[Theme of the Month] Work, life, balance, and K-dramas
To this day, one of my favorite reader stories here on Dramabeans is the one of a drama fan who worked at a government office and sent her important boss on trumped-up appointments all day long… just so she could watch dramas at work. Back in the day, I’ll confess to calling in “sick” to catch the finale of a show I was desperately into because I didn’t want to spend all day distracted and fantasizing about the last episode until I could watch it later. But what’s a drama-addicted fan to do when there are real-life obligations (and obstacles) that cut in on drama-watching time?
Maybe you’ve made changes to your work because of dramas, or conversely, your work has changed how you see dramas. Perhaps a drama has shifted your idea of what a professional career is like, or even shaped the direction you’ve taken in yours.
How have dramas shaped, changed, or affected your working lives or careers?
I know you guys have stories, so lay ’em on me.
- Email your submissions to [email protected] If you have a registered Dramabeans account, include your handle so we can link to it.
- Include at least 1 image, though more is preferred.
- Suggested length: Between 500 and 1,000 words.
- Deadline: We will post these on a rolling basis, so we’re taking submissions now. We will cut off accepting submissions on June 26. If you miss this month, join us for a new theme next month!
- [Theme of the Month] Dramas and food
- [Theme of the Month] Drama-induced shopping
- [Theme of the Month] Best friends forever
- [Theme of the Month] One True Pairings
- [Theme of the Month] In defense of…
- [Theme of the Month] Tell us about your year in dramas
- [Theme of the Month] Write an alternate ending to a drama whose ending sucked
- [Theme of the Month] Escapism vs. Realism
- [Theme of the Month] Our relationship to music and dramas
- [Theme of the Month] Challenge! Revisit an old drama
- [Theme of the Month] How have your K-drama tastes changed over time?
- What’s your dramaland catnip? Tell us your stories!
Tags: Theme of the Month