[Theme of the Month] What dramas need a sequel?
Although dramaland has been giving us more sequels in recent years than it has historically done, K-dramas are still not a format that is wont to produce additional seasons, no matter how the fans clamor or how much the material seems ripe for further exploration. Of course, even in those rare cases, it’s an even rarer event that a new season can reproduce the magic of the initial one, so just because we get a sequel doesn’t mean it’s what we wanted (…I’m lookin’ at you, IRIS).
But that doesn’t stop us from wishing, dreaming, and sometimes fanfic-writing our own ideas for subsequent adventures featuring our favorite casts and fictional worlds, and now’s your chance to share.
What drama do you think needs another season, and what plot would those additional episodes feature?
- Email your submissions to [email protected] If you have a registered Dramabeans account, include your handle so we can link to it.
- Include at least 1 image, though more is preferred.
- Suggested length: Between 500 and 1,000 words.
- Deadline: We will post these on a rolling basis, so we’re taking submissions now. We will cut off accepting submissions on July 26. If you miss this month, join us for a new theme next month!
- [Theme of the Month] Work, life, balance, and K-dramas
- [Theme of the Month] Dramas and food
- [Theme of the Month] Drama-induced shopping
- [Theme of the Month] Best friends forever
- [Theme of the Month] One True Pairings
- [Theme of the Month] In defense of…
- [Theme of the Month] Tell us about your year in dramas
- [Theme of the Month] Write an alternate ending to a drama whose ending sucked
Tags: Theme of the Month