[Theme of the Month] Drama-induced shopping

What item(s) were you persuaded to buy because of a K-drama?

I’m sure we’ve all been there — minding our own business, completely unaware of the desperate need in our lives to possess that newfangled gadget, odd-looking accessory, or random bauble, until it flashed onscreen in a scene, and suddenly it seemed like the best idea in the world to buy a $300 robot vacuum for your tiny 200-square-foot apartment and throw it birthday parties.

Or maybe that accessory seemed ugly to you until a drama character opened your eyes and made you see the beauty and suddenly you had to have one in every color. Or perhaps you hadn’t realized you could use an object for a purpose other than the obvious one– until a drama character showed you how buying expensive ski goggles is totally the right way to peel garlic.

Has a drama ever made you buy something you otherwise wouldn’t have? What is it, do you regret it, and would you buy it again?

To submit:

• Email your submissions to [email protected] If you have a registered Dramabeans account, include your handle so we can link to it.
  • Include at least 1 image, though more is preferred.
  • Suggested length: Between 500 and 1,000 words.
  • Deadline: We will post these on a rolling basis, so we’re taking submissions now. We will cut off accepting submissions on April 26. If you miss this month, join us for a new theme next month!

Tags:

Well, kdramas have certainly put me off subway sandwiches ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฃ

And Papa Johnโ€™s Pizza ๐Ÿ˜€

Where have you been, Javabeans?!
โ€˜Wish we could listen to some new podcast. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mine was opposite, I'd never tasted one and was compelled to try because of k-dramas. It was pretty good, here in my country. Not sure they make the same versions everywhere.. lol

The ones where I am from aren't too bad. They're definitely low quality. My palate isn't refined enough to reject it if someone offered me a free sandwich. I do wonder if Subway tastes better in South Korea. Or maybe it tastes the same, but people there really like it because sandwiches aren't a prevalent option there?

I wanted to try Subway bcos I always see it in KDramas but when I finally got there, there was a line, so maybe next time. But I've been reading reviews that it wasn't that good anyway just a pricey sandwich so forget it. Maybe I'll give Papa John's a visit, who doesn't like pizza? I can always share it.
I got interested with clothes and fashion, thanks to Kdramas, having fun just knowing the brand names and the price tag.
Skin care products, that's a given but I like Etude skin care products, Wonder Pore!
Stuff I bought coz I was curious -
*Coffee sticks, Maxim (too bitter).
*Coffee cans (better)
*Korean Noodles ( From Jin Ramen to Shin Ramyun to Nongshim to Paldo to Samyang)
*Spam Made in Korea (yum, better than the US made, it doesn't hv the porky taste and smell. Thanks, Seo In Guk in King Of High School. oh, yeah, more expensive than the US made one)
*Electric Blankets (Bokuk brand, got it on Ebay. Well, I use it every night, got everyone in my family one and we sleep better on cold nights)
*Dyson Hot + Cool Fan Heater (yup, coz I saw it in one medical drama or something, well, the heater fan works for 15 mins at a time. For the price, it could've been better. Sigh, it was pricey and the shipping was, too. Like the price of a flagship smartphone.)
Speaking of which, of course my smartphone is Made in Korea.
* LG G6 (but then I had an LG G3 before so and I like LG better than Samsung's UI.)
*Washing Machine (I have both LG and Samsung, life essentials... TV? No, they give me a headache, too colorful, too bright, I dunno. Still, old Sony and Pioneer for now)
* New Balance 574 (Made in Vietnam tho, why?)
* DKNY black and grey gradient watch (It wasn't that expensive. I saw it on Apink Eunji on Trot Lovers, I gotta have it. There's another watch she got the Versace Versus "Key Biscayne" black leather watch with the safety pin, but that was expensive so... I love her black angry bunny shirt,too by Alexander McQueen. Not paying $200 for a shirt tho).
*Pillows (thick and fluffy good. I would have bought the bedsheets,too but it was just too expensive. )
That's all I can remember for now.
Oh, yes, still on my to-buy list. I've been wanting one for years since the Kdrama The Greatest Marriage but my old juicer won't die --
Hurom slow juicer!

It did send me down a rabbit hole of looking up skincare brands. Definitely have spent some $ . But the few minutes I spend twice a day has become such a treat.
I kept seeing Paul's Boutique in credits, and figuring it wasn't just a great nation wide love for the Beastie Boys, I had to look them up. Cute purses, if I ever make that London trip one would make a nice souvenir.

Same! I was just about to reply that kdramas made me buy lots of skincare products because of their flawless skins. I even saw a Face Shop in San Francisco and went in just to buy mask sheets.

I started to use face masks much more regularly especially now my local Target carries K-beauty products. When I saw the black face masks during a bonding moment between Park Hae-Jin and Park Sung-Woong in Man to Man, I was like, I need to try that.

Did it let me witness any adorable bromance irl? Yes, I would like to think so, yes, it did, totally. Face masks are good for that.

Oh. Iโ€™m obsessed with sheet masks! Was that because of a kdrama? Maybe because of Korean culture in general. All my facial products are Korean now.

Even got my husband and our best man to do them togetherโ€”so bromanceโ€”check! Haha.

I just got a package of sheet masks delivered yesterday. It is really relaxing. Cue up a show or read for 20 min, then pat all that wonderful moisture in.

Oh yes! Any recommendations?

I just tried one of those rubber masks and then saw one on an ep of Full House.
Oddly enough mine did not lead to a marriage with Rain.

No, marrying Rain didn't happen to me either. It also didn't make me look like Song Hye-Kyo. Odd indeed.

You should have asked for a refund. :D

Sheet masks are everywhere now, and I love it! I never actually buy them though, because I have a sister who is constantly buying kbeauty and giving me stuff, and Korean friends who give me big packs of masks when they come back from visiting family ๐Ÿ˜œ Iโ€™m spoiled

For the do-it-yourself mask where you add your own "lotion", what kind of lotion do you use?

Any favorites?

I've just started to delve in, so very new to products.
I do not use a sheet mask everyday or even once by the same brand so hard to say what long-term effects would be. But I did recently use 2 but I like the immediate effects of. They both seemed to calm and moisturize well. One was the Acwell Rice Brightening Daanje mask and the other the Evercos Licorice mask.
Otherwise loving Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner.
Also, maybe Swanicoco Black Yeast Fermentation Ampoule. I can't say it is the reason I haven't broken out recently but I started using it around the time I stopped. Knock on wood. Only bought it because it was on sale.

Iโ€™m not sure my blog post with the word โ€˜noโ€™ would get published... ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜„

I bought a t-shirt, does that count? :P

Until I get Park Bo Young in a fantasy romcom wearing a tshirt saying I Am Madame X... no.

If I get Park Bo Gum in a fantasy romcom wearing a t-shirt saying "my blog post has just one word: no" I will click buy.

You know I'm running off to create that t-shirt, right?

Oh my god.

Dramas started my coffee addiction and made it proliferate and I will never forgive them for it.

My 3 addictions in life are:
1) coffee
2) drama
3) sleep

Ironically #1 and #2 constantly get in the way of #3, and when I don't get enough #3 because I want more of #2, I seek help from #1.

Oh, I love my coffee. That is a must.
BTW, I love your avatar.

Thank you! I love our deliciously amoral Ji-an.

I started drinking soju because of kdramas. I even make sure I have a bottle at home to drink when I feel like it. ๐Ÿ˜…

Oversized coats!!! Completely obsessed...

I have noticed that different actresses wear them, bigger than their sizes... My question is why? ist it a fashion?????

Iโ€™m not big into fashion so I donโ€™t tend to get wardrobe envy while watching dramas, but coats and jackets are an exception. Even the most basic coats are worn so well by so many actors. In Mother, Madame Cha makes a comment about Soo-jinโ€™s simple black coat being old and how she should get her a new one, but Lee Bo-young looked regal in it. I wanted it even though I knew it wouldnโ€™t magically make me look like Lee Bo-young.

moving from the tropics to somewhere w 4 seasons i finally am able to satisfy my need/want to wear coats!!!! lbyโ€™s coats in mother were so my style but they cost like 500++++ which means thereโ€™s no way iโ€™m gonna get my hands on any of those :(

Reading comments and saw this. We're the same! Also moved from the tropics to a country with seasons - well, more like a winter/rainy country lol
Not moved by the coats, I'm too short and not very stylish ๐Ÿ˜…
I'm moved by the food though๐Ÿ˜‚ Still yet to explore my current place, but I'm not sure if there are any Korean food here

ooh thatโ€™s cool!!! i moved from singapore to new zealand, what about you? itโ€™s becoming autumn now and iโ€™m not so sure i can survive the cold :/

So many coats. It sometimes makes me wonder how cold the shoot is or is it just for fashion? But then watching Radio Romance and seeing how red PD Kang's ears got I thought on that show it has to be really cold.

During an outdoor scene I often think that "oh no, their coats are not thick enough! Look at all that breath condensation!" but then during an indoor scene, I am more like "why do they keep their coats on at home? Is the coat closet full or the house doesn't have heat?"

Speaking as someone who wears coats in the house, and is always embarrassed when visiting and the host wants to take my coat, and I don't want to give it up -- I appreciate that wearing coats indoors is socially acceptable in Korea.

Lol I personally never take off my jackets in doors unless I really have too. I consider it apart of my outfit.

For me, the weirdest one is when they keep their coats on in a restaurant while they're eating. Seriously? No waiter took their coat on the way in to that fancy restaurant?

I tend to keep mine on at cafe-type restaurants and fast-food joints since those places never feel like they're heated well enough. and sometimes when you have booth seating and there isn't a chair to hang the jacket on.

I want to know how those poor people can afford all of those expensive coats!

I noticed all the indoor coats too and wondered if they're just more product placement.

I've actually been wearing my coat indoors at work for the past month because of a broken ceiling vent that's been blowing cold air down on us for weeks. I might keep wearing after the vent gets fixed; I love having so many pockets!

I find myself wondering that too in many dramas. In the BTS, even when they're inside, actors run to get heavier coats. Is there no heating in buildings in Korea?

When they short indoors itโ€™s still super cold. Thereโ€™s space heater but thatโ€™s about it. Iโ€™ve seen some BTS videos thatโ€™s how I know.
Plus when they are shooting indoors you can see their breathe.

i always wanna go and button up or close the zipper on their coats when they are outside. no matter how cold it is, they won't button up! gotta show those outfits off i guess. it makes me cold just watching them!

oohh yes..they always have gorgeous coats or jackets, even the poor ones! unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) i live in tropical climate where there's no need to buy a coat ever.

I suddenly miss my tropical country ๐Ÿ˜ฉ And this is just the 2nd day in my current place lol

Hwaiting @moondane!!

Thaaaaanks @kimbapnoona

I grew up in the tropics and I lived in a place with seasons, but I still prefer the tropics even if I don't get to wear fabulous coats.

true that! When i went to japan in the winter i was quite fed-up having to constantly put the coat on or off depending on temp.

Ohhhh, this is where i wonยดt feel tempted to write any line at all... LOL
Not only i am a little bit stingy, but also... I almost never get to see or pay attention to PPL in dramas, even when they are there! I donยดt live a similar lifestyle of most people in dramas, not even the poor ones (although I am relatively materially poor).
But... Hello! I will have fun with the beanies articles for sure... :)

When I started watching kdrama, I couldn't understand the obsession characters had with shoes and handbags. Then I found out just how much clothing and makeup My Love From the Star sold. I could actually write a blog post on that but I think that may be too introspective and cynical for DB.

I would be interested in that blog post, honestly

So would I.

@hotcocoagirl @greenfields
I'll put some thought into it. I don't want to offend anybody - more than I usually do, I mean.

Iโ€™d read itโ€”I was one of the gullible ones! Buying the rosy coral YSL lipstick I will never forget the sales girl was like โ€œLove From the Star?โ€ ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

I hear ya - although the many and varied rings on Gong Hyo Jin's lovely long fingers has lead me to waste a fair few hours on AliExpress- which is a tad futile given my fingers are neither lovely nor long ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™„

Oh gosh, that happened to me with Kim Go Eun's character in Cheese in the Trap, I'm still looking for alternatives for her rings!! They just look too cool to ignore...

I always notice her jewelry. Also her outfits though I'd not look good on them, but she wears them well.

I loved how Our Oh Hae Young wore her rings in Another Oh Hae Young. Those thin gold bands on alternating fingers pushed down to different heights on her fingers? So pretty! That was on Another OH Hae Young, wasn't it? Either way my fingers a re short and stumpy and my hands are always dry! I couldn't pull off something so effortlessly cool and pretty.

Haha, I never buy anything, even when I spend the time to find replica jewelry online ~ Iโ€™m an acknowledged cheapskate ๐Ÿ˜…

Girl, same here. :P

If the drama's definition of poor as shown in Boys over Flowers is a family who owns a laundry shop, with wifi and personal laptop, well.. Not to mention those poor candies who seemingly have top-notched mobile phones - even if Samsung is from them, still it doesn't add ๐Ÿ˜‘

Thatโ€™s the nice thing about My Ajusshi, where IUโ€™s character is shown to be very realistically struggling, and Just Between Lovers, where Junhoโ€™s character has an older, beat-up phone.

Totally! That is what I mean. Although I recognize I am not that poor like Gang doo most of the time during the serie.
I actually happen to live in a rich country (I am an immigrant), but I don't earn not even the basic to pay own facilities, that is why. In order to be above of the line of poverty here, and be at the beginning of middle class I should earn at least 1600โ‚ฌ netto, and that is not the case yet, not even the half of it. But I am looking for a better job. And my cellphone is a simple Huawei๐Ÿ™ƒ

Yes Junho's beat up phone was really a great touch :) Attention to detail to the max!

Food, classic korean food. That's it.
Put me off pizza and subway though....

Ramyun. Scurvy-level ramyun addiction.

Now when I go to my neighborhood Asian grocer, I am much more adventurous in trying different brands and flavors since I want to eat ramyun every time when it happens in a drama, which is, about 1.27 times per episode.

Maybe ramyun and I are fated love with childhood connection. My mom only would cook it when my dad would not join us for dinner due to some business engagement. So I have such fond memories of my mom and I eating ramyun blissfully in front of television which felt like vacation in heaven to me.

My unpublishable blog post just expanded because this is true. Ramyeon and jjangjangmyeon.

Does your blogpost jjangjangmyeon come with a side of Tang Su Yook? If yes, sauce on the side for dipping or pouring all over?

I actually don't like fried food so there is a whole section of Asian dishes that I never eat. But I'm a dipper not a pourer generally if that helps.

*thinking about making a t-shirt that says "dipper not a pourer"*

@kimbaprolls
I'll put Kimbap on the back just for you.

@kimbaprolls
Yes I just spent 20 minutes trying to find good stock image of kimbap rolls. And failed.

But for what it's worth...

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
@leetennant May I be your friend? You are the coolest.

BTW my account name is kimbapnoona as in "Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Kimbap."
I am however jealous at kimbaprolls who will login to Dramabeans and find such nice surprises of being tagged!!

Sorry @kimbaprolls! I should have paid more attention to the photos.
@kimbapnoona I always need cool new friends.

You guys are making me hungry.

Every time I saw someone eating something, I wanted to know what it was and how to make it. Thankfully, ramyun made life easy. That, fried chicken, BBQ, and soju. I'm guessing--more like hoping--they're going to do a food related one soon, so I'll hold off on writing something until they do.

Now whenever I drink soju, I finish the shot with a "aaaahhhh" noise and squinty eyes. Last week I even shook it above my head to show the rest of the dinner party that I drank it clean. Both ramyun and soju have not permeated through my stomach lining but my behavioral pattern. Ottoke?

I think it's somewhat natural to take on aspects of a culture the longer you're exposed to it. It's kind of a mild appropriation.

Iโ€™d never tried soju until kdramas introduced me to it. Then I promptly became intoxicated while watching a kdrama. And I havenโ€™t had any since. ๐Ÿคฃ

Ha! The first time I had it I thought, how the heck do people drink bottles of these by themselves and live?! I now have an understanding of how wicked the hangovers must actually be.

My Dad was stationed with the Korean forces as a liaison officer in East Timor. He came out of it with a smattering of Korean, a tendency to add the word 'Yo' to sentences and an utter aversion to what he calls 'white lightning'. He says that whole communal 'everyone must drink a shot with everyone else' rule nearly killed him. He woke up face down in the mud the next morning unable to move. But I still slip him the odd Soju bomb and I've noticed he doesn't complain.

This is a little off topic -I am always amused wherever the characters in dramas drinking soju (or beer), the waitstaff or pojangmacha owner never seem to clear the bottles off the table, as in, look how many bottles they drank so they are now very drunk. This makes me feel that the PDs don't have the confidence to just let the actors show the drunk state they are in.

Soju is a real setup. I like drinking dark hard liquor (whiskey and rum are my go to), so the first time I drank soju all I thought was "this just watered down vodka" and thats the trap. It's much easier to drink for westerners so you drink a couple of bottles thinking it's nothing and regret it later.

I never drink, but considered picking up some soju just to try it. Maybe I'll reconsider because one shot would probably do me in.

@egads You don't drink as in you've never had a drink or you don't drink anymore?Unless you have no tolerance for/can't metabolize alcohol etc., I doubt one shot will do you in. Like with taking shots of any other alcohol with a similar ABV etc., don't drink one after the other after the other in a short period of time like most in dramaland do. That's asking for trouble.

Oh, and I recommend the sweet potato based soju to start off with. It's smooth and easy to drink, for me at least. As such, you need to be more careful how much you drink.

@hades I don't drink. As a teenager I discovered even a small amount of alcohol worked as a truth serum for me. All filters down, and I mean all; therefore I have abstained for many years.

@egads That would be your call then if you want to try. Things might be different now that you're older--or not. Just be careful.

Ttoppoki did it for me. I have Another OH Hae Young to thank for that.

Scratch thatโ€”it was Letโ€™s Eat 2. Iโ€™m getting hungry now.

I want to eat whatever Yoon Doo-joon who care to rant on about. Preach, Doon-joon, preach!

@kimbapnoona, Doo-joon could sell me anything, not just foodโ€”-wait, that could be an essay. Actors/actresses who could sell me air.

@ally-le @kimbapnoona I have too many maybes for this. So maybe Lee Seung-gi, Yang Se-jong...actually, I have somebody. Fandy Fan. He's a Taiwanese actor who played the role of a guy who fell in love with another guy. I believed him completely. If he's not at the very least bicurious IRL, he can sell me air.

@ally-le 65! Yoon Doo Joon could really sell me anything, even the coats he wore in Radio Romance I wanted to buy for my husband...sadly I got shut down real quick :(

Not an object but dramas got me addicted to Ramyun ๐Ÿœ especially Jjajangmyun ๐Ÿ˜†

Ditto

Same. Everything food related. Thankfully I started eating at Subway way before I knew what a K-Drama was.

People in Korean dramas never stop eating. If you watch an English-language show in comparison they almost never eat. The one exception is Pushing Daisies and every time I watch that I come out with a craving for pie and martinis.

Iโ€™m not a pie person but while watching Pushing Daisies I suddenly very badly wanted to learn how to make pies from scratch.

But I didnโ€™t. Because Iโ€™m lazy.

I don't like them either but I came away with a huge craving. My niece and I went out for pie the very next day. And... it was kind of disappointing. But the martini was a different story.

I love pie, but after watching the movie Waitress I really wanted to bake some.

I could actually recycle a couple open thread posts for this oneโ€”and get @leetennantt roll her eyes yet again at me for loving a show she despises. ๐Ÿ˜œ

The I an offend you by bagging them out. That sounds like fun.

It does sound fun, but Iโ€™m not easily offended. *goes off to edit*

Waiting in delicious anticipation (that might be all the food talk)

Face masks and BB cream.

What a fun theme! I bought gonggi after seeing them play in Woohoo Waikiki and had my whole family playing it today at our Easter get together ๐Ÿ˜„

And k-drama characters always have so many coats and hoodies that I'd love to own.

I bought ramen noodles once, but not because of dramas, I was sick for a longer period and didnยดt feel like cooking / was too worn out. But thatยดs all... though I donยดt buy much in general. if the question was what dramas made me DO, it would be a different matter.

Does grocery's count?? I love recreating dishes I come across in dramas. I've been blessed to have a korean supermarket in my neighborhood and now my house is fully stocked with korean food. After all, how can anyone resist jjajangmyun, ramen, tteokbokki etc????

Since this is rapidly turning into a food discussion, does anyone have a good recipe for jjangjangmyeon? I just can't get it right.

ooh ooh hit me up if / when you find a good one!!!!!!

My grandparents emigrated to Korea from China and opened up a successful Chinese restaurant that has been passed down for 3 generations now....oooh does that make my mom a restaurant heiress? ๐Ÿ˜† All that is to say my mom makes great jjajangmyeon and it is definitely one of my top 5 comfort food!

There are 2 types of jjajangmyeon as far as I understand. The ones we see mostly in dramas like in Strongest Deliveryman are "wet jjajangmyeon" which is quite liquidy made with quite a bit of oil and starch. My mom's recipe is of the dry variety. It is healthier and she adapted it for home cooks who are without all those BTU restaurant has and also with much more vegetables (not just onions) for nutrition.

I will try to type up my mom's jjajangmyeon recipe for all the Beanies and post it in this thread!

Replying because Iโ€™m interested in that recipe. Would prefer delivery, but Iโ€™m in an area where Subway is the good sandwich shop, and bad takeout Chinese is the only vaguely Asian food available.

One day soon, we'll all have 3D printers in our kitchens and we can order delivery from any restaurant in the world and they'll send the instructions wirelessly and print the dish out for us. Until then, we'll have to rely on badly-stocked local Asian grocers and our own skill.

Of course soon I realized when typing it out the recipe is too long for this thread, so I posted my mom's Jjajangmyeon recipe on my fan wall. Check it out and hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I do!!

Me too! Am definitely interested in this recipe.

Rather than objects, drama influenced me in other aspects: cooking, sewing, reading books, gardening, saving, spending more time with people I love, and even working more dilligently. Lol.

IU's character in The Producers got me into coloring books. Around the same time, I found out that Taeyeon from SNSD was into it as well so I specifically bought Suwa's coloring books.

Does hand making your own version of the dolls the leads give their heroines count? ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜… It is fulfilling the need to acquire the items from dramas, I just donโ€™t buy it from others

i mean pig rabbit was hand assembled by the hero himself, like your methods are totes legit! :D

speaking of pig rabbit, i totally bought a pig rabbit doll on the streets of Seoul when i visited last year as i have zero talent with my hands lol...it doesn't look exactly as the doll in the show but it's close enough-ish and was around $10

Thatโ€™s a good point! My pig rabbit is much smaller than the one in the show, since I was just knitting it for myself ~ it also has some definite differences of course ๐Ÿ˜†

Yup! Lip stains and sunglasses did it for me!

- I order 1 kg of kimchi every month thanks to K-Drama. Kimchi has been staple in my household for almost two years now.
- Shin ramyeon has replaced my loyalty for local ramen. I can't no longer eat our local instant noodles, they are too plain.
- Korean fashion (or maybe current fashion trend) is very hijab friendly. Oversized shirt, long coat, long shirt that look almost like a coat...I mean I understand why Korean pop culture is huge in Muslim population countries. From family values in K-Drama to fashion we can relate more than Western pop culture. I usually get idea for my working outfits from K-Drama. I even made one shirt exactly like the girl in Circle (I forget her name) wears.
- skincare, im huge fan of sleeping mask and water bank essence from laneige. song hye kyo was the reason why I started using them. I still haven't look like her ๐Ÿ˜‚, but it's the most comfortable skincare ive ever tried.

Kimchi!!! We learned how to make this after starting our obsession with kdramas and now, weโ€™re the โ€œsupplierโ€ for all our friends!

Daebaaak! You make a hobby into business.

If we sold it!!! No, itโ€™s still just a hobby. However, we have the authentic clay jar to ferment it inโ€”which impresses our Korean friendsโ€”which my husband bought from the Korean store. But theyโ€™d never sold one, so didnโ€™t know how much to charge him for it (it must have been there since they opened several years ago), so he basically stole it it for a song.

๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„ you are very serious for just a hobby. I thought those clay jars could easily find in Korean market in US because I saw Maangchi of youtube has many in every size.
We don't have big Korean supermarket here in Jakarta. We have Lotte supermarkets but they don't sell Korean cooking utensils.
My kimchi supplier also started as hobby. K-Drama got her into everything Korean, then she learned to make kimchi and now her kimchi is actually one of the most popular one in the city. Who knows Ally, maybe one day you'll invade your city with your kimchi ๐Ÿ˜„

Iโ€™ve havenโ€™t worked up the nerve to make kimchi, yet. Iโ€™ve got a couple of promising recipes though, including one from an Australian organic gardening magazine. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ahhhhhahaha this is so great!

I, too, make my own kimchi several times. Sadly none of my friends or family members like it.

You can have it all, LoL. I'm too lazy to make kimchi. So, my option would be going to Korean grocery, and waiting for good friends share some of theirs, LoL.

Yeah, I ended eating all of them by myself. Lol. Lucky you there's korean grocery there. For me, I have to come to neighborhood city about 1,5 - 2 hours by bus.

Me too! My heart becomes so empty without kimchi in my fridge. And I become a regular customer to my local Korean restaurant where I usually would order galbitang and a plate of hameul pajeon :). Too bad I don't drink. :))

Just pretend you drunk, just pretend that your ice teais somaek. I usually do that with my friends whenever we go to Korean restaurant ๐Ÿ˜‚

Do you wear hijabs???

I tried making kimchi before and it was actually delicious but I have ulcer and I felt like my insides were on fire every time I eat kimchi. ๐Ÿ˜†

I teach at Islamic school so it's the dress code.
I'm so lazy am I? Why I never try to make it knowing that I consume it a lot.

So youโ€™re a modarrisat??? Cool! ^^

You should try making kimchi, itโ€™s fun.

What is a modarrisat?
Yes I think I should try it. Maybe I could save money by making it myself ๐Ÿ˜„

Female Islamic teacher. :D

No ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ @giegie0384
A modarrisat (or ustadzah as we call it here) who fan girling Oppas and shipping her favorite actors?

I teach statistics

I keep wanting to try kimchi even though I don't like spicy things.

The funny thing is that if we weren't paying attention to PPLs and clothes/food before, we definitely will now!

Kimchi! And the star moon necklace from boys over flowers XD kinda embarrassed to wear that now

Ramen!!

The crave just keeps on building when I see so many main characters eating ramen here and there and it soared to the top after watching Avengers Club. I couldn't help it but had to run to my local korean market and get some ramen. Adding other ingredients in made the ramen taste even better!! So good!

Ditto. Our ramen consumption soared while I was watching Avengers Club. It also makes me nostalgic for my mother's Chinese home cooking.

I've tried every single Korean ramyeon that I could find in our local market. I even make a note of them and I keep the plastick packs (I hope my mom don't find them and throw them away)
My favorite are kimchi shin ramyeon and arirang ox stew (it's local brand). I accidentally tried black shin ramyeon, it's good but I still prefer the regular kimchi ramyeon.

I tried many kinds of korean and japanese ramen but only a few suit my taste. I still prefer local instant noodle but I add seafood and veggies (sometimes kimchi) just like what they do in kdramas. I eat a lot while watching dramas at night.

One word: their clothes. omg. Like all the characters are so poor yet their range of clothes is so WOW. Let me state Goblin, CITP, BTLIOF, suspicious Partners.... Where do these heroins shop??

not to mention even the most broke ass heroines have the latest cellphone model.

They must go through the give-away bins around Gangnam, much like two of our much-loved Legend of the Blue Sea ladies!

I laugh at Kdrama product placements more than anything because of how random and bad alot of them are. But I did catch myself almost going to Subways once until I remembered that their food taste like plastic.

After the reading some comments I thought of some things that Kdrama's didn't make me buy but influenced my interest.

I like to cook and since there's an eating scene in every episode of every Korean drama ever, I've been cooking alot of korean foods.

Beauty products. I haven't bought any item in particular, but I definitely pay more attention to my skin and added some extra steps.

I like clothes and dressing well in general, so I have definitely stolen some outfit ideas. And also eventually saw the appeal of turtlenecks under button ups (which I thought was dumb as hell first time I saw it.)

But I think these are more a Korean interest than a kdrama one really.