Two souls, one cranky detective’s body in Two Cops
I knew it was going to be fun watching Jo Jung-seok (Jealousy Incarnate) play two characters, and the third teaser for his new drama Two Cops finally shows us a tidbit of his two-in-one role. The MBC body-swap fantasy is about a righteous detective who gets possessed by the soul of a con artist who wreaks havoc on his life. Kim Sun-ho (Strongest Deliveryman) costars as the smooth-talking swindler, and Hyeri (Entertainer) plays the prickly broadcast news reporter who has a loveline with them.
The latest teaser takes place in an interrogation room, with Jo Jung-seok as violent crimes detective Cha Dong-tak, questioning Kim Sun-ho as con artist and repeat offender Gong Su-chang. All the detective does is ask his name to begin the interrogation, but Gong Su-chang just keeps singing lines from songs to annoy him: “I don’t know, I can’t possibly know~” and “It’s me, it’s me, it’s me, it’s me~!” Detective Dong-tak just says one word over and over the whole time: “Name. Name! NAAAAME!”
But then the screen blips and Jo Jung-seok suddenly looks laid-back and smirky as he answers his own question, “Me? I’m Gong Su-chang.” The real Gong Su-chang’s face gets overlaid on his (the composite of their two faces creeps me out) as he chuckles to the camera. The copy reads: “One body, two souls, a cooperative investigation.”
If by “cooperate” you mean hijack a body and force it to share, sure. The character descriptions do call the con artist someone you can’t hate despite his misdeeds, though, so I think we’re in for lighthearted body-swap antics from a wayward punk who’s about to get our cop into a bit of mischief.
Two Cops follows 20th Century Boy and Girl and premieres Monday, November 27 on MBC
- What it takes to be a female reporter in Korea according to Two Cops
- First peek at badass officer Jo Jung-seok in MBC’s Two Cops
- Jo Jung-seok gets ready to throw punches in Two Cops stills
- Two Cops gears up for premiere in November with new stills
- Cast of MBC’s Two Cops gathers for first script read
- Hyeri, Choi Woo-shik up to join Jo Jung-seok’s body-swapping Two Cops
- Two Cops courts Han Ji-min to be Jo Jung-seok’s leading lady
- Jo Jung-seok gets a soul transplant for fantasy criminal drama Two Cops