Rating:

Premiere Watch: Miracle That We Met

Miracle That We Met

Time slot: Monday & Tuesday
Broadcaster: KBS
Genre: Fantasy human melodrama
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: This week is the premiere of the new project from the PD-writer team behind Strong Woman Do Bong-soon, a body-swap fantasy drama about two men whose fates get swapped in a cosmic mistake. Kim Myung-min plays a successful bank manager with a seemingly perfect life, who is in actuality a stereotypically detached and absentee husband and father. Go Chang-seok is a man with the exact same name, born on the exact same day, and he lives a more modest but boisterous and happy life with a loving marriage. In a case of mistaken identity, Go Chang-seok ends up in an accident and dies a death that was meant for Kim Myung-min, and in order to right that wrong, heaven gives his soul a chance to return and possess Kim Myung-min’s body. Because that always works out so well.

I’m not sure if that means the protagonist of the story is Go Chang-seok’s soul (though obviously it’s all going to be Kim Myung-min playing the dual role), but in any case it’s about this man living a double life and becoming the head of two households, caught between the two wives, Kim Hyun-joo and Ra Mi-ran. It’s being called a human melodrama, but I fully expect a hefty dose of outlandish comedy from this PD-writer team, because they wouldn’t be ones to waste an opportunity for body-swap hijinks, especially when you have Ra Mi-ran and Kim Myung-min playing off of each other. I don’t know which pairing we’re meant to root for, but I guess that’s part of the fun.

Tags: ,

I've been looking forward to this show. I believe this is the same writer of Woman of Dignity. I bet it's going to be hilarious to watch while also, educating about real life experiences and lessons. The synopsis also reminds me of Please come back mister. And I LOVE that show

Maybe a ménage à trois?

Jokes aside, that does sound like it will be a fun ride (pun intended considering the poster).

The teasers has attracted my attention. I'll try to watch this later on 😀

Ra Mi Ran! I can't get enough of her since that unforgettable turn in Reply 1988. I watched Unnies' Slam Dunk just for her and what an impressive woman...my role model.

SWDBS was such an enjoyable show despite the serial killer subplot I'm willing to give this PD-Writer duo another go.

Ra Mi-ran! Have you seen Buamdong Revenge Club? :) She's great in that too (everyone was!)

BRC is my most favorite ajumma centric drama... :) They're all hilarious yet heart-tugging stories. :)

I watched Buamdong Revenge Club just for her and boy was I glad I did! What an awesome hijinks drama...probably one of the more underrated dramas I watched last year.

Buamdong Revenge Club, I’ll start that today.

I wish I could find where to watch it on Roku in the US ☹️

:(((

I don’t know... I already feel bad for his real wife...

me too. I actually I feel bad for the whole family that he died because of a mistaken identity. That just sucks. I wonder if it'll be a little like Come Back Ajhusshi, which I really enjoyed.

Luckily, there are very few people in the world with my name and the ones with my name are born in different years.

I gotta be super careful when I go out now .______.

Lol!

I saw some spoilers, I think this gonna be a fun and heartbreaking at the same time. I guess the ending either will be like Come Back Ahjusshi, or Ra Miran's real husband is not really died. Rating was solid for first epi as well.

Return veterans are going head to head on Mon/Tues slot. It's been a while.

Next Kim Myung-min vs Jang Hyuk LOL. MBC already surrendered early.

This is awesome! Hopefully it'll bring back more viewers.

I love the cast! Ra Mi Ran and Kim Myung Min? How can I miss this?

I'm less enthusiastic of the writer though. I was one of the few who didn't like SWDBS.

I dropped it pretty early despite being a fan of Park Bo-young.
Some fan eh?

I only ended up watched some clips of Park couple because they were so cute together. I think people just love them as a pair, and not into the story. Park Boyoung deserved better.

I hope both Kim Myungmin and Kim Hyunjoo are able to have some influences on the script here. Kim Hyunjoo rejected My Husband Oh Jak doo for this, so hopefully there's something on this drama which convinced her.

I dropped Strong Woman one episode before the final. It felt like a chore to watch it towards the end because of the killer 😒

Even I didn't particularly like SWDBS. The romance was nice but most of the humour fell flat and the "thriller"/mystery aspect with the creep was so disjointed. It felt like I was watching 3 dramas mishmashed into one.

Lol it’s like Come Back Mister... and there’s even Ra Miran! Nicee

I have a thing for bankers but there is only one Beautiful banker and thats Kim Mu-yeol.
I love Kim Myung-min and his 2 leading ladies so I hope their talents is put to good use.

Ra Mi Ran and Kim Myung Min! The premise sounds fun but I definitely dont know how they will pull off the ending. Hopefully it will be a good show with a sensible ending.

Just noticed that Kai is here. Lol I didn't know at all. The humour in SWDBS was too much for me so I'm not as thrilled that the same writer is in this production. It's Kim Myungmin so I'm going to give it a try. The whole soul switch is iffy though. Is it Go Chang-seok's character or is it Kim Myungmin's? One of them is dead so they have to deal with it well, especially when there are two wives. I got burned by that drama that must not be named.

I hope this one’s better than Spring Has come for his sake. My sister now holds a bit of a grudge towards him ever since she watched that one. 😂

So many veteran actors are coming back to drama this year. I love this trend.

Why on earth is this not up on Kocowa/VikiPlus????? I though that was the one and only virtue of Kocowa -- that we'd get all of the Big 3 dramas! Please don't tell me Netflix is getting their grimy little paws on this one too. 😣

(There may have been other Big 3 dramas that Kocowa didn't release. But if there were, I missed it.)

It is possible I am panicking too soon. Googling just now, I found a facebook post from Kocowa saying they would be subbing this drama. Fingers crossed that they didn't change their minds in the last 2 weeks. Still don't know why it's not up today, though.

What I don't understand is why some dramas don't turn up anywhere. Like with Ra Mi Ran's previous drama Buandong Revenge Club.

I found the unsubbed version on the app On Demand Korean Dramas.

oh my GOD, I hope Netflix haven't gotten their hands of this. I'm already sick of Netflix ruining the live watching experiencing for more and more shows. I'm worried this will become more of the norm in the future.

What's more annoying is that they mostly leave us in the dark for awhile about whether they have the rights to a show or not.

This is already in KOCAWA. I think Netflix picks up new dramas from TVN, JTBC and OCN.

I just checked. As of right now, Kocowa has a page for it, but the only thing there is the teaser trailer. Viki says it is not available in my region. Sigh. Fingers crossed that this changes in anfew days.

If viki has it and you can't watch due being unavailable in your region, just get a VPN like hola which will provide direct access to the streaming site so you'll be able to watch without any restrictions.

Was really excited about watching this but haven't been able to find English subs anywhere :(

Hoping that it will be subbed soon, or I might have to take the risk of watching RAW with my rudimentary Korean - meaning I'll only catch 10-20% of what is happening. Annoyed.

I just chanced upon subbed ep on dramahood

This is going to be tough, and funny, on a man who is fated to head two households. He can’t, because of mixed identity and mixed up body, sleep with either. Ra Mi Ran will play his legal Wife I am sure.

I watch it last night. And it was good. Actually, there is a behind-the-scene special last week & when I saw Ra Miran will star in it, I was jumping with joy. Go Changseok is funny when I watch Overgrown Bromance. Then I realised that the cast is mainly the senior actor & actresses which I like to watch. They are so expressive & their acting skills are awesome. I don't sync well if the cast are mainly idols or the younger actors & actresses (except Woo Dohwan >.<). Anyway, the first episode has Kim Wonhae (pls correct me if I'm wrong, he's Wooreuk from Hwarang & also Do Bong Soon) which actually the "X-factor" that attracts me to watch this.

Uh... how about Reason(s) to Watch: Kai (fittingly) playing a god? :D

He's playing a grim reaper. Tho he ends up looking like a god. 😂

Lol well he can reap my soul anytime :D

OMG I'm only on episode 2 and so far this is one of the best dramas I have ever seen . Gives me the same feeling that Goblin did...although they are two different shows. Excellent story telling & acting ...Just wow !

The only thing that reminded me of goblin was the "afterlife" portion, all misty grassfields. Plus a bungling grim reaper (who hasnt even spoken yet). But I agree with everything else, intriguing premise + great cast! The best weekday drama KBS has had in a long time.

I'm enjoying this drama so far!
I love Kim Myung Min best when his characters aren't too serious and are funny!

Very very very disappointed that KBSWorld abruptly dropped this and replaced it with yet another drama special rerun.

Why did they drop it when the ratings are fairly good and rising?

Some international licensing issue, I think. It's a mistake though because it will always be good for them to have wider global audiences.

This one is a good show I was wondering before if I will watch it or not? But when I started the first episode it catch my attention right away maybe because of the great acting of the casts. Although its a bit Come back Ahjussi-ish but i love the story and the way it was executed. Looking forward for the next episode.

Is anyone else watching this glorious drama??? !!! I love it