Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

javabeans

Because This Life Is Our First: I love the way this drama subverted the Bok-nam situation. I was disappointed when the show when all stalkertown on us, because I thought the sudden menacing undertone was unnecessary, and then was tickled when basically our characters created that drama in their heads. I mean, I still loved it with the stalker plotline, but now I love it more.

Go Back Spouses: I’ve just decided that I’m not watching this for the romance (since it doesn’t do much for me), but the show does absolutely shine in the parental love moments, whether it’s the side characters going through issues with their parents, or our main characters getting a second chance to understand their parents, or with them dealing with their own child. I bawled pretty much nonstop through Episode 8 and tried to hug my cat, who wasn’t having it.

20th Century Boy and Girl: This show’s charm is absolutely its openhearted sweetness and good nature. That said, it’s so unrelentingly sweet (though not sickly-sweet) that I find myself craving some more conflict. Maybe because without more drama up in this drama, I find the reasons for this OTP remaining apart to be forced and shallow—I mean, when you don’t have much conflict preventing you, why are you still apart? I know they’re going through stuff emotionally (yada yada), but it’s just a tad frustratingly slow.

Witch’s Court: Gahhh the antagonists really make this show hard to watch sometimes, although Jung Ryeo-won keeps me with it, and with her. She’s so compelling that I find even when she does questionable things, I’m completely there in her head and understand why—so much so that when Yoon Hyun-min is being right and honest, I still get aggravated because he’s too cookie-cutter good. I’m still rooting for them to work things out, eventually, but I was totally on Yi-deum’s side this week and was irrationally mad at him for trying to be reasonable while she was grieving/coping/revenging. Let the girl feel her feelings!

girlfriday

Currently recapping: While You Were Sleeping

Because This Life Is Our First: I was so relieved that the show didn’t veer off into ill-fitting territory with the stalker storyline. And I love it whenever the in-laws show up, because the families force our couple to navigate all these social rules and act like a real couple, while the show gets to ask pointedly why the daughters-in-law of this world are always the ones peeling the goddamn apples. It’s the little everyday things that make this drama so special, because it’s so normal.

Temperature of Love: I didn’t think the heroine would be the one to raise my blood pressure because I’ve always loved her forthrightness, but this week her prying made me so frustrated. I get that she has loving, supportive parents and she doesn’t know what having screwed up parents is like… but come on, try a little. You’re a drama writer, for crying out loud. Imagine growing up with Lee Mi-sook as your mother! ‘Nuff said.

Mad Dog: Yay, the puppy has been brought into the fold! I love it when the team works together—there’s just a different excitement level when they’re in on the scheme together, instead of trying to outsmart each other on top of chasing the bad guys. It’s about time that the good guys joined their swindling powers. Also, totally shipping Min-joon and Ha-ri.

Meloholic: I checked out the first episode, and I thought Yunho actually had potential when he was the loser who couldn’t figure out girls. There were emotions! On his face! But the second he underwent his magical transformation into Big Man on Campus, I lost interest and he became boring again.

odilettante

Currently recapping: Black

The Package: Every week I think I can’t possibly love this delightful, heart-warming, thoughtful, beautiful, hilarious, painfully relatable show even more than I do, and every week new episodes air that prove me wrong. Show, you own me. ♥

Youths Over Flowers: I’m so excited it’s back, even though my knowledge of Winner is very limited. Doesn’t really matter who the group is, though, because I sadistically enjoy watching Na PD torture celebrities for my own amusement, no matter what. I’m also pretty sure the reason why this show has such a small daily budget for the cast is because the rest of the budget was spent on the elaborate plan to kidnap them. They should have really filmed a CF, if only to recoup some of their costs.

tineybeanie

20th Century Boy and Girl: This OTP makes my heart crumble sometimes.

Mad Dog: Agreed. Jang Ha-ri + Kim Min-joon is now why I watch the show. The larger Yoo Ji-tae struggle seems meaningless. The crazy chaebols and their skewed sense of morality is completely uninteresting. I wish they had at least made one of the bad guys more relatable, so that we’d understand their viewpoint better, instead of it being this black and white depiction of corruption.

Because This Life Is Our First: Yayyyy. I started this drama late in the game, but I’m coming to appreciate the quiet nature of the love that’s shown here, as opposed to the in-your-face first love stories we often see in dramaland. Se-hee is adorable!! I want one of him IRL. And his cat—I think I’m turning into a virtual cat lady. It looks so soft and cuddly.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

**Dramas (= I spent a lot of time in public transport 😫 😅)
*Revolutionary love E7-8 : had too high expectations, keeping it as weekly dose of Siwon 😆
*Temperarure of love E27-30: I thought I needed a Jung Sun in my life, but this week episodes I realized that I relate to much to closed-off Jung Sun, so update : I need a Jung Swoon in my life (wait that was already the case since ep1 😂)
*Witch court E9-10 : frustration, little hope baddie starts to be crazy, mistakes to come ? Ma Yi Deum’s comeback aigoo waiting for next week 😆, but poor girl didn’t even have the chance to get her mother’s ashes T_T

**K-shows (for home sweet home time ㅋㅋㅋ)
*1n2d E200 = Kim Joo Hyuk special : I laughed and cried successively 😟
*Wanna One go zero base E1 : internal screaming, Kim Jae Hwan PD 🤣 and many funny moments : it’s okay okay for me 😜
*Youth over flowers – winner E1 : 1st time watching YOF, wow Na PD the prank level was high , I laughed so much esp. during their “CF” e.g. *most useless high resolution shot* 😂
*Knowing brother E100 : for an extra dose of Super Junior : Dong Hae and Yesung surprised me in a good way 😄 , but I loved even more the trailer : next week Han Hye Jin and Lee Si Eon are coming, damn I miss “I live alone”
*Weekly idol E328 : omo omo I laughed a lot with this one, I watch it for Suju just like knowing bros, they were like children everywhere out of control 🤣
*Super Junior returns E41-50 : yes Siwon ‘s not edited out anymore ! Pranking Donghae was funny 😊

Thanks to this I'm reminded I haven't watch SJ returns eps 41-50

but na PD did the same CF ruse for yoF season 1 too..
Baro was so naive and innocent

SJ at weekly Idol was the best! I thought they'll be funnier at KB but at KB, they showed their bonding more (which I also adored but it became more emotional rather than fun) meanwhile at WI, the members (except heechul went crazy, LOL). What I do love more was, Heechul's sensitivity towards the member at KB and WI to let them shines made me crying. SJ is a fams :')

forgot to add : waiting for Jo Jung-seok 💃 because current dramas lost their appeal

I love Jo Jung Seok but sadly i am not excited for Two cops mostly because of Hyeri.

In Jo Jung-seok we trust! Bonus points : Dimplessss -Kim Sun-ho and Lee Shi-un ❤

Totally agree with Sunbae :)

Because This Life is Our First: I'm pretty sure I have specific comment for this week eps, but the anticipation for the next eps (and the kiss!!!) completely erased it from my brain. Monday better come sooner.

Go Back Spouses: This show has a way to break my heart then put it back together again in the best way possible. And while I'm always on team OTP from the 1st eps, these latest eps really step up the game and make me giddy in anticipation to see Jin-joo and Ban-do becoming couple again and finally working through their remaining issues together.

While You Were Sleeping: I'm ready for the final showdown!

You took the words right out of my mouth. Watching these three dramas too and am loving them!

I binged watched 8 episodes of The Package last weekend and adored it. Would highly recommend it to everybody!

Mon-Thu

Because This Is My First Life: Definitely glad Boknam didn't turn out to be a stalker/rapist/kidnapper since it really would have taken away from the general tone of the show. Am looking forward to Sehee's inevitable falling in love and cheering for Sanggoo and Sooji.

20th Century Boy and Girl: Thank goodness they didn't try to stretch that out another episode and finally had Jiwon step up. Looking forward to the secret dating but I do feel a little sad for Anthony.. can we find him the love of his life too? I would appreciate the show spending just a little more time on Ahreum and Youngshim's love lives as well, now that Jinjin is on her way to being happily settled.

Meloholic: I'm not enjoying Eunho's character but I'm engaged enough in Yeri to keep watching. It's an easy watch and since it's so short, I hope once we get him some character development it'll pick up.

Temperature of Love and Mad Dog I've dropped. Might return to Mad Dog if I see people writing good things about it.

Fri-Sun and finished dramas

Go Back Couple: I mostly feel worried I'm not going to be convinced when Jinjoo falls for Bando again. I love seeing the flashbacks to when they were first dating and happy, but it's hard for me to see that in their future now. I'll try to have faith in you show!

The Package: This show is such a breath of fresh air. It's not perfect by any means, but even when the characters do outlandish things it seems to make sense. Even when they're totally unreasonable, there's some small grain of affection I hold for them that refuses to let me hate them. Soso and Maru actually act like real adults (ok well Soso at least) and their relationship reflects that.

Andante is on hold for now and I'm most likely dropping Revolutionary Love.

Argon: I stopped watching after Kim Joohyuk's accident and haven't been able to get myself to start again.

Circle: I've been holding off on watching the last episode because I don't want it to be finished and also it is highly stressing me out.

Because This is Our 1st Life - seems to have tailed off a bit for me. Last week didn't help since it was so obviously manufactured (and that last threatening bit from epi 7 from Bok-nam makes no sense in the new everything's lovely and sweet reality). Taken me disappointingly out of the show.

The Package - continues to not disappoint, however. Lovely little show

Buam Dong Revenge Club - finally got started on this and very much enjoying it so far.

the package in wonderful..been watching since it started airing..and really didn't understand why people were so negative about it initially

Off topic but Lee yeon hee is so pretty in the thumbnail picture!

Because This is My First Life is such an enjoyable, sweet and relatable drama. Looking forward to the last 6 episodes ❤❤❤

Btlimf : I love this show. Thank you for giving me a real female main for the first time in a while, my last was probably the heroine in Ms. Perfect.
Avengers Social Club - I love This drama, and next week is the finale 😢
The package - I love this drama, it's soo real sometimes it makes me hurt 😊

Youth over flowers :winner - That cf gone wrong. The kidnapping plan 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Knowing Brother - Suju is suju, no more needed, and I loved that they did not win in the end (as expected) 😂😂😂😂😂
Weekly idol - Sigh.. if only suju had a member that knew how to aegyo 😅😅😅😅

Thinking of starting either Revolutionary Love or Mad Dog next week, since my dramas are ending.

"Weekly idol - Sigh.. if only suju had a member that knew how to aegyo 😅😅😅😅"
If we're talking about aegyo, there is this one member though..... 💔 (sorry but I can't help it. I was immediately thinking about him while reading your comment)

I said it for our sweet Sungmin. Swear to God, by this point it would be less painful if he would leave than this constant state of limbo.
Feels like we're in the purgatory 😢😢😢😢😢😢

Because This Life is Our First

Still the only show I’m watching. This show is so realistic with all the characters being realistically portrayed you can’t help but getting attached to them. Whether you’re in camp Se Hee, camp Ji Ho, camp Won Seok or camp Ho Rang, everyone seems to be very protective of the characters. I would attribute that not to how the characters are being portrayed, but to how WE see them. Because we relate to them, because they’re part of us, because it feels like their stories are true to life. Which is why I always find the recap comment for BTLIOF amusing with contradictory point of views. It’s fun to finally have a show you can swoon together and debate together.

Because This is Our First Life
- ok so puppy is not a stalker but he was still a jerk
- SeHee ❤ JiHo
- is it Monday night yet?

Mad Dog
- love the bromance as much as I love Minjoon x HaRi
- keep mumbling in German Minjoon and please stop talking about you're ok to die

Witch's Court
- glad Prosecutor Ma's back but really Show 3 month time jump?!
- Cho Gap Soo better have a great ending preferably dying by the end of all this

Winner Over Flower
- aka Youth over Flower (Winner edition)
- Na PD and Shin PD are so good,one of the best kidnapping & pranks I've seen but Winner gave them a great adventure chasing and trying to capture them

Knowing Bros Ep 100 & Weekly Idol Ep 328
- welcome back to variety Super Junior. Donghae is still awkward in variety but man he looks so great.He is owning this comeback

On Hold
Buamdong Revenge Club
- I want to prolong watching this one

Watch weekly idol 328. Donghae is almost reduced to tears 😂😂😂.
Poor boy, he changed room to he would not see Sungmin's pink clothes, hated everytime Sungmin would do aegyo, and now they asked him to be cute 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I watched it..I actually did a PSA over at the Beanie wall. I feel.like I was stalking SuJu after their variety appearances 😂😂😂

Monday...monday...come quickly, lalalala...

SeHee❤️JiHo -> 100000000000x agree

Lol ing so hard at JB bawling while reaching for the cat who wasnt having it ^^

And tineybeanie, Se Hee is adorable....want one of him IRL.., I feel you, ^^

Keeping up with Because This Life is Our First and Go Back Spouses, so glad with the two and that 2017 hv some awesome drama !

Go Back Couple - I just started on this, and binged 4 episodes when I have exams to be studying for. The case of second lead syndrome is so real, though! I will take a Nam-gil for myself, thank you very much. 😫 To be honest, this show is giving me the feels, because sometimes I do wish I could go back and re-do university again.

While You Were Sleeping - same old, same old. I spend every episode worrying about someone, or something.

Because This is Our First Life - Luvvvvv Su-ji and Sang-gu. Not so big on Ho-rang and her lack of communication with Won-seok, nor the big issue which is that: WS thinks he can get HR off his back just with a ring, and HR thinks that she can have her happily ever after without consulting him. Sigh.

Buamdong Revenge Club - Subs are too slow for this! I'm dying waiting for subs every week, and I honestly wish it were recapped here :(

Buamdong Revenge Club - Actually the wait time for the subs isn't too bad (at least to me). The fans who are voluntarily subbing the show for free (and during their spare time) seem to be getting the subs out within 3-4 days for the last few weeks. Their aim seems to be to release at least one episode during weekend. I've watched shows where subtitles take a couple weeks to appear, if ever, so the turnaround by the fan subbers is pretty darn good. But that's my humble opinion.

On the other hand I agree with you that it's a shame Dramabeans passed on recapping the show. The Soompi drama forum for this show has some light recapping and short scene translations by fans, but nothing beats the in-depth recapping done by the Dramabeans crew. Oh well.

i know.. i really wish it were being recapped here.. also I'm irrationally sad that none of the DB admin/recappers seem to be watching the show... cuz in my twisted DB-addicted head, a show's worth == Team DB what we are watching appearance & comment !! Lol! It's such a gem !

I haven't developed irrational feelings (yet) but I am baffled that the DB staff doesn't watch the show at all. (Okay, there might be one recapper watching -- I vaguely recall Avengers Club being listed by one staffer weeks ago, but maybe I'm imagined that -- but that's one recapper/admin out of a dozen.) In the past, if DB wasn't recapping, at least I could take comfort in knowing that some DB staffers were watching the same show. To a certain extent, I see the DBers as my guides to what to watch, as arbiters of good taste, so it's nice to see that I'm on the same page with some of the staffers when it comes to viewing habits/tastes.

However, with Avengers Club, it's been jarring to see the radio silence among the DB staff about Avengers Club when so many commenters are watching it. I don't remember such as big mismatch between the two groups (DBers and readers) before. Hopefully, by reading these comments, maybe some of the DBers will eventually watch the show. It's a great show.

Usually I just keep up with 1-2 drama, but this round there are too many good dramas on air that I just can't pass them.
Because This Is My First Life - because, of course!
Witch's Court - I dislike Ma Yi-deum, yet I can't stop watching it.
Mad Dog - Kim Joon and Ha-ri are sitting on a tree...just kiss already!
Go Back Couple - flat out hilarious 😂
And I just finished binge-watching 8 episodes of Avengers Club. The ahjummas are phenomenal. I love them!

I ship Minjoon & Hari too. Their flirting is my favorite in Mad Dog. <3

Buamdong Revenge Club is still my favorite show, and I’m so happy for the ratings they got for this week’s episodes. Repeatedly watched Mi-sook’s slap scene and her husband’s shocked face at the end of episode 10.

Yeah! Go, Misook! Bokja club, fighting!

faithfully and monogamously watching: BTLIOF.
yayyy, welcome to the club @tineybeanie.
BTLIOF still going strong and i am happy both @girlfriday and @javabeans also appreciate and find this drama charming.

patiently waiting : cheese in the trap movie. can't wait for HongSeol. i hope OYS she can pull off the real HongSeol this time, cause on appearance alone, she just like coming out from W.

planning to watching after BTIOLF : the package.

+1 for CITT movie

OYS already has her face especially her eyes , i mean soonkki the webtoon artist participated to the script so she is really going to be outside and inside just like the real Hong Seol.

i desperately hope so. hongseol drama is completely wrong character despite it was pretty well-acted by KGE. but CITT is not CITT without our sassy hongseol. if you change her character, it will loss all the magic from webtoon and why people so crazy about it. it will be an okay version but it never be the truly CITT.

Lol, I feel like I'm cheating on BTIOFL now, since I decided to binge-watch The Package (A girl has to survive until Monday somehow!). Just let me yell it out since I couldn't die laughing in a public cafe: THAT CHASTITY BELT PWAHAHA. 🤣🤣🤣

ikr. the temptation to see other. but i more like, i will be keep comparing the character in new drama with BTIOFL and feel unsatisfied cause the latter set standard so high that i feel useless if i watch others now. so i save it for later. lol. maybe i'll fill my weekend with Stranger Things. i've been thinking to start it since i read the preview. i like that kid from It , i found him can act naturally.

I am in the same boat as you were (are?). I started watching the Package to cope with the waiting for Mondays and have even just finished the chastity belt episode. (What. A. HOOT!!!)

BTIOFL remains the best drama among all this batch's bunch (and, arguably, beyond), but the Package is nonetheless still very lovely. (The locations surely help!)

It is kind of late, but I decided to give "Revolutionary Love" one more week after Dramabeans stopped recapping it. Which turned into another week. It's not deep or engaging story-wise, but something about the romance really makes me love following. How the female lead understood the male lead crushed on her, and they talked "seriously" about it, how she suggested he stopped his crush and explained why, and he in turn explained why he would keep crushing on her. And then the dream she had the day after, I was seriously laughing out loud. We are not even close to the end and we have the couple achknowleding their feelings and trying to see if a relationship could work! Not to mention most of the incredible stupidity from the first two weeks are mellowed out, so it is less to groan about.

With "Because This Life is Our First", it always brings up gender issues and other problems and things we take for granted in our lives. It is deep and mature, and it definetely is above "Revolutionry Love" for me. But RL just brings something really, really fun into the mix. Nothing thought-provoking, but still something that makes me want to see how the couple works things out. Since the rich parents haven't really shown any disdain in their son being with the poor girl, maybe they will actually accept her without too much envelope-money-drama??

Tineybeanie, I get you. I also want the cat from Because This Life Is Our First. He seems like such a chill cat.

I'm about 95% sure it's a Ragdoll cat. They're bred to be very floppy and affectionate, which sure fits with what we've seen of Cat. My friend had one in high school and it was pretty adorable.

Do Ragdoll cats make those squeaky noises? 'Cuz I don't think Cat meows like a real cat. (Sorry to doubt you Cat).

They do meow like regular cats, and some are noisier than others, but they can be squeaky critters!

From her markings, I thought Cat is a Himalayan. One of my friends adopted one from a shelter. Kumar was a good-natured ditz with a magnificent coat. He was a meticulous groomer and did not like being petted all that much. He'd look at you as if to say, "Don't do that! You're messing up my hair!"

When he didn't respond to his alleged name, his new mom read to him from a baby-naming book until he did. He picked "Kumar" (Prince in Sanskrit) -- which was hilariously apropos as he really did have a regal air about him. Until he did something doofy. That boy had delusions of grandeur. What a sweetie. Like Cat. But I don't recall him being this floppy.

Because This Life Is Our First- greatly enjoying this! Monday cannot come faster. I really need to see Se hee in those ahjumma pants! Those few precious moment spent with his in-laws is going to be sooooo good! And the 'you know what' had better not be a dream!!

Go Back Spouses- It's hilarious and heartwarming at the same time. I dunno how she does it, but one look from Jang Nara has me in tears...I wanna see mother-son reunion asap!! But will that mean no more mother-daughter bonding? *pouts*

While You Were Sleeping- That twist, my goodness I did NOT see that! Well played, Show! Besides that, I was rather disappointed with the reveal of our villain. Like, did we really need a new character at this point? I had hoped it was someone we already know...
And who is our hilarious lawyer dating?? *curious*

Upvoted my Sabu's post, but can't comment because I'm not watching the same dramas hahaha

Aw, haha. I did the same to you. No comment, because not the same dramas. 🤣

Thanks and high five Sabu ;)

Hi five! ✋🏼

Cough and Fever My fall friends. Dropped every kind of media except news.
Life ep 9 - 6/10 / 1 big -ve point. Seriously, this show is soup.

#adani @4star #australia - Protect the environment aussies.
Ashes 2017 - Ready for England vs. Australia.

Japanese

HighSchool is my Business - 8/10

Revenge Club - How come these ahjummas be so naive? Fully Enjoyed 1st 8 episodes.

Meoholic - Crap - C grade content. 4/10

Loving Andante- it’s slow, but very realistic. And has one of the most realistic portrayals of siblings I have ever seen in a kdrama. Siblings that bicker, fight and roughhouse, call each other names and lash out at each other but still have each other’s back? Lol. Sounds like me and my family!

Mad dog - I’m in love. Can’t get this drama out of my head. They know how to tease us with a pseudo romance, right? Just keep Hari and Min joon flirting with each other, not enough to be too serious, and I’m sold!

Hospital Ship - I miss it. It’s warm comfort food on a cold day. And my Wednesday’s & Thursday’s are empty without it.

The package- I’m forcing myself to keep up with this. I like it when I watch it, but don’t miss it when I don’t.

While You Were Sleeping 💤- boring. I have seen this drama before. It was called Pinocchio and I Hear Your Voice with a few changes here and there. It will finish next week. Thank God!

Witch’s Court - the lead actress is compelling. And human. I love her, and I love the plot.

Go Back Spouses -A jewel. Delightful!

Meloholic - I really enjoyed the first two episodes. Like the plot like the acting.

Because It’s My First Life - Another jewel. I can’t praise this drama enough.

Revolutionary Love - Meh! What’s revolutionary about it? The love of a woman changes a spoiled chaebol. Hasn’t it been done before?? Many times???

now i know why i drop this drama in first episode. i feel the same pattern from LJS drama. seriously, LJS needs to find new character for him. i really like him in hot young blood where he doesn't have to be so 100% perfect. diversity, please.

👍🏾

@junah Ummm LJS is the very opposite of perfect here, he is clumsy, and extremely awkward, and very relatable, nothing perfect about his character. He played 3 completely different roles in his last 3 projects i.e , VIP and wyws so that is diverse ^ ^

i might be wrong in wwys cause i just watch 1 ep. but still, i feel he's always been given this role where he always need to be this 'super hero' male lead just to save the girl. in IHYV, he has this supper sense, in pinochio, he has to be this high IQ boy, in W, he has to be this alpha male cartoon character, in dr stranger, he has to be the genius surgeon. that's why, i like when he made him some pathetic loser womaniser male lead in HYB movie. it's really taken me off from his 'pretty boy' brand. and the second time i see him differently, in 3 meals a day with yoon kyun sang. i finally see him in different character (i know it is a real him, but still). i haven't seen him in VIP. but it seems like he offered more diverse role if he was doing the movie rather than drama.

Pinocchio was pretty well put together and explored things more thoroughly. Ultimately it told the story of how the ideals of truth and justice trumps ties of blood. It was redemptive in spirit - the evil mom ultimately decided to go to jail rather than have her son be jailed for her crimes. It tried to distinguish vengeance from justice. And how unmitigated ambition leads someone on a path that they finally acknowledged was far from what they had set out to be.

I agree that IHYV and WYWS are far less complex in subject matter and is pretty much good guy vs bad guy.

@junah I have to agree with @riman-rakshit, that LJS character here is different, or at least he is playing them as different as possible. We also have to consider that the writer is the same. I found it curious that in the three of them (IHYV, PINNOCHIO and WYWS) he is an orphan, and not only that, but one who has lost parents in a tragic way. That is a pattern... but while in IHYV he had a unique power, in WYWS he has a share peculiar characteristic of envision those bad events and he is not the only hero wanting to prevent them. I have also my problems with wyws, because of some illogical legal stuffs and the tension has reached a lower-key level where I feel I don't care too much because nothing will happen to them. If the danger were upon other characters, maybe I would feel I care more or I would be more curious, but if it is Suzy or LJS, I know they won't die, so... In that regard it becomes predictable and like some beanies have said, boring. But on the other hand, the humor is good, and the acting is very acceptable. I really like suzy in this drama, although not so much like Park Shin ye in pinnochio, or Lee Boyoung in IHYV (she is in a hier league).
In conclusion: I think WYWS is not sooooo good, but it is also not a mediocre drama. And the actors are really doing their best.

I miss Hospital Ship too ! Kang Min Hyuk and Ha Ji Won were so cute together :) And the stories were really touching.

I agree for WYWS. The legal part was in IHYV and the journalism part was in Pinocchio. They already discuss about the ethic issues.

I dropped While You Were Sleeping because I found it to be rather formulaic. I could predict what was coming far ahead of time and that can be boring unless the actors or directing are superb. Suzy's acting is far from superb. I had never seen her acting before and now I understand why people criticize it.

Really? Most people on here seem to think Suzy's doing a good job in this one, and I tend to agree. If you think she's not so great in this one, I'd love to see your reaction to Uncontrollably Fond (but not really, I wouldn't wish anyone to watch such a painfully bad drama). I can't quite put my finger on why I've lost interest in WYWS but it's not the acting. Somehow the tension in it just poofed away, and so I have to blame the writers, but I'm not sure what they're doing wrong.

I think @javinne's comment made some sense. The writer puts the protagonists in mortal danger episodically. We as the audience, kinda figure out that none of them will likely be killed off especially mid-way through. So it kinda takes away the tension.

The investigation and legal stuff and their resolution seemed pretty childish. YB as antagonist is not your most compelling villain. It is almost comical how he seems to get the worst clients and never figures out how not to take them on. (and we're really lost as to why he would take those cases that he did - I mean, as a lawyer, you get paid by the hour... why take on the sleazy ones? especially if you're any good)

My past comment was that it becomes a lukewarm romance (no real conflict) and lukewarm legal procedural (kinda simplistic) rolled into a drama.

Overall, it is well directed, has charming/lovable characters, reasonably well acted, didn't drag and wasn't too illogically frustrating. But that's what it is; a competent drama, breaks no new ground and an easy watch.

When I first start WYWS, I wondered what all the criticism about Suzy's acting was about because I thought that she wasn't bad. My only criticism was that I didn't think her acting was quite skillful enough to make it seem natural so that I could be swept along by the story. I also agree that part of the problem is the writers. But as I watched more and more episodes, I became more and more aware of her acting (or overacting?) than her character and less and less invested in the story. I don't consider her the worst actor out there but her acting contributed to my decision to drop WYWS.

I will stay far away from Uncontrollably Fond. Thanks for the advice!

Temperature of Love - Not even half way through it, so I haven't reached the point yet where most of the Beanies seemed to have become disillusioned with it. Still enjoying it, except Hyun-soo's sister. I still dislike her even though she appears on screen for like 5 seconds at a time.

While You Were Sleeping - The cute dreaming trio!

Witch's Court - Ma Yi-deum is a bit frustrating at times but she's written that way. There are simply people like that in real life.

Mad Dog - Go Team! I can't help but be a tad worried about them.

Buam-dong Revenge Club - Had to stop at episode 3 because I can no longer find a virus-free site to view it on! Got a virus scare on one of my devices this week and had to spend all this time cleaning things up instead of enjoying the drama! However, really liked the episodes I did watch!

If u can download the app on drama.net. That's where I watch my dramas. Subtitled and they are up to date

I certainly appreciate the info. Thanks for sharing! I'll have to look into it.

Seems like I'm watching quite a lot of drama currently.

Buamdong Revenge Club & Go Back Couple - seriously there will be one more week? Ugh in denial!

BRC - please tvN make a season 2 of this awesome drama!

Go Back Couple -Jang Na-ra never disappoint us. It's quite true she is mostly doing quite similar roles, but in my opinion, what matters most is the acting. She always make the typical romcom heroine to be effortlessly convincing and that's require skills and talent. I'm also glad that Son Ho-joon is Choi Ban-do, he is so convincing. He was criminally underused in Blow Breeze, that I'm glad he got to act in a good drama this time.

Black -Tried first epi. I found there are many things happened in first epi, but not so confusing. Plan to watch at least until second epi. Both leads are trying to give their best although I keep thinking what if better actors in their place.

J-drama :Okusama wa, Toriatsukai Chuui (Caution, Hazardous Wife) - Love, love and love this drama so far. It has all what I want - it is female centric drama, female friendship and good relationship between main couple. There are many moments to laugh - I still laugh whenever I remember the heroine and her two friends are trying to learn how to get their husbands' attention, but there are also many realistic situations that hit us as woman.

If I have time, I plan to watch webdrama A Person You Could Know (Soo-young, Lee Won-geun and Sim Hee-seop) Somehow 18 (Lee Yoo-bi and Min-ho) and Last Minute Romance (Han Seung-yeon and Lee Seo-won). These webdrama are always short ones, so it is good especially if we don't have much time to watch normal drama.

Planning to repick-up on Temperature of Love and 20th Century after both my drama end next week. Witch's Court can wait for later. Melo holic seems interesting, probably will try it after few more epi.

On weekend -Bravo My Life: surprisingly it is quite good. I'm more invested with the actress' story than the others. I'm confused who gonna romance whom, but so far it is quite nice.. Not a top quality show, you can see it is a low budget drama.

My Golden Life : it's funny how there are teams for Ji-an and Ji-soo LOL. That slap was unnecessary, but I figured that I was never fully supported Ji-an either. I want to see badass bitch Ji-soo, if possible though. But she seems to love bread so much that I wonder if she can adjust living with her real family.

wow that's quite a lot Sunbae *then remember her own watching list "just" 3 dramas but many k-shows, okay no comment on this one 😂*

Temperature of love and Witch's court aren't as good as their 1st episodes...., why is it so hard for dramas to keep their quality throughout all ep, argh....

LOL 😆

For TOL - I already expected for it, because of this writer. Seo Hyun-jin especially need to be more selective for her next project. I don't really mind for Yang Se-jong, his profile is already pretty great for a rookie who was just debuted last year.

WC - I somehow lost interest for unknown reason after epi 3, and I purposely avoid legal drama especially the one deal with sex crime cases at the moment.

Gotta agree with you, why it's hard for dramas to maintain the quality until the end.

*high five Sunbae* 😆

I watched Last Minute Romance up to Ep 6. It won't take up too much time to watch BUT there is nearly no depth to it.

I'd strongly recommend against Meloholic after watching the first 2 episodes. I might be jumping the gun a bit and the writer might somehow manage to redeem or otherwise explain the main male protagonist's actions in future episodes. But I sincerely doubt it. It's not even thought provoking because what happens is very simply and in no uncertain terms, immoral. (reading someone's mind and helping others manipulate them into relationships)

Agree re Meloholic. It's silly but not in a good way, and that relationship manipulation thing leaves a bad taste. Sorry but who's interested in a guy that spends his time playing stupid cupid? I've heard the manwha is totally out there and convoluted but you can just tell by the first two episodes of the drama that even if the plotline gets more interesting, the drama won't be able to do justice to it. Not recommended.

Where are you watching the J-drama?

I'm watching it at watchasian.

WINNER Over Flowers!!!

I did a recap of the first episode: https://varietyrecaps.wordpress.com/

So effing hilarious. Na PD is a genius (that kidnap!), but I don't think he kidnapped boys this time. It's like he kidnapped a bunch of puppies and one Gollum. Hee!

Package is a lovely gem. I'm drawn in to each character with its own story that is relatable. Thus far, each episode has been satisfying. I look forward to the next...

And I really have to start "Because This Life Is Our First"...

Because this life is our first. I cant bring myself to watch anything but this. Tried hard with While you were sleeping but dropped it in the end.
With BTLIOF Its the first time in a good while when the hour goes by and I find myself thinking: “what? It’s over?” Totally invested!
Is it me or dramas lately are just a bit bland and not as enyoyable as they used to be?

I dropped Chaebol.
I think I'm dropping Chef.
I was considering dropping Policeman, but will give this week episodes still a chance.

Chaebol. Chef. Policeman.

Ha! Love this.

And for my favourite couple: although this life may be their first they need to go back to the 20th century to form a revenge club.

Because This is My First Life: I love it, but it feels like a re-rash of Nigeru wa Haji to the point where it knocks the wind out of my sails. Add some cute parodies, and they'll be twins.

20th Century Boy and Girl: I should have known they were gonna bring back the missing-sister. I watched the last episode with my Mum, and all she could talk about was Jin-jin's fluffy pink jacket!

Wicth's Court: I was so close to quitting, but I'll stay. Just for the effort I've put in so far.

Buam-dong Revenge Club: I started this earlier in the week. I was surprised by how quickly it threw itself into the story, but I'm enjoying it. Lee Yo-won is hilarious.

Go Back Couple: How dare you use a fake-out, Show! Well, at least it prompted Ban-do to start chasing Jin-joo for real. You're running out of time, Ban-do-yah, step up!

The Package: No particular comments. I like it as much as I always do. I'm almost sad it's only twelve episodes long.

11th Mother: Cried like a baby. No surprise there.

Meanwhile, I'm kind of letting Temperature of Love and While You Were Sleeping drift out of sea. I want to catch up, but who has the time? (Plus, I can't call myself an Lee Jong-suk fan if I drop out now.)

Oh, I forgot! I tried Meloholic. Nothing to see there, except Kyung Soo-jin, who deserves way better. When it was announced, I thought that there were so many better webtoons they could have adapted. Bastard? My Beautiful World? Something else!

Approach and subject matter wise, this must be the 'most unfortunate timing ever' for a drama like Meloholic (in the first 2 episodes) Maybe too much from an American perspective, but what could go wrong with a drama showing a man (rather proudly) reading women's minds and helping other men get under their skirts? The mind boggles!

Even in the best of times, this had many more ways to go wrong rather than right. Taken as satire or parody, maybe. But this one is taking itself far too seriously and, so far, blindly ignoring the (lack of) morality of the protagonist's actions.

I agree!

I also feel like this drama could have somewhat worked about 20 years ago, when there weren't as many easy ways to invade a woman's privacy.

Many people seem to love it but Meloholic (the webtoon) strikes me as a weird amalgam of genres where none of them work. The 'psychological' part especially feels really cheap and shallow. Is Bastard any better? Was reluctant to try it because it's from the same author.

It's from the same author? Seriously? Bastard was fantastic. If you're squeamish, I wouldn't recommend it for a second, because the plot-twist ending almost broke me. But the pacing is great, and the growth of the lead is so satisfying, and there are a even little rewarding hints of romance.

I see, if one couldn't tell it was by the same author then I'm optimistic. Good thing I'm not squeamish but I have more problem with authors that like to throw in morally deviant stuffs with no real purpose just for the sake of being edgy. Anyway, thanks for answering :)

Hehe, I kept eyeing Jin Jin's pink jacket too. It looked so comfy! ^^ <3

WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING
I swear yu beom better get some backstory or something because if not he would be really one dimensional and also hopefully more woo tak and seung won in the final week!!

MAD DOG
I swear im gonna start watching save me just because of woo do hwan. But was sorta expecting/ not expecting the plot twist(?) at the end of ep 10 and also i think the villians are really one dimensional as well was hoping for more from hong joo but it seems like she switched to the dark side really quickly (or she it could just be a double cross aka shes secretly working for mad dog)

WITCHS COURT
Jung Ryeo Won is what keeps me spellbinded to the show but i was contemplating dropping thw show but then that time skip at the end of ep 10 made me interested because it brings a new level to the show

in general thus season's shows seem to have really 1 dimensional villians hopefully we get to see more complex villians sooner rather than later

Youth over flowers is back??! Awesome!

BTIOFL - Well they didn't get rid of BN as expected but his metamorphosis from creepy, no boundaries, busybody to an all observant, emotional expert is more than a little contrived. I guess his role is going to be "guide for the oblivious audience" as in "This is what JH is feeling just in case you didn't get it as you're watching". Who knows? Perhaps the writer is right in this too.

My thought is that this role would be better played by Bomi who would know SH better and probably be a better observer of JH from a female perspective (stereotypical of me, I know). Plus, it would be great to see her do this in her deadpan matter of fact style.

I am dying of anticipation hoping to watch JH go into attack mode. Rather than backing into her shell, she goes and wins her man!

20th Century Boy & Girl. Some payoff at last, although I still get the nagging feeling that the writer is somehow imagining how 35 year olds think and feel rather than having that experience herself. Goodness knows how many scenes of JW and SJJ we've seen and neither one has EVER tried a quiet conversation about their feelings? Are we supposed to be seeing tongue tied teenaged angst? I am being sarcastic because the writer's last credit was Reply 1997. Hopefully we start seeing the main 3 characters live in the here and now emotionally rather than with their eyes firmly stuck in the rearview mirror.

WYWS. Surprise twist on Investigator Choi! The latest arc will, I guess, bring some closure to the YB story (either through redemption or punishment) but truthfully, I never got too invested in YB as the ultimate antagonist. But I am now wondering how the drama will tie up :-

1) WT (He's color blind, is that it? For all the foreshadowing regarding his big secret?)
2) All that time spent on the backstory of the soldier that killed all those people 12 years ago? It happened and that's it?
3) HJ and her job and the scenes at her workplace. Is it going to play in the main story resolution?

Compared to Pinocchio, this appears to be a less well put together and thought through drama. But maybe reserve final comments until the show has ended.

I just check the writer and director of go back couple only did sound of your heart (lee kwang soo, jung so mi) before. Go Back Couple is their second drama. Seriously the writing and directing are excellent, all the actors have done their job well, Ill keep an eye on this duo in the future.

Seriously they are so good

Internet is down so I have time to consider dropping dramas among 10!

I decided to drop RoL not because of Siwon but I can't relate to dumb super priviledge kid. I'd be okay if the kid is a teenager not a full grown adult.

ToL : I like the guys but the girls not so much..except the sommerlier, she is awesome..former doctor turn chef need to pick the right girl! I will read recaps.

20 century : it's not addicting enough.

Current faves : go back spouses and witch court.

I never liked Yeo geomsa. Ma yi deum is awesome alone. For the first time, I don't care for the romance.

Seojin is so cutee..that's the only reason I want them together. I don't have SLS but I do like the idea of Ma JinJoo moving forward for now. I hope I can see Ma JinJoo falling inlove again with bando...if not I'm ok

K-drama has taken over my life! I have 7 on-going k-dramas for the 7 days in the week. So far, I have no intention to drop any but will see.... a few of them are starting to lose their lustre and plot sense.

Buamdong Avengers' Club: My latest addition (and addiction). I love the 3 ahjummas so much! And Soo-Gyum is exactly what the ahjummas need to exact their petty revenge. Perfect ❤️❤️❤️

Go Back Couple: I know my SLS is going to leave me heartbroken but surprisingly I'm ok with Jin-Joo ending up with Ban-Do after watching Ep 8. And as a mother, I can never give up my child, not even for a gazillionaire star lecturer who sets my heart aflutter (oh... but the temptation is there though 😆)

Because This Life is Our First: How I looked while watching this week's episodes: 😍😍😍 Totally approve Ji-Ho going on the attack! Fighting!!!

Witch's Court: Me, after watching Ep 10: 🤔 Why are there so many people doing stupid things in this episode? I mean, it's bad enough that the courtroom drama is laughable, but the latest plot development leaves me baffled. You better explain yourself in Ep 11, Show! Don't make me drop you!

Temp of Love: I can't take anymore of sad mopey Jung Sun 😞The only bright spots are Kyung and the budding romance between sous chef and sommelier. And when Won-Joon tells Hong-Ah off, yay! More of that please!

While You Were Sleeping: Still the ❤️ of my k-drama life. Are there better shows out there? Absolutely! But the heart wants what the heart wants....Everything in this show works for me, even the plotholes and the tiny universe it inhibits.

Mad Dog: Back to liking this show after Ep 9 &10. Stakes are getting higher, but seeing the Mad Dog team working together is so satisfying 👍🏼 Kim Min-Joon, stop going rogue!

Black - most favourite due to the unpredictable and deep plot. I am glad that it focuses on the mystery instead of romance.

Go Back Spouse - i cried every episode. Mostly when jinjoo and bando remember their son. As a wife and a mom, i can relate myself with jinjoo. I understand how difficult marriage is and i know bando struggles to be a breadwinner to his family. So for me there is no SLS in this series.

BTLIOF - for me this is like another Full House. If Black can make me feel depressed, GBS can make me feel sad, this series is like a pain relieved. I laugh a lot everytime Lee Min Ki appears on my screen.

WYWS - emmm, the plot is i don't know man..it is kind of okay but it so cliche and it become boring. There is one thing that i didn't understand, why every criminal goes to the bad prosecutor (forget his name)? Is it just to show that he is a villain? And their dream is so random.

Avengers Social Club - Episodes 7 & 8 made me cry so many tears. I guess our unnies have to experience the lows before they can ultimately triumph ( and they better, you hear me writers!) but all the same, it was heart wrenching to watch them all fall apart one by one. The hardest to watch in a way was Do Hee, because she has been so unfailingly cheerful up until now. And I may have bawled more than necessary when Jung Hye was all alone in the bath house, lying on the floor and being sad. Also, the majority of the men on this show can go jump off a bridge. Especially the husbands and the principal. They make me rage. -____-

Bravo My Life - My main motivation for watching the show is like a romance being Yeon Jung Hoon and Do Ji Won and it finally seems like it's going to happen and I'm just so OVER the moon with delight!!! Dong Woo is just so cute around Ra Ra. So many smiles!!

Because this life is our first: I love this drama so much, especially its deft social commentary. I think the whole red coat/black coat thing particularly touched me this week. I also enjoyed how the writer trolled us with Bok-nam. I still can't get over it!

Black: It's a strange combo of enjoyable (especially now that some of the puzzle pieces are coming together) and depressing (the deaths this week are just particularly unfair...). I was wrong in initially saying that this was a bad drama choice for SSH and Go Ara. Their ranges are limited, but this drama appears to be a good showcase of their skills and a good addition to their acting resume.

Buamdong Revenge Club (up to ep 8): What a gem! I just love how our ladies and Soo-gyum support each other - especially when individually, they feel so isolated and trapped. So many laughs and heart-warming moments. Ep 8 was particularly depressing, but I peeked at the raw for ep 9, and our members are bouncing back.

Witch's Court: This drama is really buoyed by the charismatic Ma Yi Deum and the OTP moments. Otherwise, the plot and other characters are sort of blah. I should be hella pissed at MYD because what she did this week was so incredibly mind-numbingly stupid and just so wrong and effed-up, but I can only find pity for her.

I looked in on Meloholic when my mom was watching it. Kyung Soo-Jin caught my attention and Yunho seemed okay in it, but mind-reading just seems too icky for me.

Go Back Spouses: Love love love that show. I was diagnosed with a major case of Second Lead Syndrome and there are no remedies but I don't even care. I will gladly go down with that ship. The friendships and the concept of youth (and in Ban-do and Jin-joo case, relieving that youth) are great. Can't wait for the next episode.

Because This Life is Our First: Also a favorite. I can identify so much with Se-hee as a developer myself (who can also be a bit too analytical). I am excited for this weekend's episodes.

Mad Dog: I am a bit behind, but I liked what I watched so far. Other beanies have been commenting on the flirting between Min-Joo and Ha-ri so clearly I need to catch up.

While you were sleeping: I watch it but slowly. It's just so... so... bland. Suzy and Lee Jong Suk are funny and make a good pairing. I just want more. The villains are so one dimensional which makes them so unrealistic sometimes. It's an easy watch which is why I haven't dropped it. It's just hard when they are so many more exciting shows to watch.

I think I will pick up Buam Dong Revenge Club next. Everyone only has good things to say about it.

I really like Because it's my first life and The Package ! The both dramas are slow but make me ask myself about the society in which I live. They discuss about a lot things we can't see in other dramas or we can see it but not in the same direct way, like daughter-in-law syndrom or condoms :p It's very interesting !

Otherwise I watch Mad Dog ( mainly for the couple :D), Witch's Court (but I'm losing interest), WYWS (just for Woo Tak), ToL (my hope for a good ending is dying...), 20 Century (it's cute), Black (I hope I will finaly undertstand the story!)

Witch's Court: Bring back my sassy Ma Yi-Deum..

Because This Life Is Our First: It's so heart fluttering show LOL

Mad Dog: If I were Choi Kang-Woo then I will raise that cute puppy's Kim Min-Joon

While You Were Sleeping: Mr Choi is such a bae TT.TT

Buam-dong Revenge Club: C'mon show don't hurt those adorable ahjumma..

b>While You Were Sleeping : Waiting impatienly for final week episodes.
I Love Jaechan's antics, so funny! I like the romance here, it's developed naturally. Jaechan and Hongjoo always help each other to choose the right and better path to take, and be there when one of them needs comfort.
I'm gladly surprised by the revelation of Junior Cop's identity. I don't mind if Wootak's big secret is only his colour blindness because it really is big for him as a cop.
I don't want Yoobum to be redeemed by the end. I don't need reasoning or his backstory to sympathize him because I don't want to.

Buamdong Revenge Club : Waiting patiently for subtitles for episode 9 and 10.
The only likeable characters in this drama are the avenger quartet and Dohee's children. The others are annoying. Maybe that's what makes me root for the avengers more. It's time to level up the game. Small pranks wouldn't be enough to take down the baddies.

Because This Life Is Our First : Waiting for a romcom with contract relationship which the hero fall for the heroine first. Why does the girl always be the first to fall in love in contract relationship?
When Sehee's told that Boknam is not the culprit then Jiho went in to the cafe and see Boknam there, I felt too strong secondhand embarrassment that I can't continue to watch it. It needed 3 days for me to resume watching it and I fast-forwarded the conversation between the three.

Meloholic : not really waiting for next episode.
I quite like its story with some mysteries there. The lead characters is okay. There is Boknam's doppelganger but with antipode personality and appearance.
First episode spent too much time on unnecessary couples' hot scenes so the pace felt slow.
I will check next episode to decide keeping it or dropping.

at BTLIOF: you should have definitely continue watching that particular scene, cause it is just so damn funny watching SH from previous scene where he showed off with the cube and suddenly like guilty puppy in front of BN, even call him 'sir' to get negotiation on motor fee. don't you love when we still fall for our male lead even when he is not perfect and sometime can be embarrassed ? cause i do.

Maybe I'm in the minority who don't fall head over heels for Sehee, even sometimes I feel frustrated by him. My love for a romcom drama hero really is depending on how he treats the heroine.

I think this is one of the reasons many (most?, all?) of us like SH as a less than typical hero.

He has always treated JH with respect even though he was/is the landlord and a fair bit older than her. He also always listens to her and tries to understand her perspective (and sometimes goes even further than JH in understanding her situation) Neither does he cross boundaries with her even when he thinks he's right, he lets her make decisions for herself.

But the beauty of this drama is watching him go from treating her as just another person, to someone he respects as a tenant.

In the last 2 episodes especially (if you note) he completely stops what he's doing every time she walks in the room. He looks up and waits for her to speak. He doesn't do that for his colleagues in the office, he just nods a greeting and goes on with what he's doing. (He used to do that to her earlier, too) He is so compelled by her and I think the writer is conveying he doesn't even realize that he treats her so differently from everyone else.

Thank you! I was confused when I saw this post because Se-hee treats Ji-ho incredibly well and respects her much more than 99% of male leads. He even SAID that he respects her.

The great thing about Se-hee is that he's not mean to her, and when he drew a line and saw that it hurt her he tried to rectify it. You get so many male leads that are just... well, mean. People call them prickly, say they're misunderstood, but when you get down to it they are MEAN. Those are the types that usually have people rooting for the second lead.

Se-hee isn't like that, though. He's not perfect, she's not perfect. They are both flawed and they do misunderstand each other, but that's one of the central themes of the show. How can you know someone else when you don't even completely know yourself? It's how they later talk about these misunderstandings that makes their relationship work.

I know Sehee treats Jiho with respect and he never hurts Jiho directly. But for me he is too inflexible (and I know it's the writer's purpose too). It's not that I dislike him, in the end I think it's just the matter of my taste which prefer typical hero.

Go Back Spouses - Underrated drama but I love it in all the show that is airing as of the moment maybe because I can truly relate to it. Loving some of the scenes. it made me realise how i Miss my grandma (cause she is the one who took care of me) and my friends. I miss the old times that sometimes I also think of going back to the past and change some of it.
Because this is my first life - We're getting there I want See Hee and Ji Ho to be in love now. I like them a lot as a person and waiting for them to be a couple and see how See Hee will interact with her once he confess :D
Revolutionary Love - Watching just for laughs.
While you were sleeping - Lee Jong Suk really know how to pick his drama. It's not good in ratings but the drama acting and cinematography are good. Maybe because some of the people are watching online now.
Witch Court - Another good drama to watch.
BLACK - Song Seung Heon is really good as Black although some people won't like it because of it different tone. I'm enjoying it a lot and happy they got extension.
Meloholic - Watch the first episode I think i'm going to like it because of the female lead. She is very good in Equator Man.
Koren Show
THE UNIT - BEcause of Rain :D
Wanna One Go Season 2 - Kang daniel and Ong Seung Woo Ong Niel is Science
Running Man - My all time favorite
Fantastic Duo
Waiting for the next season of I can see your voice

What a week

Like many, the first on my list this week is Because This Life is Our First. It was...okay. I am looking forward to next Monday though, since I thought seeing Ji Ho whole heartedly doing chores at Se Hee's parents' house feels incomplete without seeing formidable Se Hee makes kimchi at Ji Ho's parents' house. Applause to Se Hee's mom for being so cunningly calling Ji Ho for help, and another applause for keep complimenting her while also handing her all the work. Thanks to this, we'll be seeing Se Hee making kimchi wearing that red floral pants next week.

And like many others, I watched While You Were Sleeping too this week, and although it's beautiful, it's touching, it's funny, and and has creepy villain, I have also started watching Go Back Spouses this week, and I regret it right away, because I have finished all 8 eps in 2 days, cried buckets, laughed like crazy, and ended up wanting to have more Jung Nam Gil on screen.

I watched Avengers Club and found the twist very interesting (it's about time! Those guys aren't fools, you know.), but I haven't finished watching Black and Witch's Court this week. I fell asleep.

I dropped Revolutionary Love.

Witch's Court - i love the chemistry of the leads that I would wish to ship them in real life if only YHM is single. But when I saw Lee Dongwook sent a food truck to JRW, I went shouting "Just date Dong Wook oppa instead!" HAHAHA

Mad Dog - I love the Mad Dog squad + Minjoon. Their squad feels like the Healer team to me. And the chemistry between HaRi and Minjoon is so obvious even if this show is not a romance drama.

While You Are Sleeping - I like how the story flows and how they reveal the secrets and twists of the story. But still, I'm not satisfied with how our main leads convey their emotion. TBH, i find Lee Sangyeob and Jung Haein better than our main leads in terms of acting. There are times that Lee Jongsuk is bland and I wish that he would put more emotion on some of his lines.

Because This Is My First Life - Loving the not-your-typical-love-story plot of this show. Emotionless Lee Minki is <3.

P.S.
I'm looking for a good Chinese drama right now. Something like Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms - hisrtorical, fantasy or wuxia with a happy ending.

Like most beanies, I am in awe for BTLIOF. I thought I would would be a faithful fan of only WYWS, but no. I keep on watching it, and 20th century, and go back couple, because Jang Nara is amazing..But BTLIOF has made the deal for me. Until now it is the best happening in Dramaland.

Random question. Who is the actress in the picture of this post??

Lee Yeon hee

Are you sure? Do you know what dramas she has been in? She seems crazily familiar to me, but wikipedia doesn't help me. Thanks for your answer

Try on asiawiki http://asianwiki.com/Lee_Yeon-Hee maybe you'll find where you saw her. For now, she plays in The Package as a guide.

She was also recently in Reunited World.

Exactly! There is where I remember her!!! Ha ha, thanks. Now I know

New beanie here! Hi everyone!

Okay so I'm updated with:

> While You Were Sleeping - Really sad the ratings. I thought that it deserved so much more. It's doing well online though which is good. I'm sad how the other beanies aren't watching this (except for girlfriday being the recapper, of course). We are down to its last week. Hope y'all can tune in!

> Temperature of Love - I had high expectations. Such a sweet pairing but what seriously is happening with the plot? I dropped it.

> Because This is My First LIfe - What a breath of fresh air. My Mondays and Tuesdays feel very great because of this show though something went wrong with this week's episodes lol. I enjoy this as much as While You Were Sleeping.

> Revolutionary Love - I like Siwon and Kang Sora but it's just not my cup of tea. I dropped this as well. Sorry!

> 20th Century Boy & Girl - So light, so fresh. Not much happening but this makes me happy hahaha.

> Witch's Court - Aw shucks I enjoy watching this too because of our lead couple. Can't wait for Ma Yi Deum's comeback hahaha!

> Buamdong Revenge Club - Eyyy this is pretty good too. Nobody's doing a recap on this show? Hmmm, alright.

> Go Back Couple - I shouldn't have started this! I literally got my heart broken in the latest episodes. Aw!!

Just started watching Black, Mad Dog & Meloholic. Let's see how these will go. Let's see if these three are worth it. Let me know if ever!

Welcome to dramabeans!
Wow! You're watching a lot!

Hi! Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

I've realized that I'm watching a lot. I don't know how I balance my time actually haha! I try to keep up!

I also welcome you to dramabeans!! Well, some dramas you have dropped them, so maybe you can keep up. Eventually, I suppose, you will find yourself attached only to few dramas and enjoy the trivia, in order to make the experience more fun. Enjoy yourself!!!!! 😉

Hi Javinne! Thanks for welcoming me!!

I agree with you. I'll eventually continue watching the dramas that spark my interest. Let's see what will happen by then. Enjoy yourself too!

Because This Life is Our First - the only drama that has actually managed to keep me interested!

I don't know why but all recent dramas have been disappointing to me I was looking forward to them all but I'm either being really picky or the dramas airing right now are just very average

It's the girls who are pulling me in

Go Back Spouses I love Jang Nara. Besides, this show is the one which I can relate to the most. Every week, there's plenty to laugh and cry about.

BTLIOF I love Jung So Min so I'll side with her character even if she's not at her most rational or reasonable behavior. I realize I am not swooning over this show as much as beanies do. I love the comedy a lot more than finding Lee Min Ki hot. So I am looking forward to kimchi making mayhem and LMK in ahjumma pants. Meanwhile, Sang Gu and Won Seok never fails to make me laugh every week.

Buam-dong Revenge Club The actresses make all the difference in this show. The story actually moves quite slowly but it's the journey that matters like the most timid member, Mi Sook finally taking a big step this week.

Witch Court Jung Ryeo Won is the only reason why I am still watching but I don't know if I can anymore. The last two episodes were incredibly frustrating. Imagine if this show was about about the "Witch Prosecutor" Ma Yi Deum, her escapades and side kick Jin Wook, what a delightful show it would have been! Alas, it has the annoying politician, stupid chaebol heir and all the makjang crap.

For the guys, out of the whole lot, I am most impressed with relatively new actor Jang Ki Yong who plays Jung Nam Gil and it's not his looks.
I know almost zilch on kpop but Jun in Buam Dong Revenge Club is effortlessly charming as Soo Gyum. A bit too much that I keep shipping him with the older women.

Hwaaa I’m so impressed! So many Beanies watch so many shows nowadays! The only show I watch is While You Were Sleeping since working is so hectic. I love the show despite a lot of flaws thanks to the Lead (Suzy) ‘cause I find her adorable and LJS’s acting. (Oh Manager Choi I love you too!) it’s an easy to watch show.

Would love to watch the Package too since many Beanies here have good words about it, and Yonghwa is the lead. Because This Life Is Our First the name doesn’t sound super tempting, but I guess I’ll have to try seeing it some time soon since there are rave reviews about it here.

You won't regret watching BTIOFL if you enjoy nuanced and fully fleshed characters, subtlety and something that is thought provoking.

It is comedy without slapstick, drama without makjang, inner conflict and tension without over the top villains, evil stepmoms, shouted conversations, love triangles (quadrangles, pentangles or what not)

My own perspective and warning is not to watch it while watching other rom-coms because, if you like it, every other rom com drama (in recent years) will pale in comparison.

If you like BTIOFL then, if you're like me, you'll probably also enjoy Hogu's Love (or Fool's Love) by the same writer, and also Flower Boy Next Door (if you can ignore the crazy ex-classmates).

Re: FLOWER BOY NEXT DOOR, thanks for the reminder of Enrique Keum in his panda suit. Yoon Si-yoon is terrific in this. ;-)

Thank you for your comment on BTLIOF! It does now sound very tempting. I decided to postpone watching it till it’s finished .. or at least until after I’ve finished editing my paper!

Ji-An, you’re breaking my heart again this week. Why are you all alone? She has tried so long to be strong and persevere that those around her can’t imagine she isn’t indestructible. A big part of why she has worked so hard is her huge sense of responsibility and that is what is now choking the life from her.
On another note, why is Park Si Hoo’s screen father only 12 years older than him? They look like brothers. Weird. Is there a deficit of 50ish actors polished enough to play charbol dads?