New tvN medical drama You Who Forgot Poetry begins casting
Lee Jun-hyuk, Lee Yubi, Gong Myung
Casting is finally underway for You Who Forgot Poetry, the upcoming tvN drama about the unsung heroes of the medical community, like nurses, physical therapists, rehab specialists, radiology techs, interns, and other medical staff members. Currently, You Who Forgot Poetry is courting Lee Jun-hyuk (Forest of Secrets), Lee Yubi (Somehow 18, Scholar Who Walks the Night), and Gong Myung (Revolutionary Love) to be its leads. All three actors are considering the offers for now.
The premise sounds unique because at the core of each episode, there will be an encouraging poem that helps our characters move past the difficulties in their daily lives. It sounds lovely and slice-of-life, which is right up my alley! I just hope the actors will be able to carry the nuance necessary for the intriguing mix of poetry and medicine. I really enjoyed Lee Jun-hyuk in some of his previous works (Naked Fireman, Equator Man), but Lee Yubi and Gong Myung are still quite green.
PD Han Sang-jae and writer Myung Soo-hyun from long-running tvN comedy Rude Miss Young-ae are reuniting with their Drinking Solo production team for this new project. So if Gong Myung confirms, he’ll be working with the same staff that helped create his breakout role as the center of the memorable Noryangjin trio at the heart of that show.
Healing drama You Who Forgot Poetry is scheduled to air on tvN during the first half of next year.
- Drinking Solo production reteams for medical- and poetry-themed drama
- Revolutionary Love: Episode 1
- Gong Myung joins Revolutionary Love as Siwon’s jealous secretary
- First loves and a high school do-over for JTBC web drama Somehow 18
- Lee Yubi, Min-ho star in JTBC time-slip web drama Somehow 18
- Lee Yubi, Lee Jong-hyun up for new rom-com drama
- Forest of Secrets: Episode 1
- tvN thriller Forest of Secrets confirms leads, adds Lee Jun-hyuk