra, who penned on Secret Love as second writer and a list of very good drama specials such as Snowy Road (babies Kim Hyang-gi & Kim Sae-ron ❤❤❤), Youth (Seo Young-joo- lead guy in Girl's Generation), Yeon-woo's Summer (Han Ye-ri ❤) and others, to give us a good melodrama with slice of life elements.

Sera, have you seen Junho and/or Won Jin-ah in anything? I'll try this just for Kim Jin-won (even the trailers are looking good to me <3) and Kang Han-na, but I don't know anything about either of the leads and it's a little nerve wracking haha.

Thanks for the detailed write up on Yoo Bo-ra! I feel reassured looking at the drama specials she's done and the actresses she's worked with (assuming she had any power over casting haha).

Junho was very, VERY good in Chief Kim. VERY good. I am not worried at all about him.

Ok, thanks for the reassurance :)

Won jinah was in Scarlet Heart as a supporting role. She played a maid and a love interest of one of the princes. She was also in a webdrama Wednesday 3.30 pm with Hongbin (Vixx). In my opinion she was okay ;)

Okay, cool! I think if her performance in Scarlet Heart had annoyed me I'd probably have remembered it, so that's a good sign lol. Thanks for the reply :)

That was another girl- Jin Ki-joo. 😊

Junho was good in Chief Kim, I wasn't really cared about him as an actor - watched him in Memories of Sword, imo he did well but not something memorable, Twenty and Memory. But he was good in this drama although I'm not 100% convinced yet about his acting range - because I have a feeling I liked his role more than his acting,
so I'm not too sure. lol. Wong Jin-ah as far as I know, only appeared as minor roles in some movies and this is going to be her first drama. But since she is selected based on audition,so maybe we can trust on the production on this?

Yeah, I have that problem, too--if I really like a role, then I have a hard time separating the character and the performance, which has led to some painful reality checks when I go on to see them in something else lol. And then sometimes even consistently good actors seem to be born for one role, which is how I'm starting to feel about Jung Kyung-ho and Cruel City. He's done a respectable job in everything I've seen him in, but he's never *been* any of his other character the way he was the Doctor's Son.

Yeah, I agree, the fact that she auditioned is a positive sign. The other reassuring thing is that they're both in the hands of a good director, who should be able to minimize whatever limitations they have. idk, kind of excited to see how this show turns out!

I have to say the only reason I was interested in this drama initially was because Junho's starring in it. But after watching all the teasers, I'm really starting to get hyped about the story too. It's too early to really tell, but I'm loving the chemistry between the leads so far, so I really hope it's going to do well both plot and ratings wise.

Yessssss finally! 🙌🏼🙌🏼

Whether it's because Junho is like Rain's little brother in terms of looks or because of the tone of the drama itself but everything reminds me of A Love To Kill. And that's probably enough for me to give it a shot no matter what.

I'm really happy Junho is finally getting to be a lead. He's a good actor amongst the sea of terrible idol actors and he deserves to headline his own show. I hope it's great, I really want to love it.

To be honest, I never get the man patting woman's hair thing in dramas. When I see it, I interpret it as a sign of the guy being superior over the girl. But I'm getting the swoon feels when Won Jin-ah is doing to Yunho ☺

And the fastening of the seat belt! 😃

Please tone down the cute and add more DRAMA. Hehehhe...
I can't wait to watch this. I'm in the mood of melodrama right now.

The soft, melancholy vibe of these teasers is getting to me. I'm kind of interested in seeing how both these lovelines pan out. There is hidden angst and shared histories. But more than anything, the thing I'm here for is puppy! Junho. His adoring eyes are just too much to deal with.

Watching the teaser, it feels like a japanese drama 😆

i've got Mars (taiwan series, 2004) vibe from the preview. worth a try ?

Won Jinah has been acting in movies prior to this which makes me very optimistic about her acting.
Anywayyyyy this drama is already hitting the right strings, I hope it gets picked up bij Viki! 🙏

It has been picked by viki but just under a different name. 🤗🤗

Oh boy,this looks sooo good!!!Pretty please be as good as u market it!!!

JUNHO LOOKING EXTRA FINE HERE , love his puppy look and hair!

#yetanotherrooftopsanctuary

A melodrama is only as good as its cast, and this one has definitely caught my attention. I can already feel how palpable the tension is going to be from these little teasers. Junho's open-wound puppy look is really working for me right now lol, as are the little glimpses to Won Jina's more subdued character. Praying for off the charts chemistry and the birth of a new OTP.

Since its pre-produced, I hope the storyline won't fall through in the middle like so many other melos. I can't believe we still have 3 more weeks to wait for this!

This looks, and sounds, so beautiful - like a healing drama. I want to be put through pain and heal with the protagonists <3

I totally agree with you! Please put me through the pain and heal me with them xD

I love tonally soft healing dramas like these... Crossing my fingers that it delivers ~!! Also, Kang Hanna unni in another drama <3

These teasers are so beautiful. Waiting for December couldn't be any slower

Besides loving the posters ...
and the music …
and the whole feel …
Junho as the main lead????
Yay!!! I'm so excited!!!!
He stole my heart in Chief Kim 💕

*Balloons exploding, colors turning*

Yesss!!! bring on the melo! Melo has been sadly (hur) missing this year. I'm all exhausted from thrillers and rom-coms and now really want to dive in some good old fashioned melodrama! And this looks really good.

I really love the premise, and I love how they decided to cast both Junho and Jinah since I've never seen them before (well I love Junho as a singer but I've never really seen any of his dramas/movies yet). The teasers are lovely so I hope this will be cute and deep at the same time, that's like my favorite combination ever.

P.S. Jinah reminds me of both Soo Ae and Chun Woohee

Preparing my poor heart for another melodrama. Junho got my attention in Chief Kim so I'll definitely check this out. (Hopefully, he'll bring some of his entertaining quirks from Chief Kim)

The posters and teasers look really promising! I love how they used neutral colors and kept it simple. I've been waiting for a pure, youth melodrama since forever.
The actress reminds me a bit of Kim Go Eun!
Junho looks so soft ><

Looks amazing, can't wait!!! I love when batches of new dramas come in, so much excitement.

Junho!!!!!!!!!!

looks great!!! can't wait to see their growth <3

Is it just me or does the sight of 'rookie actress and not 'idol rookie actress' seem soo pretty?😊😊