Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 27-Dec. 3, 2017

We had a number of premieres and finales this week, and some last-minute scheduling tweaks related to them. On Monday, SBS launched a new show, Yoon Kyun-sang’s innocent-felon-prison-breaks-and-becomes-fake-cop show Mysterious Il-seung, and while its numbers didn’t retain all of the numbers of its predecessor, Temperature of Love, it did maintain SBS’s place in the rankings. (That would be second place, behind KBS.)

MBC, meanwhile, had an unusual lineup because it both wrapped up and kicked off a new show this week, and then had to create time to accommodate both shows. That’s because initially its low-key romantic comedy 20th Century Boy and Girl was meant to have wrapped last week, but the labor strike delayed the show’s premiere. MBC really didn’t want to give SBS the upper hand in premiering its new show first, though, and was insistent on launching Two Cops alongside Mysterious Il-seung. Thus it tried to get 20th Century to air its final four episodes last week, but that idea was insane and thankfully scrapped (which must have been a relief to the cast and crew of the show).

So instead, MBC pulled 20th Century one hour ahead of its own timeslot for its finale, to give Two Cops the regular timeslot. In the end, though, MBC wound up in third place anyway, although the numbers are close enough that we could still see them change. As a silver lining: 20th Century Boy and Girl’s numbers swing back up to 4.0% from its low last week (1.8%, ouch), which is a small consolation for the good-natured (though perhaps overly placid?) show.

Finales generally do well for dramas, which was the case this week: Witch’s Court went out on a series high with triumphs in the courtroom and in her personal life, as did slice-of-life romance Because This Life Is Our First and thriller Mad Dog. Next week: Five more shows join the lineup! We’re just swimming in premieres these days.

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 27-Dec. 3, 2017

My Golden Life 28 KBS 38.8%
Man Who Sets the Table 25 MBC 10.4%
Man Who Sets the Table 26 MBC 15.1%
Black 16 OCN 3.5%
Revolutionary Love 16 tvN 3.3%

Tags:

i will miss Because This Life is Our First and Mad Dog...

Same! the highlight of my week is finished now to find myself something new love

Me too, BTLIOF was such a breath of fresh air drama. I need to find a new crack to fill the void left by this drama.

yes, it's the 16 hours worth of my time...thank you...it's hard to move on, it's just too good.

Ah, I have to truthful about the time I spent with BTIOFL:
1) Hours watching (and re-watching) drama
2) Time on YouTube trawling for previews and BTS and OST
3) Time spent screen capping and making gifs
4) Drama Beans!
5) Do I count time watching other dramas/films starring actors from the current show?
Total: Erm ... a lot. Let's just say a few chores were left undone.

Same! I just now catching up on real life while playing the BTLIOF OST in the background.

What's with soo many shows on Mon-Tues??! It kills my work schedule ( yes I have zero resistance to temptation so can never postpone watching them till the weekend)!
Wish they were on weekends but i guess the weekend family dramas eke out insane ratings for the channels to move the slots around..

Yay. Next week oppar dramas will slay 🔪 the entire existence of all currently aired dramas. Please be prepared to be cornered. 😊

# I’m Not A Robot # Black Knight

I've watched the first episode of untouchable, I like it so far but i am going to wait for it and Prison Playbook to end and marathon them both when they're subbed, it's much better than waiting the subs and forgetting what happened in the previous episode.

On a side note Kyung Seo Jin should be a leading lady soon, I didn't lije her in Weightlifting Fairy maybe because her character was the boring second lead, but she's fantastic in playing double identity Meloholic and was good in her special appearance in Untouchable.

I couldn't bring myself to watch more than the first 2 episodes of Nothing To lose despite my love for the cast but the plot is boring and annoying.

I'm also waiting to marathon "Smart Prison Living." It's been a long time since "Cruel City" and "Time Between Dog and Wolf" where Jung Kyung-ho really shines.

I love Park Eun-bin to pieces but I can't bring myself to watch "Nothing to Lose." She is gifted and can do so much more than this role.

I second you on Kyung Seo Jin. She's carrying Meloholic and shines in the cameos. Wish she'd get her own drama on primetime.

Ok.

lol.

I'm curious between Two Cops and Mysterious Il-seung, which one will be a winner on Monday-Tuesday show..

That is a good question. I do not know how they will fare in Korea but I must admit I like both dramas so far.

lol i can't believe Mad Dog closed at 9.7 percent for the last episode and #1 position.

I like the drama so I am really happy for it but this not so hyped show with no A list stars got the same ratings for its finale as some big deal hyped dramas that people were constantly screaming "will hit daebak".... lol. What is a success for one drama might be not so much for a more hyped drama.

But congratulations to Yoo Ji Tae and Woo Do Hwan! I hope to see more of WDH in dramas especially.

Yoo Ji Tae is an A lister. But apart from that, no SBS or MBC dramas have got 2 digit ratings since division of episodes into 2 started. You sould consider that as well. Another factor is the advertiser's ratings. These hyped dramas are doing very well in advertise ratings which matters a lot these days , which is why they are a success in Korea. I saw you in other ratings articles shading while you were sleeping, no point sis, it is a success in Korea and internationally, don't know what those A listers did to hurt you, but your repeated comments sound so salty and bitter :D

Witch’s Court is a champ! The cemistry bitween the main actors was fantastic. Who would think this drama will be such a hit.

Ratings for Two Cops are really, really sad. 3%?! That's terrible.

I loved Witch's Court but unfortunately cannot bring myself to watch Two Cops. I do not like the lead actor in Two Cops.

I'm Not A robot and Black Knight will eclipse all currently aired dramas' ratings next week. 😉

Yes “Money Flower” set another high record for itself at 15.3%! Fighting !

Mad dog was so close to 10%, doubles of its 1st Episode's ratings! Congrats to Yoo Ji Tae!!!
I really hope Two Cops's ratings will raise up, having a lot of fun with the show.

I don't understand why Witch's Court is a hit with mediocre story, writing and not-really likeable characters. I just watched it for the chemistry between the leads. The rest was 'meh.

Hoping for Two Cops' ratings to increase this week. It's not a perfect drama but Jo Jung-suk and Kim Sun-ho are killing it.

Smart Prison Living deserves it. I love it..

It is the second time Javabeans is doing this and it's kinda worrisome.. I miss Heads!! 😭 Where is she?! Did I miss something?

Why couldn't Because This Life Is Our First get that extra 0.1%! That would have been so good to close out on. Nevertheless, it did well and it will be missed.

Money Flower is stunning and so intense! Really wish it was being recapped on DramaBeans as I had to literally create a side list to keep all the characters and names straight for the first 4-5 episodes - but WOW - what a drama!! I never knew I needed Jang Hyuk all clean-shaven, quiet and intense in a suit until now and I have to give major kudos to a drama that finally knows how to handle music correctly to enhance each scene. The emphasis on a mainly classical music score is absolute perfection!

Haha I refer to the wiki page initially for the names but now I have memorized all of them. Really a good drama worth watching !