Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

girlfriday

Currently recapping: Hwayugi

Woohoo Waikiki: What a bunch of knuckleheads. Adorable, hapless knuckleheads without a clue how to live life, but that’s pretty much the charm of this show, isn’t it? I’ve only seen the first episode so far, but I like the trio of friends and the way they rib each other like real bros. The secondhand embarrassment is strong in this show, so if you have a low cringe threshold, fair warning. But I found their mundane mishaps hysterical, and the girls are just as funny and weird as the boys, which I really like.

Radio Romance: Didn’t it seem a little too early in the show to be pulling the trapped-together-all-night-on-a-remote-island trope? Maybe it came too soon, or maybe this hero just confuses me. Because every time I think he’s becoming nicer and letting down his guard, he counteracts it with some jerky move, like he can’t decide which personality to go with on any given day. But then every time he does something swoony without taking the credit, I’m on his side again. Sigh, K-drama heroes.

odilettante

Cross: The concept of slow-burn-revenge-thriller (along with the gorgeous few minutes of the first episode) had me excited about what this drama was potentially going to be. But then it settled into what felt like a standard medical drama that I’ve seen a dozen times before, complete with overly graphic depictions of surgeries for my wimpy taste. I tried giving this the four-episode test but I realized I had no desire to sit through endless surgeries and other medical issues with the vague hopes that I’d eventually be rewarded with some quality revenge.

Misty: I started this with no real expectations except to kill time while I waited for other shows to start, but ooohhh, I love it. Everything feels so tightly put together—the script, cinematography, music, and, of course, the acting. Kim Nam-joo is such a class act, bringing a weighty realness to her character that could tip so easily into the overly melodramatic as her life falls apart, or too far into the woodenness of an ice queen. Before the first episode even ended, I was ride-or-die for Hye-ran, and I plan to be that way until the end.

Woohoo Waikiki: I can’t decide how I feel about this show yet because I’m still rewatching all the scenes with Park Sung-woong. The comedy sometimes feels a little too over-the-top and potentially more annoying than enjoyable, but manages to juuuuust pull back in order to let some of the humanity shine through. I do wish it felt more cohesive than a series of jokes strung together.

tineybeanie

Mother: It’s so good! I’m addicted. Lee Bo-young is fantastic as always. It’s like she’s Seo-young again except with mother (hur) issues, and Heo Yool is precocious beyond belief. The complex topics regarding domestic abuse, neglect, enabling by authorities, and etc. is fascinating to explore. And the psycho serial child-killing boyfriend is a compelling villain. I can’t wait to see more. I half-wish that I had waited until the series was over to begin it so I could have binge-watched it. But it’s no longer a possibility as I wait every week to see more of the fast-moving plot unfold.

mary

Woohoo Waikiki: This show will give you baby envy for days. Sol is so adorable and they’ve done a good job of catching her cute (or judgmental, but still cute) expressions every time our silly trio does something stupid. But regarding our heroes, does anyone else find it weird every time Tae-swoon blows up at his friends? I can’t help but think that he’s the maknae of the lot because of his last project, School 2017. Whenever his character throws a fit at Sohn Seung-won and Lee Yi-kyung I’m confused why they’d cower when they could just smack him in the head and be done with it.

Misty: This show is gorgeous. (I’m not saying that just because the first 3 episodes are R-19!) We start with our heroine at the top of a cutthroat industry, so you know there’s going to be a fall from grace really soon, but she’s so ruthless and smart about holding on to her throne that I’m not worried how she’ll get all of it back. I’m just here to watch all her enemies get their comeuppance. And also pick up some tips on how to be talented AND cunning while looking as fabulous as Kim Nam-joo.

Just Between Lovers: Me while watching Halmeo’s arc: “Help! It hurts! Someone get me out of this pain train!” Also me: *presses play on next episode*

TeriYaki

Black Knight: That ending…wasn’t what I expected or wanted and frankly, I’m shattered. It feels like the main character of the drama was Sharon after all, because her actions had a permanent effect on Su-ho and Hae-ra that changed everything. I think the writer could have been more thoughtful of the fans who dedicated twenty hours to a drama whose main draw was the eternal love of the OTP. While that love endured to the end, it wasn’t as satisfying as it could have been. In spite of my disappointment with the conclusion, I’m still mostly happy with the drama overall, mostly because of the performances by Kim Rae-won and Shin Se-kyung. Kim Rae-won’s performance was subtle and restrained, yet powerful. Shin Se-kyung was more subdued than she was in Bride of the Water God, even though she was still the perky half of our lead couple, and I thought her Hae-ra complemented Su-ho perfectly. I liked them together so much in the beginning and wish that the story hadn’t become so Sharon-centric. Sigh.

Radio Romance: I decided to check out this drama and I’m in for the long haul. I didn’t see any trailers or promotions ahead of time, so I was surprised by the couple at the heart of Radio Romance. I was expecting cute but was quickly drawn in by the traumatized Su-ho. What changed him from the smiling teenager of the past to the repressed adult who crosses paths again with Geu-rim? His wicked stepmother must be behind his transformation but seeing Geu-rim again has awakened something inside of Su-ho. I’m looking forward to his path to independence and self-determination with the plucky Geu-rim to inspire him.

Regals

Cross: I’ve been in a bit of a mini-slump so far this year but this drama is grabbing me in a big way. I’m really digging the whole messed-up pseudo-family dynamic between Go Kyung-pyo and Jo Jae-hyun, and their constant battling makes for an excellent vehicle for the complicated questions of morality they’re tackling. It’s maybe a little bit problematic that Go Kyung-pyo can apparently just openly attempt to murder people by giving them toxic drug combinations while at least two other doctors know what he is doing, but at least that just means we’re getting doused with even more tension. Because boy this drama is just dripping with intensity at every second. It’s fantastic. I hope they can keep it up.

Tags: , , , ,

I'm watching kimi wa petto 2017, this is the first time I see so many kissing scenes and skinship in jdrama. Whoa!

I lost my whole last weekend watching kimi wa petto because I couldn't stop. The skinship is really amazing in that show. I loved Sumeri-chan but mostly MoMo!! I want a pet like that in my life.
Very odd story - but it works! Someone recommended it here a few weeks ago and so I gave it a try.
Thanks to whoever first talked about it. Now I need to find more jdramas to watch.

Its based on manga and 1st version of Live Action has matsumoto jun as the pet. I stay away from skinship so didn't moved ahead 1st episode. Saw few bits here and there.

I totally went down that path. Last Cinderella was good too.

Once again I'm reacting to a comment on jdrama kisses lol
Are they real real kisses or dead fish kisses? Please specify 😏 and i really do hope it's not high school based *sigh

Lol @ dead fish kisses. I must say, yeahb the tyyyyype of kiss makes a difference

Oooh and where can i watch it aside viki?

Real kisses, that's why I was surprised. I know how bad jdrama's kisses are..lols. And it's not a high school drama. I watched from viki, probably you can try dramacools, ondramanice or maybe kissasian. Good luck.

It's not on kissasian.......:( the older version is... hasn't dramacools been blocked?

I've stopped watching dramas after Smart Prison Living ended. Nothing seems to grab my attention. I'm still waiting for Are You Human Too? to announce its release date because the teasers looked promising and I really like Seo Kang Joon and Gong Seung Yeon. Oh well, I guess I'll just focus on my schoolwork for now..

You're the 2nd person that's rec'd Smart Prison Living, so I'll have to give it a try. Like you, I'm not watching anything new, but decided to re watch Just Between Lovers cuz it was so good.
Guess I'll try (once again) Misty as the above like it, but it didn't grab me the first time.
Also watching my first Chinese drama: Nirvana in Fire 2. I'm somewhat surprised I like it (it's okay to mention non-Kdramas here, right?).

Wise Prison Life is the first drama ever in my life to be watched the second time. Never ever it happened before. And it doesn't have some ground breaking story, fast paced action. But it is all heart and humanity - where you could expect it the least.

Wow. That's why I liked Just Between Lovers, all heart and humanity. Very low key and melancholic and filled with small slices of daily life, but builds emotions slowly and you really care about every character. The cast emoted extremely well.

Binge-watching Prison Playbook on *N, glad I waited til all episodes are up. It is so good.
As for the current shows.
Misty
Return
Hwayugi
Woohoo Waikiki
Radio Romance
My Golden Life
Not really enjoying Radio Romance. I'm just watching it and I don't feel anything.
Woohoo Waikiki just had a fab first two episodes, hope they can keep it up. Lee Yi Kyung is killing it, he is just a riot. Well, hope they can keep it up.

I keep recommending Nirvana in Fire 1 and I still haven’t been expelled😬 I’m not as in love with NIF2, but it does rank above most Chinese dramas I’ve seen.

You're the 3rd person to rec'd NIF 1. I'm starting it next week once NIF 2 ends. My friend has already seen the ending but won't tell me what happens! I only started it because Liu Haoran looked so adorable, but my friend says he's not that great an actor. I wouldn't know as I don't speak Chinese, but give him a break, he only just turned 20!

Do you have any other recommendations of Chinese dramas?

NIF 1, eternal love (three lives ten miles peach blossom)

I tend to watch historical dramas in Chinese when I’m burned out by Korean dramas. Apart from NIF1 (a masterpiece), I enjoyed Princess Weiyoung (addicting), the original Scarlet Heart (time travel done right), and Prince of Lang Ling (fairy tale like).

For a modern one, I enjoyed Divorce Lawyers (yes, the Cdrama)...great acting and loads of fun.

@WishfulToki et al: I like the historical ones too. Tried a few modern Chinese but did not like them at all. I like romance as a side dish, not the main course. And I don't usually like fantasy (I didn't even like Goblin or Hwayugi). Is Peach blossom total romance or fantasy? That's why I didn't even try it. However, Lang Ling is on my watchlist. Very picky, huh! I do have Liu Hao Ran modern "With You" to watch...
Looking forward to finding Princess Weiyoung. Thanks for all the suggestions!

@linda, tmopb is romance n fantasy. I would totally recommend you to watch it. The first 10 eps only the beginning of the story, after that it's the real deal. I had sleep deprived watching this. I couldn't sleep for days, my mind kept wanting to watch nonstop this drama, but Im quite discipline when it comes to my schedule. My friend has problem watching this drama, because it's a fantasy, well.. just imagine you watch a drama about greek god and goddess but in chinese.. lol..

RE: Chinese dramas. My personal favorites: Sound of the Desert.
Ten miles of Peach Blossoms (2017 drama, not the movie version)
Ode to Joe season 1 and 2

Keep the fire burning!
It had a good amount of fans when it came out 2 yrs ago.

The ladies at Problematic were squee capping it :). That's how I heard of it and there were some good amount of discussions going on at the OT.

Ooh, thanks for the link!

This is what led me to Nirvana in Fire 2.

Agree on NiF. 1st couple of episodes can be a little confusing so I recommend the recaps mentioned below to fill in the gaps. This is one that if you rewatch you see even more details you missed 1st time around.

Modern cdramas I like that are crime/psychological thrillers - love me if you dare and when a snail falls in love. Quirky names but great police/detective dramas.

Thanks. I did read recaps of NIF 1st episode and am halfway thru it. But I think it really helped to watch NIF 2 first because I'm familiar with all of the places. Knowing who the main actors are helps too.
I've tried most of the above mentioned dramas and have settled on NIF and Lost Love in Times (I like the pacing and the actors) for now. It's total fantasy so I'm surprised I like it.

I am currently watching:
High kick 3: this show is hilarious and soo funny...
Mother: I love it with each episode but it's really hard and sad..it is such a tear jeker drama
I need romance 3: rewatching it but I understand it better than the first time I watched it.
What you all beanies watching? And wishing you guys happy weekend..

Just Between Lovers: got two episodes of this left and I keep putting it off because of the eminent heart ache from the plot and the fact that it'll be over after I watch it. I'm not ready to say goodbye to my puppy couple yet!
Radio Romance: Yoon Doojoon does so much acting with just his eyes in this, I can't help but be mesmerized. Heard the KBS writers were all fighting to cast him, I get now why.
Good Morning Call- Our Campus Days: second season of this and the leads are still frustrating. But just like the first season, I can't stop watching. Must be the charm of watching Uehara and Nao painfully negate their awkward relationship.
The Unit (survival idol program): I just loved this whole show (dare I say even more than Produce?) Instead of the evil editing and unnecessary drama, the show did well sticking with the theme and making me cheer for almost all the contestants. The final lineups were a bit strange but since Euijin made it, I'm good. More people need to know about this talented guy.

And the weekend's already over so here's hoping you had a good weekend :)

Completely agree with @girlfriday 's take on Radio Romance. Spot on.

As for Woohoo Waikiki, the plot is still all over the place, but the comedy gets better. The second episode's jokes were hilarious. Let's all take a moment to appreciate the wolverine guy and the alien meeting on the bus. You have to watch it to get it.

After reading how many people were enjoying Woohoo Waikiki, I sat down last night and watched the first two episodes. However, the plot being "all over the place" was a dealbreaker for me. It's also not my style of humour. So I'm still looking for an INAR replacement. I still have Mother, Misty, Return and Radio Romance to try. But two of those sound very heavy and the other two aren't getting great reviews.

I had the same reaction to Woohoo, and also loved INAR, and also feel Misty and Mother might be too heavy for me since the only reason I watch kdramas is for the romance (most American/UK shows satisfy in other areas and I'd rather watch in English all else being equal). Anyway, if we have similar taste you might enjoy Radio Romance. Not as funny as INAR and the premise isn't as interesting, nor is main male so endearing, but I like main female lead a lot and can see this being a good romance. I'm a bit of a sucker for romances where the main male lead is head over heels despite himself whereas the main female doesn't clue in at all. Jane Austen did it first with Pride and Prejudice and as far as I'm concerned it could be recycled a hundred more times in shows/books I watch/read before boring me. I wonder what that says about me...

Agreed... But I'm still looking for my INAR replacement and it'll have to do for now... Radio Romance does not fill it yet and Hwayugi is getting angsty (I have yet to watch today's episode though). I'm also not in the mood for anything heavy (I read the recap for Mother and, oh boy, without watching it I thought it was tough).

After the Big debacle, I swore to never watch a Hong Sisters fiasco again. So I haven't started Korean Odyssey. I may watch it once I get a sense of what the final episode is like. But I have never watched a Hong Sisters show where they didn't get to about episode 13 or 14 and just pretend their central conflict doesn't exist.

I finished Nameless Woman which was a fun ride, but a lackluster ending. Maybe I'm a bitch but I don't want the bad people to change their ways. I want them to stay the same and get punished for it.

I just finished ep 12 of Hwayugi. I put it off because I knew things would get bad with Buja and I wasn't ready for it. Ditch the priestess! I want our zombie back!

Radio Romance is sucking me in even though Su Ho pisses me off constantly. Then he gets all swoony and I'm back on board.

Woohoo Waikiki is fun, though I've only watched the first episode.

And I'm watching the TW-drama My Dear Boy because I need a noona romance and these two are so cute.

OH! And the Thai SOTUS S the Series. But Arthit is making me mad because he doesn't want people to know that he and Kong are dating even though they've been together a while now.

How are the characters in My Dear Boy like? I checked out some of the previews and it seems like an alpha female/ beta male sort of pairing.

Am asking because I realised it's by the scriptwriter of In Time With You, and I loved the leads there because they weren't the characters types often featured in Taiwanese dramas. So I was wondering if there's more depth to them than what I saw in the previews!

I think there is. I've only watched the first 5 episodes, but while he's a beta male, I love seeing them become friends. He's become very protective of her even though it hasn't been asked of him.

Thank you! I shall wait for all of the episodes to finish broadcasting to check the show out (I can't believe they're releasing only one episode a week, or maybe Kdrama scheduling has spoiled me 😶)

Ooh, someone mentioned My Dear Boy. I'm following that drama on/off because I couldn't be bothered watching her ex, I skippped his scene. I love the side-plot of hero's mother having middle-age/ marriage crisis, many times we overlooked our parents/ spouse once we can take care of ourselves. I think at one point, parents do sometimes questioned their self-worth.

And oh, the OP and ED song for this drama are so good.

i love dramas like that!, so um if you please where can i watch this cute drama

Viki has it!

thank you i'm gonna find it on viki.
sorry for the late reply i usually check drama beans at work so i forget to log in sometimes.
i logged in today to find 6 notifications lol.

I'm really loving Woohoo Waikiki. It's the first kdrama I've watched that truly feels like a sitcom, and I must say it's pulling off the genre with aplomb. I hope they keep the jokes coming and never take themselves seriously - a flaw I've noticed in many a k-drama branding themselves as "comedy." The best American sitcoms I've watched mined humor even in their saddest moments (for example, Parks and Rec), and I hope this show does the same.

Those are my exact thoughts about Waikiki as well! I actually love that it just goes all-in with the comedy and it gives me great sitcom vibes. Any show that doesn't take itself seriously gets a thumbs-up from me. That's what I loved about Shopping King Louis, too. It never really took itself too seriously even when it got into "serious" territory.

And yes, high-five to Parks and Rec, my favorite TV show of all time!

There were definitely moments when I was watching the Waikiki boys sitting in their living room I thought to myself that this feels like an American sitcom (in a good way)!

Parks and Rec is one of my all-time sitcoms too! My cell ring tone for a couple years was the intro to its theme song and my dog still reacts to it when he hears it on TV. Another great recent sitcom I love which deals with dark theme but the comedy is just pure gold is Netflix' Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

I love Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt! I still haven't finished season 3 but it's awesome. I'm just drawn to the completely ridiculous, I suppose.

Two of my all-time favorites are Parks and Rec and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, both of which were co-created by Michael Schur and Greg Daniels. I think their style of humor appeals to me because I'm now loving Schur's The Good Place as well.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is a hoot. She's had such a traumatic past but she's so peppy and bright, she lifts up my mood whenever I rewatch the series.

Sitcoms make me happy, which is why I love them. Now I'm happy to add Waikiki to my constant replay list of sitcoms.

I love Brooklyn Nine Nine too! But my favorite sitcom might still be 30 Rock. Tina Fey is my hero.

Ever since I started watching Korean dramas a little over a year ago I have been out of the loop television from anywhere else. I have to check out The Good Place perhaps during my next K-drama slump 😅

@kimbapnoona Yessss, 30 Rock is great as well!

The Good Place is awesome. I haven’t seen any of this season but I binged the first one night a few months ago and all I will say is: do not look up anything about the show. Avoid spoilers as much as you can! I know that sounds odd for a sitcom but trust me!

I feel you about being out of the loop when it comes to American TV. The only show I really keep up with is Jane the Virgin.

The Good Place is fantastic. I hadn't watched an english-language show for a while because I was so tired of the superhero genre. I did watch Stranger Things and the End of the Fucking End and they were both really great. Not sitcoms obviously. But I love the Good Place. One thing you'll notice about all these shows is that they're just so damn clever.

@ChinguMode - (great username btw) I just had to speak up to second the love to Stranger Things and The End of the Fucking World, they're both fantastic and I can't wait for ST3 and TEotFW2 already.

They also have one thing I gained a renewed appreciation for after years of being a kdrama fan.... a fantastic cast.

I've found my people! I'm so picky about sitcoms, but I love Parks and Rec, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Good Place. Schur's style definitely appeals to me.

I've been sick these past few days and I've been having episodes of The Good Place and Brooklyn 99 play around the clock.

Parks and Rec is one of my favourite shows ever. I was almost tempted to include Ben and Leslie in my OTP partnership list, even though it's not kdrama.

Brooklyn Nine Nine and Kimmy Schmidt are also really great.

I always mention Parks and rec's Andy and April when describing my otp type. Strong women and someone who adores everything about them.
when it comes to american TV nothing beats Community for me. First show I had to watch completely without subs! It pretty much taught me English lol

Ben/Leslie and April/Andy are two of my top OTPs, as is Jake/Amy from B99.

@vivanesca Community is awesome! The main cast were very flawed people who just worked so well together as a group. The show didn't feel the same without Pierce and (especially) Troy. I'm still waiting for #andamovie.

Mother is the best drama at the moment. From the plot, acting, directing to writing, all are great. Probably the first best drama of this year.

Misty is following next. It's like kind of drama you expected for the coming back for a veteran like Kim Nam-joo after many years.

Waikiki -the comedy feel over the top but it is sitcom anyway. The casts look like they have tons of fun doing this drama, so it made viewers have fun too. Something that I want to watch now. Besides they are all riot.

Money Flower - ugh I still need to watch the last two epi! Sorry oppa for the delay!

Hwayugi - I'm wondering when Sun-mi will start wear colors in her clothes.

Black Knight : I dropped this drama but still watched some clips. A weak drama. But why Su-ho became immortal? What sins he commited? I agree with the most upvoted comment at Naver that Sharon is the real Black Knight in this drama and I'm not complaining LOL.

Dropped Return Even with the departure of Go Hyun-jung, I still love other casts. But with all the drama, and the drama itself is not so quality, it is a turn off to continue. I feel like the writing is decent, but this PD is the one doing a mediocre job. These casts deserve better.

Try Misty to replace Return. First episdoe is pretty good.

I enjoyed the first episode of Misty a lot, but then I didn't watch the second because I couldn't understand how a competent top news anchor wouldn't know what Kevin Lee looks like especially after reviewing footage of him. The face of the Korean golfer who won the PGA would have been plastered everywhere in the country, especially in the media.

Do I have to suspend my disbelief or would this be explained?

LOL. I understand. I thought the same thing, “She just now figures out who this guy is ? “ In addition, he married a childhood friend of hers ? Off to watch Ep2

Then your missing a lot. I think they didnt know kevin lee because from episode evryone from news agency was battling for a scoop regarding kevin lee.

They’ve been highlighting that immortality means punishment. Then they suddenly changed it that the power of Bonyi’s prayer that protects and makes him immortal. So much inconsistency. They made him immortal and ended up alone. Is he being punished for holding another woman (Boonyi) in his heart while being married to Seorin/Sharon?

After premiere, I initially dropped Mother because it was too heavy and the topic is a little too sensitive. Then of course curiosity got the better of me and it would be a waste not watching a good drama from a good team and LBY. I watched til episode 6 and now I am emotionally drained. LOL. But it is all worth it! The story, characters, and people they met, very well written.

Hahaha. Right? This show wasted too much time just for that ending. I was like why did he become immortal suddenly. I think initially they wanted to follow Goblin's ending but maybe then it will be to similar. This drama simply has no progress in the plot, everyone is so consistent from the beginning. The only thing that ended nicely was the ill-fated relationship between them and Sharon.

The immortal’s lover-reincarnated-too-many-times would have sufficed. Love that transcends time. But they decided to troll their viewers. I was laughing maniacally with that ending. LOL.

Hey I don't really want to finish this but I want to know how it ends. I was wondering if someone could tell me why the ending was so awful (apart from the show already being awful). What happened? Please send me spoilers!

Anything below this is about the Black Knight ending. If you don’t want to know, please skip.

@katasu1996

Baekhee was killed by Sharon.

Sharon perished for good because apparently her immortality ends if Suho and Boonyi are together.

Suho became immortal because Boonyi’s prayer was that he won’t get hurt or something. Not related to immortality=punishment at all.

The couple decided not to have children and just enjoy this life together by themselves.

Hyera became manager, did not go to Rome. Her older female coworker became chief director, and previous chief director opened a chicken shop to compete with Bokjoo appa’s business. LOL.

Suho got his license to practice medicine so they could flee to the countryside and live quietly away from the people they know who started to notice that Suho hasn’t aged at all.

Aging Hyera got mistaken for Suho’s older sister, for which he immediately corrected that she is his wife, good for him. Hyera found a page from Baekhee’s notebook that says Suho’s condition will end if he gets separated from the maker of that prayer. So, of course Hyera tried to leave but Suho stopped her. It got resolved within 20 seconds so no sacrificing idiot, cool right? LOL.

From this point, you will only see head-and-back-only-view of white-haired Hyera because makeup, prosthetics, and CGI are too expensive and they don’t want to tarnish the ethereal beauty of a young Hyera. LOL.

She’s now old and frail. They went to visit their castle in Slovenia. She died of old age there while leaning against Suho’s chest and facing a million-dollar view of a lake for which the production team spent so much money to scout.

In short, Suho ended up alone to live an immortal life. The end. I, thank you. Bow.

I am watching Misty and I have only one question: how on earth can be a woman so incredibly beautiful? I get the make up part, but make up isn't enough to create such a perfect masterpiece. Kim Nam-Joo leaves me breathless in any and every frame she appears. I am awe struck.
Now that I finished (for now) with Kim Nam-Joo, the whole package is great: writing (yes, excepting the super genius golf player who knows how to keep his face hidden all the time from every camera angle so that Hye Ran to be shocked when she meets him first - but all the rest has been nicely built up until now), nice directing, great actors from end to end that build believable characters, no matter how big or small are in the story, nice costumes (well wardrobe), gorgeous locations... Well, maybe I am just like that, easy to please.

Ah, Radio Romance... just like with CIIT I ship the male protagonist character with some serious psychotherapy (I was the only one pleased with the ending, ha!) and just want the female protagonist to date me instead. It let me down in e4 after finally somewhat warming me up somewhat through Geu-rim's adorable pep-talk. Eh.
Mother spent half of its budget on that bird. This week was a ride and I love this show more and more. So many women!!! With flaws!!! Who aren't demonized!!! I thought having more than one per drama was illegal in Korea!
Princess Jellyfish reminded me why I stay away from japanese productions. Such cringy acting...
Waikiki was a bit hit and miss but I love them all already. I'm projecting my love for Riel on The Ex so you can already guess I'm not rooting for the obvious endgame pairing lol

oh my god I actually forgot about Remember 😂😂😂 I should write smth about YSH being stupidly hot in it but I'm laughing too hard! my feelings about this show in a nutshell

I highly recommend the Japanese version of Mother, after seeing a few eps of the Korean version it's just cut and paste from the original and then some extra plots like the murderous bf that did not exist in the original. The original is more about them both healing each other and becoming like real mother and child. The writer Sakamoto Yuji, his works are great so I really recommend them. (saikou no rikon, quartet etc)

Kuragehime, the movie is better as they have better actors with Suda Masaki and Nounen Rena. Jdorama are different then kdramas, unfortunately in the recent years more idols are getting leading roles in Japan too or it girls like Hirose Suzu are everywhere.

Yep, I agree Kuragehime movie is better.

oh man that actually sounds perfect. the quiet moments between Soo-jn and Hye-na are my absolute favorite and the bofriend is the only aspect of the show I dislike (exactly how many children can you murder without anyone finding out? it makes him look unrealistic. I was a lot more scared of him with just that one kid on his, uh, hitlist.)
I'll check it out! I generally only watch japanese adaptations of mangas so I don't expect high art but Jellyfish made me cringe really hard.

I said the same at first. There are too many not to be noticeable. But I think it may be possible if the women were on different circumscriptions and they declared the crimes as accidents. There was no trigger to put them together and if the mother declared that it was accidental, why would you think something else if there were no other marks on the babies' bodies (and this is a bit hard to swallow, though, because the guy is an abuser now). However this made me shiver. What kind of mental power can one have to make a woman accept her baby to be killed without reacting? I find it so hard to accept, as much as I want to be an open minded person and not to judge.

Just to add on to the Sakamoto Yuuji comment!! He wrote Soredemo, Ikite Yuku - which is what I fondly refer to as the perfect J-drama. It's gorgeous and well-written and beautifully-acted, and I would recommend it 10/10. You might not love the first episode but give it 2-3 episodes to sink in :))

I beg to differ. I think the Korean drama has the basis from the Japanese original, but it is a different animal. I think the Korean version explores deeper the theme of motherhood and it changed the plot quite a bit, not only by adding the psychopath serial killer, but also the good doctor. I was really impressed by how many ”mothers” the Korean version has and in how many ways a woman can be a mother, giving birth or not. Plus the Japanese version focuses more on the pseudo mother-daughter couple and the mother's family, whereas the Korean world is far more populated by diverse characters. I hardly call it copy and paste. Because this is a remake, I think the Korean version had to keep the main lines, but it holds its own ground. Both of them are special, each on it's own merits.

Hi Beanies! Since my drama watching has been slowing down, I’ve been getting entertained a lot by variety. I love a good laugh! Here’s what I watched this week:
*Running Man: This Sunday’s episode was so hilarious. I’m used to the members doing wacky stuff, so it’s doubly funny when actors and actresses shed their image a little. Competitiveness can bring out another side of us, huh?!😂
*I Live Alone: I’m the oldest in my family, so I have no idea what it’s like to have an older sibling. Henry was so nice to his sister and it’s probably because they haven’t spend a lot of time together. I get along with my brother and sister, but I’m sure they see me as the annoying, nagging, wannabe second mother. What really surprised me was the comprehensive health tests they have in Korea. The checkups I’ve had are not even 1/4th of what they did to Lee Si Eon. I’m pretty sure I had to go for various years to my GI before they finally allowed me to have an endoscopy. Instead of a Kbeauty tour, I want to go on a Khealth tour!
*Knowing Brothers: The first half was so funny and hectic, but that's what happens when you get a well known and talkative guest😂
*Night Goblin: Kim Ji Won was such a lovely guest and these two episodes had me laughing lot. Why is Jong-hyun always on the floor?! Lol.
I watched a lot variety, but of course I managed to watch some dramas.
*Erased: I saw the anime because my cousin recommended it to me and I really liked it so I wanted to give the live version a shot even though I knew the end result. I still really enjoyed it and was happy that they did change it up a bit towards the end.
*Twenty Again: My mom sadly sprained her foot and to entertain her, we finally got around to watching another drama together (on the big screen because we got a Fire stick, yay!). She seemed to really enjoy it which is always great. I personally think it is one of the better college dramas out there. The struggle to get the class you want is real!

Talking about a quality revenge drama, Money Flower is a drama that continually delivers shocking endings that makes me feel like hanging off a cliff each week. I didn’t feel like I needed my anti-hero to endure this much suffering in the end (love unfulfilled, prison served, psycho stabbed, self-exiled) but the show overall satisfied my chaebol melodrama craving I didn’t know I had.

Woohoo Waikiki: I came for Sohn Seung-won but will be staying for Lee Yi-kyung. Sung-min will forever be my tsundere crush (he was my DB profile pic for months for god sake), but what can I say, this girl has a shameless weakness for the class clown.

Radio Romance: What’s with the 2007 frequency, Su-ho? For the cute I can ignore a lot of bad. But dude, stop manhandling the object of your affection like she is an actual object! Last warning, or I will be tuning out.

Hwayugi: Why do I keep wishing that zombie is the female lead and actually wishing to see a hilarious love triangle between a monkey, a zombie, and a pig? And what happens when they walk into a bar especially when monkey cannot drink?

I am also squinting and side-eyeing Radio Romance for the Suho characterization. So old school and so much cliche. But then I realized these were the type of dramas we used to really like and watched in the past. Maybe they just wanna bring the old school back? Hopefully not, show. Or is it too late to beg? LOL.

Because its revenge. You do things, You pay price. No matter how much unfair it looks. Its just that others got more lucky and moved ahead with better deals provided by this human society.
Fairness is always in minority in this fast-paced crucel human world.

I felt let down by the ending in Money Flower...writers could have given us a little more hope. Altogether, it was a really good drama, though, with excellent acting. Just felt everything was left dangling at the end.

any decent korean drama websites? everytime i try to watch Cross on myasiantv, it will randomly pause after one minute of watching.

dramacools. io , viki, dramafever, kissasian, ondramanice .io .

Try dramanice. I sometimes go there because they post early.

Dramafever, Viki, Kocowa, On Demand Korea- these have the best video quality (especially the first three)
You can also try Dramacool, Dramanice, Kissasian

Ah, let's see. What am I watching? Answer: too much. Always too much.

Mother: Simply the best of the bunch for me. It's no contest. Writing, directing, acting, this show has no weak points whatsoever. It stuns me week by week with its complex, intriguing characters and haunting atmosphere. Lee Bo-young knocks it out of the park in every scene. It's just SO GOOD. I tune in every week knowing that it'll be great. Isn't that the drama fan dream?

Radio Romance: I'm done. Sorry, show. Or, well... sorry, Kim So-hyun/Geu-rim. I really wanted to like this one for her but I just can't. I've talked about it a lot already so I won't repeat myself here.

Woohoo Waikiki: Absolutely ridiculous in all of the best ways. I totally dig it. I'm usually not into this type of humor but something about it is drawing me in. Is it Lee Yi-kyung? Is it Go Won-hee? Is it the most adorable baby on the planet? I think it's all 3--and more! Keep on doing what you're doing, Waikiki. You're a great balance to Mother for me.

Go Back Spouses: I finished this one several days ago and oh my gosh. I loved it. So much! From start to finish I basically had no complaints, and that is rare. I think it's the first time that's ever happened to me, actually. What a beautiful, heartwarming little show. Not much else to say about it, although I did make a pretty lengthy post about it on my fan wall. I just loved it!

Chicago Typewriter: I just started this one and I'm currently on episode 5. I'm liking it well enough to keep with it, but I keep wanting MORE. More of what? I'm not sure, exactly. More of everything. Just more. I have a feeling I haven't gotten to the good stuff yet, though, so fingers crossed it picks up in the next couple of episodes! This director is awesome, though. The same one as Mother. I think this is the first time I'm becoming a fan of a director.

In my fantasy Lee Bo-young takes Hye-na to the Waikiki Guesthouse for an extended stay. Hye-na gets to be an awesome unni for Baby Sol and hangs out with the samchoons watching My Golden Life, or Sponge Bob.

I 100% approve of this fantasy.

And now that you mention it, I bet the Waikiki characters watch Spongebob every day when they’re not watching makjang dramas.

I am talking myself into not dropping Radio Romance. Like give them the benefit of the doubt, you used to watch these types of dramas back in the early 2000s, let’s test your endurance and patience, you like YDJ and KSY, this is your sacrifice to the drama gods so writers would keep evolving, her frizzy hair is cute (not really, hair is too much, she had straight hair in the past during the party and her teenage years, why is she sporting those untamed curls now? I am not saying straight hair means beauty nor curly hair ugly. It just doesn’t make sense. Curly messy hair means she’s having a hard time at work? Then they’ll give her a makeover layer on by straightening her hair). Blah blah blah. Now I’ve talked too much about the show again. LOL.

LOL. I also wonder about her curly hair! Did she get a perm? Maybe?

If people start saying Radio Romance becomes AMAZINGGGGG then I might pick it up again but for now I just can’t deal with it and life is too short to stick with dramas you’re not enjoying!

I’ve got your back, @mindy, and watching RADIO ROMANCE to the bittersweet end, I’m sure. For now, staring into Doo-joon’s eyes is enough for me. 😝

I'll be with you right there! And for the same (superficial?) reasons.. Add his hair and cheekbones with them eyes though ;)

Plot? What plot? 😂

Yup, me too. Something about his voice gets me too....

Same girl same the drama needs to get better so i can recommend it to my sisters ( who are not doojoon fans * the horror*) but doo joon's voice face eyes everything are keeping me from leaving it.

CHICAGO TYPEWRITER: Finish it, rather SAVOR it one episode after another.
I first watched 2 episodes of it during its regular run then dropped it because I felt it was the kind of drama that must be given full attention.
I resumed it recently, watching 3-4 episodes at a time and got fully rewarded.
Itis one of the BEST dramas I’ve seen of late. writing, directing, production design, cinematography and most of all acting —contributed to a seamlessly executed drama that won’t be forgotten in a long time 😎

Hi Mindy... In go back couple I had the second lead syndrome, so I was not very happy she staying with Bang do, but I understood, it was good for the baby. And Bang do improved a little. Now, what I really loved in that show, like crazy, was the mother-daughter relationship and I cried rivers when her mom told her to come back to her son. Wow... it was like, wow kim min kyung! You are the best mom ever!
Now, in Chicago, well... yes, you wait a couple of episodes more and you will see. Chicago is a slow drama, somehow... But slowly without realising it, you end up loving it. The music is absolutely beautiful, I still listen to the ost.
If you are like I feel you are, you will enjoy CT a lot, and if not, most of it.
It is still a little bit of s freak show, but it is very good, and yes... the directing, cinematography and music are the best. Didn't know it was the same director of Mother, but it makes sense.

No way! I liked Nam-gil but never got second-lead syndrome. It was clear to me from the beginning that Nam-gil had mommy issues and that’s why he liked Jin-joo, lol. Cute and sad but kinda weird. I freakin’ loved Ban-do, especially by the end. I want my own Ban-do! Totally agree about the mother-daughter relationship. Definitely a highlight.

I’m definitely continuing with Chicago Typewriter! I’ll let you know what I think of it. 😊

I love how much you love Go Back Spouses. (Is that even a sentence?) Anyway, that drama completely stole my heart from the get go, so I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one. ☺

I just really liked that it was a simple story about two people who fell out of love learning to love again. It was the perfect length at 12 episodes, too.

oh my gosh you haven't seen CT before????? oh trust me, it gets a lot better. I was sceptical and bored and didn't find the lead actors attractive and then suddenly it became my top drama and YAI's face is plastered all over my walls. enjoy it.
Go Back Spouses was the definition of lukewarm for me and the only element that made me feel something was the relationship with the mother. I cried Ghibli tears.

I’m looking forward to getting to the good stuff! I already love Go Kyung-pyo but I’m mostly unfamiliar with Yoo Ah-in and hadn’t even heard of Im Soo-jung before.

Yoo Ah-in’s wig in the 1930s gives me life, though.

I never knew Yoo Ah in before and I didn't think he was that special at the beginning of CT. Plus, hello, he was kind of a jerk or at least a guy with no friends and resentment toward those who betrayed him, but by the end of the show, even though I was still in love with GKP, Yoon Ahin was like in all my dreams and I found him absolutely gorgeous and a wonderful actor. Now I will try to catch up with his dramas from before.
In regard to Go back couple and Bando... well, I was also not that unhappy with him. It is just that Nam-gil treated her better. But anyways, OTP is OTP. 😂

Tip: do yourself a favor and skip Fashion King as you catch up on Yoo Ah-in.

Bad, so bad.

imo you should just skip his dramas altogether (maybe not flying dragons if you're into sageuk) but he was in some really good movies you won't be ashamed of putting on your imdb. he's amazingly swoony on running man so don't watch that if you generally enjoy being sane.

@vivanesca Apparently I don’t like being sane because I immediately am putting his Running Man appearances on my list, thanks

I mean if you think you can handle YAI's visual peak drama experience deluxe AND seeing how funny, intelligent and handsome-even-especially-when-wet he is then by all means go ahead
and then ask other gods to finish my stupid thesis for me

Appreciate the heads up about Running Man. Sanity fled long ago so I'm sure YAI's visuals (especially when wet) will do no more harm. Confirmation of intelligence and humor always ramps up visual effects though, so I will have to do a close study.

My first exposure to YAI was Secret Love Affair. Swoony! It isn't my usual pick, since I try to stay away from infidelity but his acting was so good and I just devoured that drama.

YAI is amaaaaaazing in secret love affair and sungkyun scandal
I only watched him in these 2 and loved him

@girlfriday 's opinion on Radio Romance is one I echo. Damn k-drama heroes.
I'm looking for a movie or light-hearted drama to binge over the weekend (while ignoring my ever-growing pile of homework). Any recommendations Beanies?

Have you watched anything by Playlist Studio? They do mostly great web dramas.

I recommend Love Playlist (S1 and 2)—follows the relationships of a bunch of friends in college—and Seventeen—similar focus but in a high school setting. They're available with subs here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWh7Y7qan9WNxXOucn15O3A (Stay away from Yellow, I don't know why they made something so cheesy with bad acting).

Otherwise, there are shorter dramas like Lingerie Girls Generation (8 eps) and Longing Heart (10 eps) you can try out too.

Thank you! I haven't watched anything from them, but I'll be sure to check them out.

Go Ho's Starry Night- it's a cute mini drama

Also 1% of Something (2016) with Ha Suk Jin and Jun So Min

Thank you! I haven't watched Go Ho's Starry Night, but I actually did start 1% of Something. I never finished it though, because I got tired of Ha Suk Jin's character pretty quick.

I liked the Package from late 2017 which didn't get as much attention as I expected given that Lee Yeon Hee and Jung Yong Hwa (and others you will recognize) were in it. It was light, but sweet with humor. Reminded me a bit of Maeve Binchy's books.

I actually considered watching that when it was airing, but decided not to. I personally like both main leads as second leads, so that's why I never picked it up. But I might change my mind in the future.

Is Javabeans okay? She has been missing lately save for one article from two days ago.

This makes 2 weeks in a row when she hasn't admitted to watching anything.

At least this week we had more other Team-Beanies watching things. Last week was scary.

What happened to HeadsNo2 and Gummimochi ? Alas, they have disappeared from the site. Sad, as I enjoyed their recaps over the years.

Missing everyone especially Heads whom I have similar taste with in dramas.
She would've recap "Mother" and other heavier shows.

Come back girl!

i think gummimochi would have done JBL recaps, since i remember her fondly for her Full Sun insights...

I love Misty and Woohoo Waikiki. JTBC is killing it.

"if you have a low cringe threshold, fair warning"

That is me! Thanks for the warning!

>>Black Knight: That ending…wasn’t what I expected or wanted and frankly, I’m shattered... I think the writer could have been more thoughtful of the fans who dedicated twenty hours to a drama whose main draw was the eternal love of the OTP. While that love endured to the end, it wasn’t as satisfying as it could have been. In spite of my disappointment with the conclusion, I’m still mostly happy with the drama overall, mostly because of the performances by Kim Rae-won and Shin Se-kyung.

I think so, too, Teriyaki. BLACK KNIGHT would have been most satisfying had the writer NOT ended the drama that way. It left me with a melancholy feeling that is difficult to shake off day after it ended its run.
On the plus side, the drama made me put Slovenia on the list of places I MUST visit.
In spite of that, however, Black Knight will remain as one of my favorite K-dramas, among others KRW has starred in. 😎

Few episodes in, I already had little expectations of Black Knight. Even skipped too much because I’ve really lost interest. I feel bad for those who truly loved and followed it, but were left devastated and disappointed by the ending.

You know what, I was actually surprised by how much I liked the ending for Black Knight. It was quiet and calm (unlike how all over the place the whole show was). Maybe because I wasn't invested in anyone in the show or the show itself. I actually felt touched by the ending. Seeing Suho walking alone into the wilderness (?) actually gave me more feels than the entire drama.

Bride of the Water God remains the only performance of SSK that I love. She does not do subtle well. She is best when over the top and comical. After this drama (and Blade Man and 6 Flying Dragons), I finally understand the vitriol towards her.

What can I say about KRW? I do not understand the attraction. I really do not.

just a possibility where boonyi will reincarnate again would be nice..but nope. so sohoo will be immortal and alone. why should he, of all the characters, deserve this fate ? i demand refund.

I think Suho's immortality would mean he'll live on to remember forever his love for Haera, who'll reincarnate and for Suho to recognize and love her again, and again, and again..

Actually, I am okay with this ending. Really have no expectation at all halfway into the show.

Me, I am watching the best show out there right now: Mother. And man, I am crying like a child without it. But I cannot stop. The only thing: I can only watch one episode and then two days later the other one, and so every week. I don't think I could binge this show. It is really too strong and heavy and it breaks me every time.
Counterpart: I am also watching Waikiki, in order to survive to Mother. Waikiki go go... It makes me laugh a lot. Isn't it amazing?
Middlepoint: rewatching Just Between Lovers. Slow.... slow like two or three scenes every once in a while. Just savouring the taste. JBL feels like a good glass of wine you can only drink slowly while spending a good time with your dear friends. And it feels good.

That is all for my week. Happy weekend for all of you!

VERY very true about Just Between Lovers and taking it slowly as it grows on you 🙂
MOTHER is heavy drama but you can’t stop watching it for the terrific performance of Lee Bo-young, as always and Heo Yool. It is also well written and directed.

Sounds like a good balanced diet! A bit of sweet silliness balanced with umami and bitter, bitter tears.

Back in the slump.

Tried Woohoo Waikiki but not really into it. The plots are over the place and the slapstic humor is a bit over the top for me, but will watch 3-4 to decide whether to keep or skip. Hope they tone it down and have more hearts in it. Or perhaps I need something warm, and not crazy at the moment.

Cant wait for Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food. It’s the only show I’m looking forward to right now.

I guess we're among the few to feel this way about Woohoo Waikiki. Granted, I've only seen the first 15 mins of ep 1, but it's not hitting the right notes for me. The humour is over the top, and where's the careful set-up characteristic of most Korean dramas?

Maybe I was expecting more from the show that it could have wacky comedy without sacrificing the maturity of the adults. I mean, there are ways to make humour out of innocent young adults who are going through life, but the way they are portrayed in the show rubs me off the wrong way. I’ve watched 1 & 2 and while I feel Lee Yi Kyung shines here (says someone who LOVED Lee Jung Hyun in School 2017), I still wish the show would have more contemplative/ retrospective sides to the characters.

Fair enough. In contrast to you, after the contemplative tone of BTIOFL and JBL I am ready for some laugh-out-lol funny and absurd situations. My only fear is that Waikiki doesn’t turn into a typical angsty rom-com halfway through, like The Best Hit

Eeks The Best Hit had so much potential but the story just went into midly icky territory. No, no - I sincerely hope no other show goes there.

I agree with you! Waikiki is exactly what I need right now. Laughing 'til I cry on Mondays and Tuesdays with Waikiki and sobbing beautiful tears on Wednesdays and Thursdays with Mother! I'm hoping it keeps this tone throughout its run. When I'm in the mood for a comedy, I tend to be very forgiving. As long as it's making me laugh then I'm pleased!

But of course it's not everyone's brand of humor. There are many comedies, whether they be kdramas or American sitcoms, that people love and I just don't find funny. This one's working for me, though. :) And I don't need or really want it to be anything other than hilarious, to be completely honest!

LOL I LOVED The Best Hit and its brand of wacky comedy before it turns all confusing and angsty and I’ve checked out mentally half way through the show.

"wacky comedy without sacrificing the maturity of the adults" - precisely. It's slapstick as you say, and a brand of humour with overexaggerated reactions that seems almost forced to me. *sighs* Despite the cute baby.

Also, I haven't seen as much as you, but am generally of a similar view from the opening scenes.

The baby is SO adorable!

Agree on the exaggerated expressions and reactions that feel forced. I also feel like the jokes are being forced on me, and that I have to laugh. It’s funny, but not the laugh-out-loud kind of comedy to me.

But that being said, I found Lee Yi Kyung to be so good at this, and I mostly laugh during his scenes.

Also yes, *high fives* Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food is the show I'm most excited about. ^^

I'm finally back after almost 3 weeks away from both kdramaland and DB. I miss you all, beanies. I have to play catch up this week, so this is mostly about how the last drama cycle wrapped up its run. (Though I did managed to check out the first 2 eps of Woohoo Waikiki and found it sweet and laugh-out-loud funny, which is promising.)

Smart Prison Living: This is one of those rare dramas that left me thinking and worrying about the characters like they are real person everytime I finished watching an eps. I kept catching myself asking about Kaist and Dr. Go's fate, about how Min-cheol and Janbaljang living their free life nowadays, getting curious about our trio officers's newest adventure, whether Je-hyuk meeting his cellmates other than Bobja, rooting for Capt. Yoo who is now all alone in their shared cell, and of course worrying about Han-yang who has broken my heart. Some of the ending might felt bitter and unresolved, but at the same time it also felt true to its slice-of-life feels. In the end, I can only say that I'm very satisfied with it. They all felt like old friends that I have to send off to their respective future. And I'm more than happy that I got to know them well these past 8 weeks.

Just Between Lovers: Coming from a different drama, I'll probably end up hating that miraculous ending for our leads. But they've been through so much and they always tried to do their hardest to overcome whatever kind of obstacles life throw at them. And rather than a cheap move to get a HEA from the writer part, it felt more like the universe being sympathetic of their plight and decided to give one more chance for them to be happy. And I love how happiness here came in many different forms and what all these characters need to do is fully recognizing it. Whether it means an amicable separation, or letting go of hurtful past, or accepting that the nature of your relationship with one another can change and that doesn't mean you failed at it, or simply acknowledging that you don't need much to be happy. In the end, it really is a tale about hope amidst impossible situations and I'm content with the way they told this story.

Jugglers: It stays true to its sweet, cute, and adorable tune till the end. I just wish we got to spend more time with the hilariously awesome office members. But as a romcom, it delivered what it promised to.

There you are @gadis! I was wondering where you were... I didn't see you in the fan wall so I assumed real life called. Haha.
Good to hear from you again🤗

Hi, raven! 🤗
Yep, I had to go out of town for some family stuff and had no time to check DB or dramas. I'm finally back now, but sadly, the current cycle has very limited offer.

Ah ok!! Welcome back! 😁

Yeah i know! Only watching Waikiki at the mo. I still haven't finished three dramas from the previous cycle lol. That's stopping me from starting Hwayugi and Radio Romance. I really wanna watch both but forcing myself to wait until I finish the other three.

Oh, I was wondering why you didn't post anything about JBL's final episode, so you were away from DB, welcome back 💕
Like you said ending with a miracle here didn't feel like a cop out, it felt fitting for our characters to get one! They've been through so much and being happy is all they wanted so I'm extremely glad the show gave it to them! Also, it was a perfect tie up to the football match story, I love that the show didn't forget about it and actually told it for a purpose!

Hi, Gadis. My aunt visited me for three weeks as well, and since I was showing hospitality and taking her out I couldn't watch so much of the things I wanted, but I managed to marathon Oh my Venus with her (at least half of it), so that she would understand why I like kdramas so much, and guess what? She finished it by herself!
Anyway, welcome back! I feel the same..Now my aunt went, and although I miss her, I finally have all my attention in the less free time I can get for our fav shows!!
you should try to watch Mother. It it's my cup of tea right now.

Maybe I'll try Mother someday, but not now. After JBL, I don't think I'm ready to watch another heavy and sad drama so soon. I'm still in the mood of something fun and sweet right now.

Ok. Got it. Let's also wait for the Noona who buys food!!! 🧀🌭🌮🌯🍔🍦🍕🍗🍖🍣🍞🍟🍝🍎🍅🍇🍉🍊🍛🍚🍙🍜🍲

Definitely. That's my most anticipated drama at the moment. Hopefully it will meet (or maybe even exceed) our expectation.

JAPANESE
Kakegurui - 8/10. 24minutes best spend.
Princess Jellyfish - 8/10
99.9 season 1 - 7.5/10. Matsumoto Jun
99.9 season 2 - pending
Seirei no Moribito - 8/10

Waikiki - Crap 6.5/10. Just pick few gags, join them together and voila we have a show. Complete nonsense. Baby doll was abused. Seriously who runs like that carrying a baby of few months? 6.5/10 It had funny moments but you just can't buy anything in the story. Writer thought comedy will hide all the glaring issues with the story and characters,but, it doesn't.

Radio Romance - Where the hell is radio? Sit in a box. utter some nonsense and we are done. I'm more interested in Son-Mother push and pull than any other nonsense going around. Dude don't turn Namaste into an -ve word. The guy is annoying/frustrating and downright mean and disrespectful. Nothing much in the story and noting the characters offer you. 6.5/10

CHINESE
Mr. Right - put on hold. Headache this overstretched show is 6.5/10. show some kindness to Audience Mr./Ms./Mrs. Writer.
Negotiator - Chinese - 7/10. Heroine is a competent character.
Beyond Light Years - meh 6.5/10

TAIWANESE
Iron Ladies - Taiwanese - 6.5/10. Nonsense but we do have competent heroine
Lion Pride - Soap Opera is about to start. 6.5/10. Utter Nonsense.

I'm doing my promised INAR rewatch and really enjoying it the second time around as well.

I have had quite a tumultuous time in my personal life this week and so I'm not ready to take on a new show, despite The List and how much it keeps growing. Misty, Mother and Radio Romance are all shows I'd like to give a try. I had Return on that list as well but the current upheaval makes me think I'll wait till it's finished.

However, like @odilettante I did watch the first few episodes of Cross. On paper, this looked like my show but in execution it was just like a million other dramas. I half expected Park Hoon to walk in.