Jo Boa becomes Yoo Seung-ho’s first love in SBS rom-com
We might be seeing Yoo Seung-ho (I’m Not a Robot) in a school uniform again! SBS has a rom-com drama in its lineup called Revenge Returns, about childhood sweethearts who became enemies returning to the place that started it all: high school.
Yoo Seung-ho plays the main character Bok-soo (homophone of revenge) who fell in love with the perfect model student and class president, played by Jo Boa (Temperature of Love), only to have his heart ripped out and crushed. Yoo Seung-ho is unjustly accused of assault during school and is expelled. He comes to believe that Jo Boa was the one who betrayed him by spreading false rumors. Thus, it becomes his goal in life to get revenge on his first love and his friend who ruined his life.
As for Jo Boa’s character, she’s supposed to be a lovely, nice, smart student who never lost her first-place ranking all throughout school. But after leaving high school, through a series of misfortunes, she fails the teaching certificate examination and is hired only as a temporary teacher at her old school. There, the two characters meet, and a new dynamic forms between the former first loves.
The team at the head of Revenge Returns is a rookie writer named Kim Yoon-young and Greasy Melo director Ham Joon-ho. Revenge Returns will air early December, following the end of the Lee Je-hoon/Chae Soo-bin drama Where Stars Land.
- I’m Not a Robot: Episodes 1-2
- Confident bubble boy Yoo Seung-ho denies loneliness in I’m Not a Robot teaser
- Heart-fluttering hashtags and smiles in I’m Not a Robot posters
- Round one fight between user and maker begins for I’m Not a Robot
- Temperature of Love: Episodes 1-2
- Finding love against all odds in SBS’s Temperature of Love
- Falling in love with a stranger in Temperature of Love