You Who Forgot Poetry: Episodes 9-10

Now we’re settling into our second half trajectory, Min-ho’s far from being the only character to turn a corner (and what a welcome turn it is). This week brought a lot of threads to a head, leaving us to deal with the fallout of some unexpected events. There may be sea-changes ahead, but for now, we can still enjoy the poetry of it all.

EPISODES 9-10 WEECAP

Chief Yang (Seo Hyun-chul) surprises the team by announcing that he’s leaving for a new job, and Bo-young spends the day walking on air now that there’s finally hope that she’ll be hired on full time. When Jae-wook overhears her saying she loves him, it spurs her to confess to him directly.

It all comes crashing down for her that evening though, as Chief Yang’s new job falls through, which means he has to stay at Shinsun after all. Right after that, Jae-wook tells her that he can’t accept her feelings, trying to let her down as kindly as he can.

Min-ho finds Bo-young crying by herself and learns that Jae-wook rejected her. But she’s more upset for thinking only of herself when she confessed, not of him and whether his heart was ready. As she falls asleep, Min-ho lays her head on his shoulder.

In the Radiology Department, meanwhile, Joo-yong gets rejected by a VIP patient who calls him an inexperienced baby. Sunbae Dae-bang is outraged, arguing that it’s diligence that counts, not time.

But when Dae-bang later takes a tumble down the stairs and fractures his foot, he goes a little mad (more than usual, lols) and tries to send the entire surgical staff away because they’re suddenly babies to him, and it starts with poor diligent Joo-yong. (Well, he’s diligent at his job and his play, if not his study, haha.)

There’s some Radiology-Physiotherapy crossover drama when Yoon-joo is put in charge of Dae-bang’s rehab. He’s really touched by how she protects his dignity without missing a beat, despite desperately embarrassing circumstances.

Later, he comes to her defense when someone tries to take advantage of her, and that there is a new loveline in the making…except Dae-bang then assails her with his indecisiveness and Yoon-joo nopes out. I can’t say I blame her. Get it together, Dae-bang-Dae-bang-Kim-Dae-bang!

Despite his rejection, Jae-wook’s been having a tough time, too, especially when he hears about how Bo-young’s been crying all over the place. (Chief Yang thinks it’s because of him.)

In an unprecedented move, he joins Chief Yang and Shi-won for drinks, and with a few too many in him, he wonders why his heart aches. (Chief Yang convinces himself that it’s because Jae-wook really did want to be Chief in his stead after all. Poor Chief Yang, drowning in his misunderstandings!)

Min-ho and the boys take Bo-young to the seaside, where she can’t help imagining Jae-wook everywhere she looks.

She’s cottoned on to the fact that Min-ho will do something if she wants it, but I don’t think she’s detected the true nature of his feelings yet. Aw, Min-ho. You got me to ship you after all. Or at least, I’m willing to throw you a lifejacket if not quite the whole ship.

COMMENTS

…and the boys sure do provide a lot of diversion, especially when the unthinkable finally happened! Nam-woo was torn apart from his alligator! Or perhaps it’s more accurate to say the alligator was torn from him. Every time these boys turn up together on the screen, I find myself chuckling, “the three rocks.” They’re so lovably dumb, how do they do that? I guess because there’s not a drop of malice in them right now.

But that’s been the theme of this bridge between acts. Everyone has been putting old relationships behind them in order to forge forward with the new. For Dae-bang and Yoon-joo, they’re at last able to put their previous antagonism to bed and see the real good in each other.

For Nam-woo separated from his alligator, he has surely found his soul-sister in Joo-yong—aren’t they just made for each other? Nam-woo is actually the best girlfriend ever, and his loveline with Min-ho is replete with all the classic couple moments, it’s so great.

Similarly, Jae-wook draws a conclusive line between himself and the ex who keeps trying to find him, and I’m hopeful that his heart is ready now for someone else. I know I’m reneging on my avowed ship, but I’m actually okay with it not being Bo-young, if that’s what ends up being best for both of them. Like Bo-young recognizes, his heart did need healing, and I think without realizing it, that’s the effect she’s had on him. I love that we marked this turning point for him with the poetry, as Jae-wook narrates it for the first time: “It rained since you left.”

These episodes really reinforced why it is we love our “crybaby” Bo-young so much. Through her contact with her patient this week—the grandfather working really hard on his rehab to make it home to his wife, not knowing she’d already passed away—I felt like we saw Bo-young at her truest, as someone who doesn’t just give strength to her patients, but gains strength from them, too.

That’s the well Bo-young draws from, and I was moved by what she told Jae-wook: that she decided to be okay. Because if her patients can be okay after what they’ve been through, then this is nothing in comparison. And that’s the important part—of course it’s not nothing, but it’s nothing in comparison.

Because of the nature of her work, she’s with people at a stage of their recovery which is essentially positive, but still starting at the lowest point of that curve. That line between ability and disability, illness and wellness, it’s a raw and painful place, but it’s also a place where something truly transformative happens: people make choices to go on with life, to get better, no matter what has happened to them.

She shows just how symbiotic the process of healing is, too, as we see her gathering her patients’ stories, their struggles, their loves and their fears, and then taking it into her heart. She makes herself an indispensable part in restoring not just their function, but also their wellness of spirit. In fact, all of our physios have shown the same deep care towards their patients, whatever their personal flaws. If I were to distill the essence of Bo-young into one line, it would be this: She feels other people’s emotions like they’re her own. And because of that, we feel hers like they’re our own.

Tags: , , , ,

Min Ho grew up so much today -- sincerely apologizing to Bo Young, secretly wishing her happiness, quietly lending an ear (and shoulder), and eagerly cheering her up. I know Min Ho has been an ass for as long as we can remember, and up until now, the nicest thing he has ever done for Bo Young was give her his jacket and bring her beer and cuttlefish, and I know Min Ho was the one who warned her not to like him (twice), but I still ship MinHoYoung because Bo Young is 100% herself around Min Ho. You could argue it's because she has no reason to impress him, but Bo Young puts Dr. Ye on a pedestal and practically worships him.

With Min Ho, Bo Young is comfortable enough to even divulge her love life, while Min Ho can readily open up about his family. I was relieved when he told Bo Young the truth about his birthday dinner after she caught him eating ramyun in the convenience store. Furthermore, even when Bo Young falsely accused Min Ho of revealing her rejected confession and ruthlessly smacked him on the head with blunt objects (twice), he never retaliated.

Before Min Ho confesses (and he owes it to her to confess), I wish Bo Young would realize his feelings on her own. Perhaps he can save her from another runaway hoverboard à la Dr. Ye. Or perhaps Dr. Kim can implant ideas in Bo Young's head again, namely 신씨부인 (Mrs. Shin). Then when Min Ho finally confesses, Bo Young would scoff, "뻥이구?" ("I'm kidding?") as she did to his slack-jawed "My heart skipped a beat," but this time Min Ho would reply, "I'm serious. I really regret rejecting you."

Despite Dr. Ye's rejection of Bo Young's confession today, I still feel Ye-Liner could sail. Obviously, Bo Young is not over Dr. Ye as evidenced by her nonstop hallucinations, so as soon as he sorts out his feelings and confesses to her, our crybaby will accept, while our puppy will be heartbroken.

Yet if Min Ho is endgame, Nam Woo's teasing "Don't like Ye Jae Wook. He made fun of my GPA." better light a fire under his ass to focus on his studies, live up to his parents' sky-high expectations, and take over the physiotherapy department at his family's hospital. When the trainees leave at the end of their two months, I hope Bo Young misses Min Ho.

Our Alligator OTP finally broke up today. 🐊 Can Shin Jae Ha please serenade us every episode? 😍 Bless Dr. Kim for acting professionally and not embarrassing patient Dae Bang for farting (and also giving Nam Woo the stink eye for being obvious). Thanks a ton for picking up the weecaps for You Who Forgot Poetry, @Saya!

"...but I still ship MinHoYoung because Bo Young is 100% herself around Min Ho."

THIS has been my biggest lifeline all these episodes.

Same! ^^

This is the main (only?) reason why I'm on this ship. When she's around Min-ho she just turns a little sassy and I love it.

I'm also enjoying Shin Jae-ha's expressive singing. With rocky development ahead for both ships and also the new alligator-shaped hole in his heart, I foresee more of this impromptu karaokeing.

You practically write the ending for me there. I would love to watch the show going this route. :(

Wrote.*

".....to focus on his studies, live up to his parents' sky-high expectations, and take over the physiotherapy department at his family's hospital. .."
This is the only condition under which MH will qualify to be the endgame, really. Well said!

I'm always screaming at my screen, "Why aren't you studying, Min Ho!? STUDY!! Prove everyone wrong! I know you can do it!"

I feel like he actually really knows everything, is a genius and is only rebelling because of his family. K-drama makes me think things that are not there.

I feel the opposite XD He can probably get good or decent grades if he puts in lots of effort, but he's not the stock genius lead who can ace things by studying for 1 month straight. You can see in one of the flashbacks when he was just in high school that he was an average kid in class and he felt bad that his Dad couldn't brag about him the way he does for his Hyung.

I don't mind though. I like that about him. He *wants* to be the best for his parents-- that's enough for me. :) His parents have crazy standards anyway, boy's heart would still break even if he tried his best because he'll always be unfairly compared to his brother.

@mary well I actually don't want him to live up to his parents' unrealistic expectations but I need him to do something if he wants to be worthy of Bo Young. He can be a hardworking, sincere physiotherapist because deep down he's a good kid (minus all the grade school level bullying he's done to Bo young in the past)

@fatcat007 I want him to put his best foot forward for his patients too. I'm just replying to spicykimchi's opinion that Min-ho could've been a good student and he's just rebelling against his parents.

It's a common thing in K-dramas where the guy suddenly has hidden talent (whether it's acing tests or resurrecting the family's failing chaebol empire). But here I'm glad that Min-ho seems like your average student who wants to have fun but has nasty demanding parents instead. Actually, everyone on the show seems competent at their jobs because of effort, not in-born genius. I like it. :)

@mary
"I want him to put his best foot forward for his patients too" Exactly! :-)
And I agree with you.
I too don't want him to suddenly turn into a genius in kdrama style, he can gradually improve & do well.

"everyone on the show seems competent at their jobs because of effort, not in-born genius. I like it." me too! me too! ^^

@fatcat007 forgot to say, I like it because it gives me hope too that I can do good to my patients clients/users by effort, even if I'm not a genius. :) Ah, I just ♥ this show so much...

@mary
And I like it because I hope I can be a better human being :-) The characters have been empathetic, kind & considerate under their flawed exterior. I'm really loving this show as well ^^

I'm also shipping Min Ho and Bo Young. 😉 Although I will be ok with whoever she chooses in the end because she is so adorable; our girl deserves happiness.
But yeah, Min Ho is being so cute and it seems that he is getting more mature...Moreover, all the rejection story is from their high school days, and I cannot take it too seriously, neither Min Ho being a jerk, or Bo Young's obsessive love. So I'm fine with them becoming adults and finding out that they are attracted to each other and the other could be a worthy partner. Of course Min Ho should confess this time. 😼

"Bo Young is 100% herself around Min Ho."

Ya know, I've been musing on just why I ship Bo-young with Doctor Ye so much despite her being more "herself" around Min-ho. Perhaps because, since the beginning, her ability to be so devoted and passionate when liking someone has felt like such an important part of her?

That was a part of her that Min-ho never treasured until it was too late and, while I don't begrudge him for it (too much) and could actually be happy for him winning her over now, I really appreciated how Doctor Ye was as careful as he could be with her feelings and how he almost seemed to be hurting himself.

I'm so proud that Bo-young's beginning to regain control over her feelings, despite getting random, wistful visits from Image-Ye all episode. But her ability to continue throwing her all into liking someone has become a tremendously endearing quality to me. I don't know, that behavior could sometimes come off as annoying, but somehow Bo-young grounds it all in such genuine emotion that I can't help but respond to it. And because she always manages to stay true to herself, I end up not minding when she is trying to show her best self to Doctor Ye, since it doesn't necessarily seem forced or inorganic.

That's why I began to buy into the depth of her feelings for him when I rewatched the show this past week. I admit, I wasn't too into the show at first so I had to go back over the first few episodes to really appreciate it. When Bo-young was over-working herself and letting her co-workers take advantage of her, Doctor Ye was the one who helped give her a fair workload. In a sense, he helped her to believe that she deserves to be treated with respect for her effort. And so it makes sense that she feels inspired to do her best for him. That said, one of the most charming things about her is that she still manages to show all her sides to people, even when she's only trying to show her good side. That's pretty much what episode 4 was all about. Ironically, it was a moment she thought he wasn't looking that got him to smile. I think that, for once, I just find this dynamic really sweet and organic, which is odd considering the 'best friend'/companionate lovelines I normally prefer. I do have a thing for finding "exceptions" though so that might be part of it.

The show does seem to be gearing up for a reversal between them, what with Doctor Ye showing some of his less than perfect side, so I think that will alter and flesh out their dynamic a bit.

At the end of the day, though, I'm pretty much in heaven because I love both potential pairings, or even the idea of Bo-young moving on from both of them! She's quickly becoming one of my favorite female leads. She has so much energy and strength and so much capacity for love that I feel like she would have no trouble finding someone to be happy with.

Lol, somehow this became an essay. And I fell asleep while writing it so I missed the rush!

Ahhh, I'm so ridiculous and I love that I have a show making me like this again.

I love every single point you wrote!!

It's pretty neat how they build Bo-young's Yemaginary as this hilarious, cheesy quirk of her crush toward Dr. Ye, and then turned it around in eps 10 into something deeper, bittersweet, and wistful. I can relate to her regret for confessing, because if not for that, she would be able to share another good meal or nice trip with him. It's also a lovely detail how her latest imagination was more similar to how Bo-young always remember Dr. Ye, quiet with occasional sweet half-smiles.

I think this is the 1st time Min-ho said something that struck a chord with me. When he admitted that he is actually happy that Bo-young got rejected, I was like "Aw, boy, I know. I've been there too." I know how he would felt selfish and ashamed of his own thought. If that rejection happened because he meddle with Bo-young's love life like in last weeks ep, I would be mad at him and told him to repent in the corner. But it wasn't like that and he genuinely wish for Bo-young's happiness, which is a mature reaction. Even as a Ye-liner, I agree that this is his opportunity to take, and I won't begrudge him for using this moment to steal Bo-young's heart. (Well, I just need Dr. Ye to step up the game fast.)

On the other hand, my heart sinked the moment Dr. Ye rejected Bo-young. But at the same time, I'm glad he did that for a 'selfish' reason. I think I wouldn't be able to tolerate it if he took noble idiocy route, but he wasn't. He was just being human(!!!), afraid of this new feelings and how it could be used against him and also wanted to protect his own heart. Of course, later he came to realization that his own rejection already hurt him more. And now with the added spark of jealousy courtesy of Min-ho's impromptu trip, I want to see him make it up to Bo-young (maybe even grovel a bit) and win her heart. Because I'm still a Ye-liner all the way.

I love your observations about how Writer-nim turned Bo-young's fantasies into these bittersweet moments in episode 10. I chuckled a bit even though it is quite in line with her character that Bo-young would apologize to "Yeimaginary" for selfishly picturing him in her mind! I also thought it was hilarious that each time she thinks of Dr. Ye on the beach he would be in a different outfit.😆

I noticed the change in outfit too and I was again amazed with Bo-young's imagination!

I didn't think of the different outfits until you pointed it out.
The beach scenes reminded me a bit of Secret Garden when Kim Joo-won would imagine Gil Ra-im walking instep beside him.

Yes I thought the same. Lol I was even murmuring the rhyme that Kim Joo-won would sing when he imagines her with him!

Her imagination is on another level. Lol

*hi fi* to the different outfit observation... i found it pretty interesting that how come her subconscious mind thinks abt Dr. Ye in all different outfit as if he is coming to pay her heart a visit by stealing time from his own life every time she thinks of him. Its not like he was there with her all the time while she was on beach but rather he came here and there....
i loveddddd that whole Yeimaginary

Yes, I suffered with Jae wook, but I understood he doesn't want to make the same mistake again. He wants to protect himself for failures and sorrows.
Let's see if he can anyways, because his rejection seems to hurt him more than her.
And also, isn't it cool that now he is in the same situation Min ho is? Having rejected her, regretting it.
I wonder so much what will happen!!!!!

I'm a little confused as to which ship I'm on. I like Jae wook but there's something not quit right about him getting together with bo Young - I can't put my fingner on it. And while min ho needs a giant step forward to convince me he's the end game all the signs seem to point towards him. 🤷‍♀️

It's all very ambiguous. I'm being smart and not picking a ship! XD

I'm so proud of Bo-young when she asked Jae-wook (yep, we're on first name basis now) to keep some distance between them. It's hard, but our girl does what she has to to heal her broken heart. (Hint for Ye: the solution isn't to swear off love forever.) He deserves all the angst and heartbreak he's getting for his knee-jerk rejection of Bo-young. >:D

I'm so looking forward to the angst even if it makes my heart ache!

hehehe same to same... i am waiting for angst to kick in as soon as possible even at the cost of my sleep and heart's well being...

I am with you. I had the feeling if he would accept her so early and so easily, that ship won't go. But because he rejected her I thought: "ok, here we have room for a game", also we have absolutely room for growing, like indeed is already happening.
Even what she said to Min ho, I felt he took it to the heart, that she was selfish for confessing without thinking his heart (from Jae wook) was not ready.
Min ho will want to confess as well, but will likely remember her heart is not ready.
It hurts even to imagining it, even if it is Min ho who has to bite the dust, because he also rejected first... But it is an opportunity to grow as a person. And that growing is good for all of them. And actually the same applies to Jae wook.
I want them, or at least one of them to really have it hard now to conquer our wonderful girl, because she deserves some effort.

Even a Ye liner can acknowledge good things come out of nothing. Dr. Ye needs to finds his own heart and reasons why he likes her too, sincerely, and pursuit her, like a proper gentleman would do.
If she now resists, because she is hurt, then good. It is a good thing too.
True love is not easy.

I really like that the three friends decided to take Bo Young out to the beach. The look on Min Ho's face every time something happened to Bo Young was priceless. It looked like he genuinely cared for her without being obvious and just wanted to be a good friend.

I love how gratified Min-ho looks when Bo-young thanks him for cheering her up!

It's funny how he takes the boys aside and scolds them like a drill sergeant every time something bad happens to Bo-young XD

I was in stitches when he decided to go to the beach after seeing her in such a pathetic state even though he refused his roomies’ request earlier...the explanation was simply that he was “just kidding about his just kidding.” 😆

and then he agrees to buy clams and fireworks without thinking twice after he said no to the guys, lol.

lol! so obvious!

"just kidding about the just kidding" was gold!

I loved, loved, loved Min Ho scolding the boys.

"Eat your food quietly or I'm taking it away."
"Do you want me to kill you both?"
"Say that one more time."

He's like their dad! And he gave Nam Woo the stink eye for saying to Bo Young, "Our uniform suits you." 😂

Nam-woo and Joo-yong were totally the children of the scenario.

You know what I found sweetest? Bo-young didn't once complain, even after she was slapped in the face with seaweed. She's a saint.

She is just so lovely.....she told Min-ho that she wanted clams because Nam-woo and Joo-young wanted clams (although who could refuse those sad puppy pleading faces?)....she cooked the clams for everyone...she went into the ocean without hesitation to rescue 🐊.....and all of these Bo-young amazingness is from one beach scene!

I just love the inspired turn of the story that at the end of episode 9 after such a rough day Bo-young's tears are not caused by the vanished promise of a full-time position or by the rejection by Dr. Ye, but rather by shame for resenting Chief without understanding the difficult situation that he was given, or by guilt for selfishly putting her feelings ahead of Dr. Ye's when she was aware that he might not have healed from the previous relationship and does not want to date co-workers.

I have stated on the Fan Wall earlier that I never imagined that I would love a character who cries so much. Quite the opposite, I see Bo-young's tears as beautiful (and of course at times hilarious) because they are shed with empathy, and never due to self-pity or self-indulgence. How could Min-ho not fall deeper in love with her sitting next to her listening to her thoughts?

I haven't watch this drama yet... and only read recaps. But, boy... I already on team Minho already, eventho I am sure he is the second lead. Damn... Me and my chronic second lead syndrome!!! 😣😣😣

This time it may not be the "second lead" syndrome. Let's hope.

Min Ho is first lead. We know everything about him. We know his friends, his family, his inner thoughts, his point of view, his past. However, while Min Ho is first lead, he may not necessarily be endgame.

At the beginning, there were debates about who was the first lead (Lee Jun Hyuk is listed before Jang Dong Yoon in the cast, and Lee Jun Hyuk is on the top of the poster while Jang Dong Yoon is in the center of the poster), but to me, there is no doubt when watching this drama, so watch this drama!

This. That's why she's one of most relatable main lead I've seen so far. She feels like so human, like I've met her somewhere, like a friend that I want to protect. Or maybe me in some cases. Except the imagination part, I can never be that creative or go as far as eat a gauze xD. I fell deeper in love with Bo-Young when she cried not because of losing the permanent job position or being rejected, but because of for second, she wasn't able to think about the other person.

It's hard to find someone like her, so get your act together Dr. Ye, I'm still rooting for you but I'm preparing all the life jackets and some cotton candy to comfort me when this ship sinks.

Hi @neener. That sentence from @saya at the end of the comments also caught my eye. When I read it I thought that is the definition of empathy. Bo-young is one of the most empathetic characters I have come across in kdrama world.

I love Bo-young so much because of this. (And @saya 's comments made me tear up!)

Spot on @marcusnyc20! It's hard to find empathetic characters in kdramaland since everyone's pretty much selfish.

Sometimes it is hard to see them, because we are focused on the plot or the love story line. But actually, I can remember a couple of them: Kang soo in strongest deliveryman, Jung Eun-ji's Yeon-doo in sassy go go... 🙄
But you are right, those characters are rather rare.
And from all of those I have known so far, definitively Bo young is the most empathetic one😇
I love her!! 😍

I remember those characters. Who else? hhmmm I can't really think anymore xD

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

yes i agree! I found myself wanting to be more like BY as I watch this show.

She's a great girl! Because eating some gauze though ^^

What am I trying to say here? Gosh. Maybe instead of 'Because' it should be 'Except' idk. I was probably hungry when I wrote this.

Although to be completely honest, @neener, if Dr. Ye gives me gauze that looks like a cute baby duck I will eat it.

Can I have some then???????

Yep, a person like Bo-young does exist! - though only some her characters, as I had a friend in undergrad who is just like Bo-young. She always thinks of others before hers, she’s so naive yet funny, so pure, and she’s so obvious when she’s being in love. Watching this drama trully reminds me of her that I cuckled so much, LoL.

That's pretty awesome! Keep her xD

Off-course! We now work at the same building. Isn't amazing!!! HAHAHAHA.

I've already elaborated (not so eloquently ) my thoughts on the loveline in the fanwall. Now I just want to give a shout out to the writers for bringing to attention some very important real life happenings through the radiology and physiotherapy dept. Last week it was the sexual harassment accusations Kim dae bang had to go through when he asked the female patient to take her bra off so that it doesn't hinder the exam findings. This week it was the inexperienced tag that Joo yong had to go through, when he retaliated, he had to apologise even though it wasn't his fault.and it felt doubly worse when his own senior used that against him. I understand that we want someone with more experience to look after us when in the hospital,but I never thought how the junior hospital staff would feel after receiving such treatment from the patient. It is only by getting more exposure that we can become more experienced,but if we are denied that chance, how will we learn? I hope I'm making sense.
Also when a patient's daughter wanted a freebie maasage from Yoon joo . The hospital staff have to go through so much to give us proper care, but if they try to exercise their rights they're harassed. of course not all hospital staff are that dedicated( I think) but the writers are doing a good job portraying these situations.
There are so many issues like this that the show can cover, but instead we're getting saddled with the love triangle. I know it's an important part ( the most important part) of the story, but can we have a winner already? I'm tired and losing sleep over this. At this point, I'm fine with whoever it is, because minho has redeemed himself(though he has a long way to go) and je wook was an idiot(though he had his valid reasons- I'm just pissed). i just want whoever it is to be decided next week so that we can atleast get 2 weeks of them acting cute together. But will it happen?

WOW I didn't realise about how they were bringing attention to important issues- I just thought it was part of the plot. Thanks for highlighting this 🙌

I second this. I want them to get the lifeline going already so that not only do we get more time to focus on other issues in the hospital, and other character arcs, but we also then get to see our couple grow into their relationship. Right now as much as I would like Bo-young to end up with one or the other guy, their future still seems very murky to me. I can't imagine them in an actual relationship. As much as I love the triangle, I'm watching this show for the character arcs. At the end of the day, I don't want all the development to happen in the last episode and for the characters to grow off screen after a couple of years time jump.

As much as I love the triangle, I'm watching this show for the character arcs
Thank you, @silvermists... me too!
For instance, I have enjoyed all small patients and their relative's stories... And like Saya said, how they decide to live, recover and carry on no matter what happened to them before.
I love the humor in this drama, it is sometimes light, but sometimes deep, showing emotions that we can sympathise with, like the Chief believing he is making Bo Young cry, and saying he should die! 😂😂
Dr. Ye giving himself advice in front of the mirror was also epic!

The humor is sometimes simply ridiculous without turning vulgar, not even when bo young co-workers would tease her and laugh about her. I know it was mean, but you can feel, it was not ill natured. At the end, none of them would really want to hurt her.

And then again, this is something so refreshing about YWFP: there are no chaebols, no political conspiracy, no evil in laws, no birth secrets, no annoying second leads, no prosecutors, no murder...
I mean, how GOOD this drama is?!!!
And most characters are totally likeable!
At the end of the day, I don't care too much the love lines (all of them). I care about the human aspect of this show and that is why I keep tuned, looking forward to it every week. 😍😍😍😍😍

I agree, though I admit, I like how things are going right now with the lovelines because the developments feel in line with the characters. I like that they didn't have Doctor Ye suddenly ready to accept Bo-young's feelings. He didn't think of their relationship in a romantic context, but now that her feelings for him are getting under his skin, he's starting to gradually notice her effect on him. I think we're at the perfect point right now to get the loveline going next week, either with Doctor Ye and Bo-young getting together or Min-ho successfully catching Bo-young's attention again.

Hopefully the show won't jerk us around too much, because they've done a good job of not doing that so far (at least, not in a way that feels sacrificial to character integrity etc.) and it feels like the right time for something concrete to happen.

I do think the show does a pretty good job of balancing the love triangle with the other character arcs too, so that's part of why I don't mind the show taking its time.
Like how Bo-young realized not to wallow too much in her crush because she recognized others had more reason to suffer, the show does a good job balancing the romance with character growth and takes the time to highlight other conflicts, so overall I'm pretty satisfied.

Thank you for providing such a clear-headed analysis @chandler I too am happy with the balance between the love triangle and other character developments so far. I only hope the writer doesn't go the Reply route and mess with shippers hearts too much... I also remember how Drinking Solo ended and am starting to prepare myself for some kind of open ending. As long as the characters are set on a path of future happiness I will be satisfied.

I was livid when the guardian asked for a massage. Lady, she's a doctor, not a masseuse!! Then she offered to pay and got all indignant when Yoon Joo refused, like so damn entitled! Thank goodness Dae Bang was there to defend Yoon Joo.

That's the thing. Why does someone need to defend her? She has every right to refuse. I know she wants to be on good terms with the patient's relative to avoid future awkwardness, but there's a line that needs to be drawn to ensure they don't step on your pride and look down on your job. Unfortunately, when they point it out, the patients act all entitled. I'm not saying everyone acts like that but it's not uncommon either.

Born a Ye Liner, die a Ye Liner this Petty Noona has been and will always be because, Dr. Ye is my jam, but I was secretly agreeing with many of you that Min-ho is written more like a typical K-drama lead, with the bickering, the foes-to-friends-to-lovers troping and the chaeboling. But after episode 10 when Dr. Ye starts to recite that beautiful poem "It Only Rained After You Left" I felt relieved. It reminds me of the mid-way through the run of Because This Life is Our First we finally get to hear from Se-hee's point of view. This feels like a confirmation if there is ever was one that Dr. Ye is the hero of the story. We are now getting to understand his true feelings and now we will witness the real growth of their relationship. Or yes, Writer-nim could just be seriously messing with us and I am a devoted and willing victim.

Unfortunately for the Ye Liners, this show has clearly portrayed Bo Young as having a tendency to wild overblown romantic fixations of unobtainable men as a way to avoid intimacy. And that her love for Dr Ye is exactly that.

Basically, the show is spending a lot of time showing us that her real human person relationship is with Min Ho.

Now, in my somewhat humble opinion, I think that Dr Ye is better for her (or will be once she gets over her fantasy thing). But since this a kdrama, I think her Yelationship is doomed. Mea culpa.

I consider Dr. Ye as a better friend to Bo-young than Min-ho ever was by supporting her, encouraging her, and sympathize with her when others tease her. Even when he was rejecting her romantic feelings he was trying to be kind and considerate....

What do you see in Bo-young to lead you to think that she has a tendency to avoid intimacy by fixating on unobtainable men?

That would be the two times we've seen her fixate on unobtainable men.

I just think it's very telling that she's "getting over" Doctor Ye with Min Ho while Doctor Ye is alone. From a narrative perspective. I mean, I'm talking about the writers here. As I said, I think she and Dr Ye would be better together. He's self-sufficient and tends to reciprocate her gestures so she wouldn't be doing all the work in the relationship and he clearly needs somebody to bring him out of his shell and get him to enjoy life more.

I also want to know why Bo-young is considered afraid of intimacy? :O

Min-ho and Dr Ye aren't unobtainable. Min-ho pretended to be nice to her: flirting with her (date me if I take you to work on time), lying about liking poetry, spending more time with her than the other groupmates-- to get her to finish his project. In her eyes they were "close" and she had a chance.

Same goes for Ye. At first she thought she had a chance, then got corrected and was content to love him from afar, but then it's actually Ye who was drawn to her and started treating her differently than the rest of the team. It's not wrong for her to think she had a chance...

I'm surprise there has been so little mention of Bo Young's fantasy sequences, complete with ballroom dancing, building-side banners and heart-shaped balloons. Compare that to 'My Ajusshi' where their big fantasy sequence was of their mother's funeral.

I'll admit I love all the tropes that come with Min-ho. Also, his little moments of happiness that are starting to show around Bo Young.
And on a shallower note his adorable face.
However, I am loving that Dr. Ye was kind and respectful to her right from the start. That he saw her value and strengths as a co worker and person before any potential romance.
Maybe because I'm of a certain age I find his quiet maturity and confidence very attractive. Plus, he's handsome.

Hehe I would never dare to underestimate the healing power of a puppy even if all the adorableness requires much patience, time, and energy to train it to behave in a socially acceptable way!

But then again when the puppy makes a boo boo, there is nothing else to do but to forgive!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I'm with you about the comparison between BTLIOF and YWFP, every time Bo Young reads a poem it reminds me of JiHo and the narration of her point of view of the situation she was living, which was one of the main things I liked about that drama.
I'm still a Yeliner, even though he rejected Bo Young his decision was totally reasonable considering what he had to go through before. I had the impression that he was going to give himself a shot with BY but after going to the funeral and meeting his ex, he changed his mind because of fear of getting hurt again.

Lee Yu-bi's voice is cotton candy. I just love when she recites these beautiful poems with the soft and dolce tone. The beautiful deliveries of the soft declaration to Dr. Ye that she will overcome this and the quiet request to not treat her well even when she looks upset broke my heart....

I agree! I love it when she reads the poems! It feels like Woo Bo-young has been doing it for years, finding comfort in those words and knowing the right places to stop and let the meaning soak through you.

I love Kim Sun-ah but while watching a clip of Should We Kiss where she reads a poem, I noticed how much different it sounds when Lee Yubi read it. Also, I love my Weasel Lee Joon-hyuk, but Ye also didn't have that *snap fingers* Bo-young way of reading poetry.

I'm so sad about the show's ratings because it looks like SK won't see Lee Yubi much in this. Poor girl got flak in her past roles though I think she's a decent (very adorable) young actress T____T

I could totally imagine Led Yu-bi being a radio host late at night interviewing people to help telling their moving life stories (perhaps ones many of us would love if Radio Romance would focus much more on!)

Ugh it just kills me that ratings wise, this show has been lumped in with The great Seducer when its miles and miles beyond that in terms of acting, directing, plot, etc. I wish more people would give this show the kind of love it deserves.

Agree...the ratings are disheartening because you can really feel/see the amount of love everyone involved is pouring into it. Shame that it feels as if this isn't being recognized.

Yes, I felt the exact same way with I'm Not a Robot, too. Both shows are such gems and it's sad when the ratings are so low because you know that everyone involved must be thinking about it even if they try not to.

Ratings =/= quality, as we all know, but I think they do affect what types of dramas will continue to be made in the future.

I still can't believe INAR was a ratings flop (I just recently watched so I had no idea until I found myself looking for pics and whatnot) that show had SO much heart!
Totally agree, these 2 are gems, and I don't get why they don't connect with the SK audience. It is sad because everyone involved will have that 'ratings flop' tag on their backs whenever their next project comes, and definitely, it could also affect what dramas we'll get next :/

Coincidentally, my favorite U.S. show has the distinction of being the lowest rated TV show to ever be renewed.

I don't know if I'm on a ship or not, but Min ho and crew just seem like more fun in general :)

While Jae Wook is straitlaced, we also don't know anything about him. I think I've seen his house once? In Episode 4 when he was reading Bo Young's drunk poetry texts.

And that is the main obstacle Ye Liner has to overcome: we don't know the guy well. Most of what we have seen is Bo Young's imagination. They have talked off-screen (like how did he know she likes going for walks?) but by kdrama standards hs still more mysterious than Min Ho, who is an open book for us.

Remember in ep 5, when he treated her to dinner for helping him with his presentation (where she was basically yazzled by him and so were we), he told her that she could've waited at the restaurant and he would get his car and pick her up? She told that she likes walking. And then the second bout of imagination happened with her hands in his pocket?
Yenother point for him to remember such a tiny detail in a passing conversation which even we couldn't remember.
*slightly yelarmed at the no of rewatches I've done*

LOL. I am ashamed for being yedazzled at that time and not noticing such small details, which obviously he and dedicated viewers like you did.

Your power of yebservation is yempressive. Don't be yelarmed, your yebsessiveness is uncontrolled, yet.

*not out of control

LOL LOL and LOL with all the ye-words. And we will need more!!!😍😂😍
Thank you for making me yesmile so much.
I hadn't read all the comments before.
@superwhopotterlock, please include me in the edition of our ye-ctionary when is on construction. Ye know, Yeliners can always yelp each other 😂

@javinne, thank you so much! I'm not the only one who's coming up with it. All ye-liners can contribute for the first Yedition( this was coined by @korfan) of the Yencyclopaedia,which sounds better than Yectionary!

@egads you mean not yet yout of control right? ;-) I since-yely hope so.

You cleared my confusion before I typed the comment hehe.

These Ye-word threads are hilarious! 😂

@giegie0384 thanks for yeppreciating our yefforts. Even we're yestonished at our yecomplishments. We may need to publish a ye-ctionary by the end of this drama.

You can always watch safely from our island. We’re stocked with drinks and food (cotton candy, French fries pizza) and we have a “healing center” to heal broken hearts! The “weather forecaster” on the island have been uncannily accurate @greenfields!

You can always trust the Weather Bureau to bring you the most updated and accurate forecasts. I've submitted my on-site data and am eagerly awaiting reporter-nim's forecast, which should be out over the weekend if I'm correct.

The Daebang- Yoon Joo ship is starting to sail faster than any of Bo Young's 😂 but I don't mind it because we're finally able to see the first sprouts of character growth. Min Ho finally deciding and realizing that as a good friend he has to put Bo Young's feelings first, especially now since she's devastated and crushed at the same time. I loved how he decided to go to the beach and set up fireworks impromptu because Bo Young wanted a distraction 🙌 Now it's easier to root for him. Simultaneously I love that Dr.Ye is finally opening up and letting out his feelings eg. going out for a drink with co-workers. He's starting to realise the value of Bo Young.

Most of all tho, I'm loving how selfless and hardworking Bo Young is- she really does value other people's feelings and her empathy is on a whole new level. So it's understandable how she would have been a candidate for the "customer service" award. It's because she personalises every treatment- providing individual care and support and I LOVE that especially because medicine wasn't even her passion- literature was. She's a rare bundle of joy, a ray of sunshine and when she's sad it doesn't go unnoticed.

The case about the old man wanting to walk again and his love for his wife made my heart tingle with sadness. Cases like that really do exist and I wouldn't want to see the aftermath once he realises his wife is dead and that his efforts are in "vain". Hoping his son helps him out.

Chief is really also shaping up to be a great character. He showed his concern for the staff in ep9 despite Dr.Park's "betrayal" when he aligned with Dr.Ye. He understood the responsibilities that the head of a household had and he didn't blacklist Dr.Park. Moreover, he felt like he had to take responsibility for Bo Young's tear leaks. YAY Chief! 👏

The friendship between the boys is the best, it's the highlight, the showdone. There's just so much character growth- Joo Young used to be a shut-in and always ignored them but now he's going along with their crazy plans, helping them out. Nam Woo's and Joo Young's bickering would always pull Bo Young out from her bleak fantasies and that says something about how noisy they are as a duo!

Finally: RIP 🐊 I hope you resurrect in typical k-drama fashion

It was actually not shown whether 🐊 really disappeared. The last I saw of it, Bo young had it, even though she fell into the water, but she could have still had it in her hand, I mean.
If there is no mention of it in the next episodes, I will understand it was gone. But I still believe nam woo will sew it again. This is such a nice subplot in the drama!! Nam woo and his alligator!!😬😂😬 so cute!

I hope Min Ho either buys his bestie a new shirt or an alligator patch 😊

I was shouting, "Min Ho, just buy your best friend a new Lacoste shirt!" but then Nam Woo would probably go into his '10 years ago' story again.

😂 10 Years ago when I was rich I had so many shirts but I was only left with Alligator *proceed with sad pouty face*

I think Min-ho is just being mindful of Nam-woo's pride! Of course by now he could've bought him hundreds of shirts, but he knows he doesn't want his "pity" (kind of like how he could've lived with him in the fancy apartment, but wanted to take matters into his own hands)

Joo Yong needs to buy Nam Woo a new alligator shirt or I'll take it he was jealous and ripped Alligator off on purpose. Did you see his face when alligator went missing? What kind of love triangle do we have here? #jokingnotjoking

After witnessing Joo Young and Nam Woo's hilarious (and touchy-feely cutesy) reenactment of Min Ho hugging Bo Young who knows maybe there really is a love triangle 😂😂

Joo Yong/Alligator/Nam Woo triangle is no joke.

I started to do a little research with the idea of getting Nam-woo's face on the side of buses in Seoul in a Lacoste ad.
I figure would certainly help him with his financial situation.
The first thing I discovered is that the polo shirt is called the Lacoste Crocodile shirt.
Maybe Nam-woo in not wearing Lacoste.
Here is an article about the shirt and how Rene Lacoste went from alligator to crocodile:

My attempt at formatting italic failed on my last post.

Thank you @mary for fixing my post.
You seem to be a very patient teacher
of tags to us.

I don't know about the Daebang- Yoon Joo ship starting to sail. 54 text messages is a red light in any (relation)ship.

It absolutely is which is why I hope Yoon Joo's attitude rubs off on Dae Bang- he really needs some psychiatric counseling since his indecisiveness really is severe.

yep, true. So severe that I don't think such kind of characters exist in real life. He needs psychiatric evaluation. I still believe that the writers based the character on his real self (not the severe indecisiveness, just the constant worry). Haha

Hi @saya. Thanks again for the wee or mini-recaps. Episodes 9 and 10 were much better than 7 and 8. After episodes 7 and 8 I thought we were almost back to square one.
When Min-ho approached that bench at the end of episode 9 I thought to myself, "well Min this is it, this is your opportunity to change right now". I am pleased with him and his reaction to Bo-young's distress. (I also kept thinking c'mon Min put your arm around that girl but then maybe that would have been too much.)
All was going well until the end of episode 10 when a bit of the old Min-ho came out and he sent that selfie to Dr. Ye.

I don't think he sent the selfie I think he changed his profile pic on the chat and Dr.Ye enlarged that to see the new pic and then so Bo Young. (I'm not sure but it was what I gathered).

Your are probably right. I am one of the least tech savvy persons out there and with smartphones forget it.
Thanks.

Yep, he changed his profile pic, which means everyone who's friends with him on KakaoTalk can see the new pic, including Bo Young.

He didn't send the selfie. Its his profile pic in his KaTok app

Ok people. I have to say this:
I am in front of the best love triangle I have seen my whole life. I mean... in a drama.
And I have heard some mentioning "jealousy incarnate" (but I didn't watch that show, because I dislike the actress)... Maybe this drama has a better triangle, but we are not there.
Here:
I am so excited that I really don't know who she will end up with.. I really have no clue! And it is delicious to find out. 😄

Still, of course, I am a Ye liner and I keep my loyalty intact unless the party makes himself unworthy. But boy no, Jae wook proved himself today finally an emotional person, finally sinking his heart on the reason why it hurts, and somehow regretting?? We will find out.

Min ho is turning better, really bring a friend, and falling harder for her.
I also agree that it seems Bo young is more herself when she is with him, but some people has forgotten something: she was also the same with Min ho at the beginning and if he wouldn't have rejected her at least two things would/could have happened:
1. She would have behaved angelical longer, because of these first stages in love, etc... showing herself eventually anyways, with bickering, embarrassment, etc...
2. They would have grown mature together and he wouldn't even have noticed the difference of how she acts when she is infatuated and how she acts when she has grown in love.

Which leads me to my ship again. True, she seems to worship Jae wook, but I wouldn't say she is not herself with him, she is all that too: kind, sweet, thoughtful, poetry inclined, sensitive, she is all that with him too, and now that he also rejects, I loved she showed him how mature she can be by telling him to step back and apologising for making him feel uncomfortable.
Interestingly, I have the feeling that he is falling for her also because of that, seeing she is not only a junior, sensitive, romantic girl prompt to cry, but she is a woman who also knows how to protect herself and behave with dignity even after so many disappointments.

Yes, she is more like "infatuated" with Jae wook (just like she was once with Min ho), she doesn't know him personally, just professionally. They don't have yet a deeper relationship, and they are not in equal levels. Ask that is totally true. Dr. Ye is a reserved person. I thought he would tell Chief and dr. Park when he got drunk, but he didn't. He is reserved even when he is drunk, but...
if this ship sails, they will get to know each other better and see if they really match together. That is what dating is for. They can grown in love together. 😊

I still have hopes for my ship, and I still like Ye Jae wook very much. He is difficult, but he is interesting, sometimes sweet too, kind and respectful. He is fair. He is somewhat handsome. And, something that breaks my heart: he is lonely. It wouldn't hurt for him to have Bo young, she would complement him very well and make him happy. 😇

On the other way around,...

On the other way around, because he is so grounded, he could offer her stability, he would help her a lot in her career, and his quiet demeanor will complement her love for poetry.

Still... I must stay this also very loud: none of them deserves her 100%. I think as a person she is and will always be way better than Min ho or Jae wook.

But I am willing to avoid neutrality because she is also romantic and it is ok for her to have the boyfriend experience. That being said: Ye line all the way. ♥

TRUTH. The boys just aren't there yet in terms of emotional maturity. Nam-woo seems to be the most emotionally mature guy of them all. Too bad he's devoted to his alligator.

You got it, girl! Also, I don’t really like Gong Hyo Jin either. I thought I was the only one.

@javinne, I also had that feeling, that the moment she told him she was going to be fine, he realized that she was more mature than she seems, because despite her super cute eccentricities she’s very mature. And maybe that made him feel more bad for rejecting her, because he’s doing it because he thinks the same story could be repeated, but the thing is, it can’t be repeated because she’s a totally different person than her ex, Bo-young is on a different level, and after what she said, he can see it more clearly, or rather, it’s as if he had officially confirmed it, then, the rejection doesn’t feel right or logical.

I gave the show a try because it was wee-capped last week & it sounded fun. It is okay except Bo Young tear-up too much, too many times. I rolled my eyes every time she gets her colleagues or buddies asking her why is she crying. I was like 'hello, didn't you know, her nickname is cry baby, yada'.

For ep9 & 10, I just fast forwarded the frame whenever she started crying and most of the times, I get another frame where she cried over something else.

I feel like only Dr Ye is acting here and I can't un-see Defconn in Kim Dae Bang (silly grin whenever he's in the frame).

Ok, I sounded like a frustrated me, hopefully we will get the cute stuff in the next few episodes.

Maybe you fast forwarded too much??? 🙄🙄
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

omg! Is this becoming a regular recap now?? SQUEEE.

I love both ships. I was really happy with how bittersweet this episode was, with how BY was sorry for being selfish and thinking about herself in being disappointed about chief not leaving/her not getting the job, and for confessing so soon. I could relate, because those emotions are such a reflex action, but she's such a lovely soft-hearted person that she feels sorry for being that way! Don't be, BY!!

I really enjoyed that there were cracks in Dr Ye's facade, from him being stumped at seeing BY's face on the screen, to drinking and being mopey. I also enjoyed seeing MH being nice! I knew it was in him but he had been immature for too many episodes and I was on the verge of not wanting him to end up with BY. But now, I'm back on the fence.

And dear Chief!! I was a little sad that he would be leaving because he's a really nice person too :-) But he's staying! Yay! But such a relatable thing, wanting to go to somewhere where you're wanted and needed.

I think I've said this before and I'll say this again, this really gives me Reply 1997 vibes (which is a great thing, it's my fave drama) because (1) the themes always dovetail in nicely together, consistently throughout all the characters (2) there isn't a "bad guy" (like in MHOJD, for example, the sunbae is) and (3) the main character, BY and Siwon in R97 all fell deeply. Ah.

Watching this makes me want to become more like BY, and bring light to those around me. BTW, I told my mum because of this show I wanted to read Korean poems -- and guess what. Last night, I found a whole pile of Korean books at the lift lobby! Someone had thrown them out, but I'm giving them a new home :-)

Thank you @saya for the weecap! Your commentary touches my heart, especially this line, "…people make choices to go on with life, to get better, no matter what has happened to them. "

Am I the only one who didn't see Dae-bang and Yoo-joo together until this episode and now I want to see it so much? I am really liking their interactions whether they are fighting or standing up for each other, they have a great dynamic. Also, I feel Yoo-joo could just make the decisions and tell Dae-bang what's up.

Namwoo, Minho, and Jooyoung silliness and friendship trully remind me of the Noryangjin trio. 😂😂😂. Bo-young could possibly the No Geu-rae, and Dr Kim is that sunbae female teacher who I forgot the name. 😬😬😬.

I was wondering why the characters keep misunderstanding things, and it’s inline with Bo-young hallucination states. 😆😆😆😆

These what make this drama special.

@lemoncello I was thinking the same thing.

Why do so many characters dive immediately into the sea of misunderstanding and keep splashing around in there when there is a quiet pool of reasonable explanations to be had.

They could also have just listened (usually to Bo Young in previous episodes) before jumping in with their wild imaginings. However, when I think about it, that's how people are when reasons/things are not clear. They need to make it understandable for themselves and hit on a likely scenario based on their own experience. I read that this is the source of rumours. ;> However our crazy rehab characters take it many steps too far and either add to our laughs or makes us roll our eyes or both!

@growingbeautifully, maybe this drama shows us, that most of us - human - usually makes our own judgements and prejudices without even bother to confirm what's exactly going on. And that's how the rumours start. LoL.

True, just that in a drama, it's done so DRAMATICALLY 😜

I’m just upvoting coz I don’t have time to read everyone’s comments yet, RIP to our Alligator Couple. :(*

Thanks for the weecap, Saya! ^^

It was truly an episode of unrequited love and letting those we love go. Into the ocean. To be swept away forever.

Thank you for the recap @saya ^^ Your take on Bo Young is so positive & so beautifully explained, that's what I feel too & I think her character really drew all the poemies to this drama :-) The ships are an added bonus of course, but the general story line & progression of each character are the main focal point for me.

"Min-ho is so considerate of her that I’ve already forgotten the jerk of the last few weeks, and she’s grateful for the diversion they provide. " Same. The charms of dramaland's character changing pollicy......

And for some reason, Adele's "Someone Like You" is playing inside my head.

My heart was breaking for Bo Young.

But even more for Dr Ye. Because Bo Young will ultimately be okay. She has friends, she has HERSELF being awesome and open and hopeful and loving.

Dr Ye seems completely willing to just suffer in quiet forever and not let himself be happy in case he gets hurt again.

I'm also so proud of Min Ho, finally he lets himself care for Bo Young without having to be a gigantic ass about it. (Only a lovable little one)

My heart is breaking when Minho said to Bo-Young "It's really pretty..." while looking at her face lovingly, while Bo-Young unaware and busy looking the fireworks. I feel you, Minho.

Thanks Saya! What a great review in your comments. The symbiotic connection in healing is so true. And it works in the area of forgiveness as well ... forgiving others heals oneself.

The halfway point in a series (especially the light and fluffy ones) really makes or breaks our interest in the show. In this show, it's a winning turning of the corner, and actually such a relief that Min Ho's character is not still stuck in jerk-dom.

I re-watched to see if there was some kind of gradual progression, but did not really detect any, so it's been a pretty sudden change (and thus less convincing) in Min Ho, but it's still welcome, nonetheless. I imagine in the interest of time we have now to work on developing the 'real' loveline or building that 'ship', so we don't need a long drawn out character development, just, you know ... lots of sweet coupley moments.

It's interesting, though, that Dr Ye is as affected as he is. Perhaps he sees in Bo Young, something of his own struggles and suffering when he was betrayed. I hope this next half of the series gives him the chance to practise more of those smiles.

And I really LOLed over the image of the 4 doctors scampering in the sand and sea looking for an 'Alligator', of all things... not a hermit crab or turtle or even 'Jaws' but an alligator!! Don't think alligators are found in Asia, somehow... I know the closest thing we have are crocodiles. :>

BTW @saya
I was just wondering if I'm reading this paragraph right:

Are our soul-sisters Nam Woo and Joo Yong? And our 'loveline couple' Nam Woo and Min Ho? Or do you mean the 'loveline couple' is also Nam Woo and Joo Yong (which is what I think you mean)?

Soul-sisters = Nam-woo and Joo-yong, loveline = Nam-woo and Min-ho

will add more later, now I'm late for work XD XD

I ship Nam-woo and Joo-yong too. They just need to flip, but that chemistry is palpable. It's the hate-love relationship that I really like, and if there was a drama with just them, I would eat it up and ask for seconds.

Min-ho's behaviour could be perceived as a sudden change, but I personally think that admitting his feelings to himself was like flicking a switch that dropped the curtain he'd been using to hide the goodness in him that was there all along?

I soften a bit to Min Ho this week but Ye Line is still floats my boat! I can’t wait to witness our stoic Dr Ye act out in jealousy (he has done it before!). Cannot wait!!!

I love how Cry baby was sad not for the rejection but for approaching Ye when his heat was still not healed! How selfless was that? It made me really admire her more!

And aww the alligator! Hahahha! Hilarious! Love those guys together!

ALL POEMS FROM EPISODES 9-10

(Ep. 9, First Poem, 00:33:22)

”Me,” by Kim Yong Taek.

As I think of you
if I look at the mountains on a rainy day in May
I run out of breath completely.
Please have me before I run out of breath.

Last line makes me laugh for some reason. :D

That line is indeed...interesting. As I read it again I thought I made a mistake. Turns out I did make a mistake and it was not with the line but with the timestamp. It's actually 00:28:44. I used the time remaining timestamp by accident. Hope I didn't do the same for the others. Woops! 😅