Dramabeans is seeking a senior editor!
The time has come to admit we here at Dramabeans can’t do it all, and haven’t been doing it all for a while because “it all” turns out to be a never-ending amount of coverage and news and material. Since our call for minion applications was such a success two years ago, we decided to reach out to you all again to look for the magical fairy editor we need to help us handle the day-to-day editorial, planning, and management aspects of running Dramabeans.
If you feel the job description below speaks to you and your skills, we want to hear from you! This position is paid, full-time (salary TBD based on experience). Please send your resumes and cover letters to [email protected]
Senior Editor Job Description
We are seeking an editor with extensive knowledge of and deep passion for the Korean entertainment industry and K-dramas to edit the site and work closely with javabeans and girlfriday to manage the Dramabeans editorial calendar.
The ideal candidate is also a writer, an advocate, and a fan. You have a deep understanding of Korean dramas, with a depth and breadth of knowledge about the Korean entertainment world and its evolution from a domestic industry into an international phenomenon with fandoms throughout the world. You are attuned to what sparks connection between a show and its fandom. You live for that spark.
You read news articles daily and keep abreast of the latest developments (and are able to do so in Korean). You have a strong eye for grammar, punctuation, and style — you know when Oxford commas are needed and you know why. You are able to write about industry developments knowledgeably, providing context and accurate information in a strong, personable editorial voice. As an editor and manager, you are able to cultivate that voice in other writers.
- High working proficiency in Korean (written and spoken).
- Deep knowledge of the Korean drama landscape and an understanding of the background and history of the entertainment industry.
- 5+ years of writing or editorial experience.
- A keen editorial eye, with strong copy editing and writing skills.
- Experience training and managing a team.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the daily editorial calendar: overseeing writing assignments, editing content, and publishing.
- Keeping apace of industry news, television production, market trends, and ratings.
- Editing content with a strong sense of grammar, style, readability, and personality.
- Updating metadata and information on site.
- Managing communications with staff and external partners regarding daily workflows and additional projects.