Lee Dong-gun to join Rain in action drama Sketch
Looks like Lee Dong-gun will be returning to television soon, which is great news for me because I thought he was nothing short of amazing in his last drama, 2017’s romantic historical melo Seven Day Queen, where he gave the performance of his career as a paranoid, jealous, and deeply insecure tyrant king.
The new project is JTBC’s investigative action-thriller drama Sketch, which centers around the lives of those who fight to change futures that have been preordained. (Sounds vaguely Minority Report-ish, no?) The series previously cast Rain (Come Back, Ajusshi) in the lead role of a detective, while the role Lee Dong-gun is set to play is a sergeant in the special forces. Sounds like a secondary lead, but I hope it’ll be a prominent role since I’m eager to see Lee in another meaty role.
Sketch is being produced by a team familiar with police and action dramas: Writing is Kang Hyun-sung of Hidden Identity and Chosun Police Season 3, and directing is PD Im Tae-woo of Tomorrow With You, The Duo, Air City, and Yoo-na’s Street.
The drama has not yet been scheduled, but is in consideration for a run on JTBC sometime midyear.
Via My Daily
- Rain considers JTBC’s action romance drama Sketch
- Seven Day Queen: Episode 1
- Lee Dong-gun up to play tyrant king for Seven Day Queen
- News bites: June 25, 2016
- Lee Dong-gun considering KBS weekender Laurel Tree Tailors
- Superdaddy Yeol: Episode 1
- The loser gets a second shot at love in Superdaddy Yeol
- Mi-rae’s Choice: Episode 1