Jang Geun-seok and Han Ye-ri team up for legal/con drama Switch
Confirmations are in for upcoming SBS show Switch: Change the World, with both Jang Geun-seok (Jackpot) and Han Ye-ri (Age of Youth 2) finalizing their castings with the drama. The project was previously announced as Operation King when Jang was first courted, but the title has now (ahem) switched.
This isn’t necessarily a pairing I’d reach for off the top of my head, but the odd-couple vibe is piquing my interest: Han Ye-ri always strikes me with her quiet strength and understated vibe, while Jang Geun-seok likes to do things with flair. Lots of it, with a ponytail on top! In this drama, Jang Geun-seok plays a con artist (heh) with the brains to pass the bar exam, although he was somehow unable to become a prosecutor. Because he’s as knowledgeable as a prosecutor but not actually a real one, he’s not bound by their rules and ethics and thus can navigate investigations more freely.
The drama describes itself as approaching justice from the line between legal and illegal, and also sends a satirical message. With that kind of character description driving the plot, I can already envision the clashing between the upright prosecutor and the faker who nevertheless seems to be working toward the same ultimate goal.
Switch: Change the World will be a Wednesday-Thursday drama following the current drama Return, and will premiere in March.
- SBS courts Jang Geun-seok to be their Operation King
- Age of Youth 2: Episode 1
- Jang Geun-seok up for indie movie Human Time
- Black and white dreams with Han Ye-ri in Chunmong
- Han Ye-ri encounters the Worst Day ever in new romance film
- Age of Youth: Episode 1
- Jackpot: Episode 1
- Jang Geun-seok leaves Three Meals a Day in wake of tax evasion scandal
- Trials, tribulations, and tuxes for Three Meals a Day: Fishing Village