JTBC in casting mode for satirical comedy Princess Maker

Yeom Jung-ah, Oh Na-ra, Kim Jung-eun

So, basically I saw the title Princess Maker and the word satire and went, “I’m in!” It’s a new JTBC drama in the works, and it’s described as a black comedy dealing with the top 0.1% of society. I’m a bit tired of dramas dealing with the creme de la creme (i.e., uppity rich folks), but hearing it’s a satirical comedy has me a lot more intrigued.

There were knee-jerk initial reports of Kim Jung-eun (Duel, Make a Woman Cry) being considered for the drama, but those were swiftly denied. Yeom Jung-ah (Mirror of the Witch, My Neighbor’s Wife) and Oh Na-ra (My Ajusshi, Woman of Dignity), however, are currently considering the project that takes place in a four-story apartment building in the suburbs of Seoul inhabited by a number of professionals: doctors, judges, prosecutors, professors, and their wives. (Ugh, I hate that all the professionals are the husbands and the drama is about their wives, but I suppose there’s an interesting story to be told in this setup.)

The wives all hail from prestigious and highly educated backgrounds, and part of the plot will feature their efforts to get their children admitted into universities. Some grew up in families with multiple generations of doctors or lawyers, and their ambitions will be depicted with realism and comedy. It sounds sort of like a tweaked Woman of Dignity, where the hyper-focus on the absurd lives that the characters live gives it a twisted sense of humor. And while it’s too bad Kim Jung-eun is out, I can absolutely see Yeom Jung-ah killing it in this kind of milieu; her intensity and charismatic energy would make her a force to be reckoned with.

Princess Maker will be directed by PD Jo Hyun-tak of Daemul, Maids, and Mirror of the Witch (ah, he’s very good!) and written by Yoo Hyun-mi of Gaksital and Golden Cross. The drama is aiming for a weekend timeslot to follow Third Charm, which follows the currently airing My ID is Gangnam Beauty.

Via Sports Seoul, Star News, FN News

Tags: ,

Can we get some updates on Love Alarm? What is the casting status for the drama?

Huh... I don't know any of them.

I didn't recognize Yeom Jung-ah as the crazy powerful shaman in Mirror of the Witch. But Oh Na-ra I've seen in different shows and liked a lot. :)

So, basically I saw the title Princess Maker and the word satire and went, “I’m in!” Same same same. this sounds super intriguing

"(Ugh, I hate that all the professionals are the husbands and the drama is about their wives, but I suppose there’s an interesting story to be told in this setup.)"

I totally agree with you, @javabeans , because if "...The wives all hail from prestigious and highly educated backgrounds...", then my question is, then, why are THEY not depicted as the professional "doctors, judges, prosecutors, professors" instead of the husbands????? *Sigh*

I had the same question!

Ikr! Don't let this be another Desperate Housewifes! Not when they cast Oh Na Ra.

Love jTBC for producing dramas for the women in the 40s. They are more capable of powerful performances especially Yeom Jung-ah.

I love Oh Na Ra in My Ahjussi :)

Sounds interesting.

I like the premise and coz of Oh Na Ra whom I loved in My Ahjusshi I definitely want to watch this drama.😍

Tiger moms! I'm also in.

by a bowel cancer tumors not just for 'an good old person's disease'

when Cathy johnson

digestive tract condition of the supporting 50 is booming and also ideas it's actually "an existing man's malady" continues to be to a certain extent with regard to younger somebody overlooking critical indications or symptoms, all new research suggests.

deliver: IStockPhoto WebSubstance]

just think you may be young and invincible? intestinal cancer tumors australia has a voice message requirements.

if you've got tummy ache, bloodstream within your digestive tract stances, Or some new bowel appearance (irregularity quite possibly diarrhea) that may be held up the lot more than two weeks, call at your gp it does not matter your age.

That's the main factor the operation wants to extend, After the making of an additional take a look at men and women identified as having by a bowel cancerous in advance of when that flipped 50. laptop computer of 200 workers is near 20 % using the 1100 diagnosed on that grow older just about every year.

despite colon malignant is normally Australia's second typical murderer, It's a sickness younger adult men and women as well as her gps really don't consider in the event examining symptoms and signs, replies one particular organisation's leader Julien Wiggins. that even if signs of illness have emerged so put to work within.

"up to a third surveyed continued to wait three months or more to hunt health advice, chnlove Review no matter what going through distinguish scenario signs and symptoms, Wiggins tells.

a bit of saw bloodstream vessels using by a bowel movements also laid off because preparing to have originate haemorrhoids, he explained. people today seasoned physical distress while issue it really signalled a stomach pest. even rest are already so full or shy to observe your physician when it comes to information on signals or symptoms they would observed.

"everyone in your point might be something sinister is certainly not on radar,

this is exactly considered to explain how come half the employees interviewed were being first diagnosed with state 3 aka 4 of the disease. this implies cancer has now stretch outside of the colon into lymph ChnLove Real OR Fake nodes or numerous parts, making it feel like more troublesome to treat.

upsetting riseOne excuse i would say the complacency is generally premiums about intestinal cancers ages in younger actually are widening. essentially, within just those types of past 30 39, there is a 35 per cent heighten between the two 1990 and 2010, even though stabilising or a decreasing statistics in older people (moreover since greater assessment and as well surveillance individuals within and the higher).

in addition physiology of a forming our escalation remains to be a bigger picture.

by a bowel sarcoma would be in depth associated with...