[Theme of the Month] Tell us about your year in dramas
December means it’s almost the end of the year, and that means that we’ll soon be taking a look back at the year that was and figuring out what we thought about it.
This time, we’re inviting you all to join the staff in the year-end reviews by extending the year-end series to December’s Theme of the Month series. So fire up your computers and let us know what 2017 was like for you and your drama-watching experience.
Tell us about your year in dramas.
We’d love to hear lots of different angles and approaches to this retrospective look at 2017, so we’re asking you to go beyond merely telling us what dramas you liked. (Otherwise, we’d have fifty lists of the same thing!)
Find a theme to act as the framework for your review, whether it’s about plot points, or tropes, or character types, or the reactions you had to the dramas of the past year.
- Email your submissions to [email protected] If you have a registered Dramabeans account, include your handle so we can link to it.
- Include at least 1 image, though more is preferred.
- Suggested length: Between 500 and 1,000 words.
- Deadline: We will post these on a rolling basis, so we’re taking submissions now. We will cut off accepting submissions on December 24. If you miss this month, join us for a new theme next month!
- [Theme of the Month] Escapism vs. Realism
- [Theme of the Month] Our relationship to music and dramas
- [Theme of the Month] Challenge! Revisit an old drama
- 2016 Year in Review, Part 7: Editors’ Picks
- 2016 Year in Review, Part 6: Hoobae minions’ first rodeo
- 2016 Year in Review, Part 5: Sunbae minions weigh in
- 2016 Year In Review, Part 4: Embracing the modern age (HeadsNo2’s review)
- 2016 Year in Review, Part 3: A drama for every day of the year (girlfriday’s review)
- 2016 Year in Review, Part 2: The doctor is in (javabeans’ review)
- 2016 Year in Review, Part 1: The Bean Count
- 2016 Beanie Awards: Vote for your favorite dramas of the year