Name That Drama: Fighter princesses and sacked slaves
by DB Staff
Ready for another round of drama-sleuthing? Help out your fellow Beanies or email us your own questions and requests for future Name That Drama installments.
- Crybaby fighter
There is a movie from the early 2000s whose name completely escapes me. The main characters are high-schoolers who are the reincarnations of a prince and princess. They have to marry by a certain date or else they will die. The girl in particular cries constantly because the princess always cried, but otherwise is tough and a fighter. The opening scene is her fighting a group of boys, and a friend throwing her a pair of shorts under her school uniform for modesty. The boy is new in town and his parents try to delay the marriage. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you for a great series. I love reading these title searches.
- Friends with love problems
Recently I saw a Korean movie with no name on YouTube—the title was Japanese and had no connection with the movie. The story of this movie is about two girlfriends. One of them is married and the other one is a photographer. The girl who’s a photographer has a secret relationship with her boss or co-worker. The married woman’s husband is a cheater. The problem is that YouTube has the incomplete version of it, which is driving me nuts! Please help me out.
I think the movie is from 2002-2007? ‘Cause they were using Motorola slide phones.
- Getting the sack
Scenes from this drama started popping in my head but I can’t remember where they’re from! Here’s what I remember:
– It takes place in the past (not sure if Joseon or Goryeo)
– There are two young men: one kind and poor, the other arrogant and rich
– The poor one’s mother is a slave in the rich one’s household
– The rich one often uses the differences in their positions to get the poor one to do what he wants
Now here are some things I’m pretty sure I remember correctly, but I could be wrong:
– At one point, the poor one does something defiant and his mother is placed in a sack and savagely beaten to pay for it — but then it turns out his mom wasn’t in the sack; it was just a warning. (Or maybe it was the mother who was defiant and her son was in the sack.)
– The rich guy let someone (the mother?) die in a fire
– The rich guy gets an official position like a magistrate
I’ve looked through the recap list on this site and nothing is jumping out at me. Please help, Beanies!
- Family ties
There was a Korean drama from the last few years about two brothers falling in love with two sisters. One couple is a younger male falling for an older female. I never saw anything but a preview where you meet the cast so that is all I know. Please help.
- Trace the message
Please help me try to find a drama. I love collecting quotes from dramas I’ve seen but I forgot where I’ve seen this particular quote or text message:
No. I won’t forget about it.
You wanted a plan.
My plan.. is to love you.
I’ve loved you for a while now.
We can talk about it face-to-face.
I will do everything you want.
If that stresses you out at all, just ignore this message.
I’ll be fine.
We’ll go back to being friends.
I swear nothing will happen.
But if you care for me at all, or if you miss me, call me.
Thanks for playing, everyone — till next time!
- Name That Drama: Tasting the towels
- Name That Drama: Grandpa Over Lovers
- Name That Drama: Wedding brawls and genius maids
- Name That Drama: Makeup-free video chats and invisibility jackets
- Name That Drama: Dramabeans Detective Agency
- Name That Drama: Makjang galore and a chicken meet cute
- Name That Drama: Dance-free Flashdance and poopy shoes
Tags: Name That Drama