Jeon Ji-hyun ponders drama or film return
Calling all Jeon Ji-hyun fans! Reports are swirling in Korea that Jeon Ji-hyun (Legend from the Blue Sea, Assasination) is currently considering a return to the screen.
Jeon had been on hiatus after giving birth to her second child earlier this year, but her agency has recently confirmed that she’s in the midst of evaluating comeback project offers. She’s received several proposals for both movies and dramas, including a drama from the Hong sisters (Hwayugi, Warm and Cozy).
If she does choose the Hong sisters’ project, it will mark her first drama since 2016’s Legend of the Blue Sea and her first time working with the writer duo. The Hong sisters are known for their rom-coms and Jeon Ji-hyun has such a magnetic screen presence that I’m interested to see what a partnership between them would bring about.
There’s no smoke without fire, and if the entertainment scene is buzzing about Jeon Ji-hyun’s return, the chances are we’ll be able to enjoy her next project in the not-so-distant future.
- News bites: July 1, 2017
- Legend of the Blue Sea: Episode 1
- Jeon Ji-hyun becomes human in Legend of the Blue Sea
- Jeon Ji-hyun in talks to star in new drama from You From Another Star writer
- Jeon Ji-hyun gives birth
- Guns blazing and plots in motion for period action movie Assassination
- Movie Review: The Berlin File
- You From Another Star: Episode 1