Kim Sae-ron courted for Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2
Oh, I like this. Kim Sae-ron is being courted to join the second season of Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho, the 2016 hit KBS drama that starred Park Shin-yang as the titular character. In the first season, Jo Deul-ho loses his high-profile prosecutor job and finds his footing again as a neighborhood lawyer who fights for the rights of everyman.
The show reached viewership ratings of an impressive 17.3%, and Park confirmed months ago that he would be reprising his central role. Go Hyun-jung (Return) has also confirmed she’ll be joining the cast as a woman who hides her position in an effort to carry out an act of revenge.
Kim Sae-ron has been offered the part of Yoon So-mi, the daughter of one of Jo Deul-ho’s colleagues from his prosecutor days. So-mi suffers from Asperger syndrome, but she’s intent on a career in law – she’s been inspired by family friend Jo since she was a little girl.
I hope Kim takes this project – she’s led previous dramas (Mirror of the Witch, High School: Love On), but this feels like a meaty role and I’d love to watch her hold her own against the two powerhouse leads. In the meantime, Kim Sae-ron co-stars opposite Ma Dong-seok in The Neighbors, a suspense film that opens next month.
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 will follow Dance Sports Girls on KBS and will premiere in January 2019.
- Go Hyun-jung considers facing Park Shin-yang in Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2
- Season 2 plans underway for KBS’s Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho
- Park Shin-yang to come back for Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2
- Mirror of the Witch: Episode 1
- Kim Sae-ron up for first leading adult role with Yoon Shi-yoon
- Looking for eternal love in Dazzling Temptation
- Kim Sae-ron joins Nam Joo-hyuk in Dazzling Temptation
- High School: Love On: Episode 1