Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

javabeans

Beauty Inside: Even for a die-hard lover of romance, this show is laying it on pretty thick — it feels like an exaggerated exercise in fan-service more than a narrative with a real arc. I hope they do something more with the plot soon, because as much as I like my icing on the cake, nobody wants to be served up just a big bowl o’ icing. That said, I do still enjoy the romantic hijinks and love the actors together; I just want it to feel a little more meaningful. On the plus side, I did enjoy the Shut Up: Flower Boy Band reunion with Kim Min-seok offering up the guest-body-of-the-day, and found it hilarious that they were classmates then, and are playing fake father and son now.

Hundred Million Stars From the Sky: My favorite thing about this weird relationship so far is how little patience Jin-kang has for bullshit, and how clearly she can see through Moo-young’s. I have a love-hate thing with his inscrutability, though, because while I can see how that trait is the backbone of his character (and our curiosity to understand him is a big motivator to keep watching), I get a little weary of it at times. But this relationship is intriguing and odd and definitely compelling.

YG Future Strategy Office: Just no. This show had the potential to be brilliant — it could have been a fun self-parody, or a self-aware comedy, or a sharp skewering of its own milieu and/or industry, but the execution barely gets off the ground and falls on its face. It feels puerile and lazy when it should have been pointed and sharply funny — it was going for so-uncomfortable-it’s-funny cringes, but instead I felt embarrassed-for-everyone-involved cringes. I wonder if this will do better with international fans, but it is SO not for my — or Korean audience — tastes (and has the mountain of scathing reviews to attest to that). (On the upside for fans, tastes are many and varied, and there’s a very different take on it below.)

odilettante

Currently recapping: The Guest

YG Future Strategy Office: This is perhaps the funniest thing I have seen all year. I wasn’t quite sure what I was getting into when I first clicked “play,” but I ended up laughing more in one four-hour Netflix binge than I have in four months. It probably helps that I’m an OG YG fan (well, not “Jinusean” OG, but “VIP until whenever” and “forever bitter Blackjack” OG), which meant I was fully aware of all the scandals, rumors, and stereotypes they were lampooning. It was also a delightful surprise seeing some beloved artists that have vanished from the spotlight (Bom unnie!), as well as a lot of lesser-known YG artists — not just musicians, but actors, actresses, and entertainers (some that I didn’t even know were in YG, yeah, I mean you Oh Sang-jin). I’m really hoping that YG FSO does get another season — and not just because I apparently never get tired of watching Seungri make fun of himself, but because I’d forgotten how much I enjoy the mockumentary style, and how refreshingly different it is compared to the carefully scripted dramas that generally fill my life.

New Journey To The West Season 5: Speaking of carefully scripted dramas — there are so many excellent shows airing right now and I want to watch all of them. Faced with indecision and an inability to double the hours in the day just so I can watch more TV, I’m seeking refuge in variety shows, where the only thing required of me is to laugh at celebrities making fools of themselves (hmmm, I’m noticing a trend in my viewing habits lately…). I’m so excited that the goblins are back, and even though I miss my fave Kyuhyun, I’m willing to give P.O. a chance to win me over as he figures out his role in the group. That said, I’m not as fully invested in this season as I have been the previous seasons — I’m not sure why. Maybe it’s because I feel like we haven’t seen much of Hong Kong. One reason I love these shows so much is because Na PD makes an effort to showcase the location in a way where I want to book the next flight out and experience it for myself. Instead, I feel like we’ve spent a lot time playing ridiculous games that center around the guys fighting for food they will invariably never get to eat. Which is par for the course, but… it just feels like that’s all we’ve done. I’m still enjoying it, but I’m not fully in love with this season yet.

awcoconuts

Hundred Million Stars From the Sky: I only had time to keep up with one show this week, and I surprised myself by reaching for the melodrama. The interactions between Moo-young and Jin-kang are electric, and I’m drawn to them as much as they are unable to resist each other. I still adore Jin-kook and Jin-kang together, and I, too, am shipping Jin-kook and So-jung hard.

mary

The Ghost Detective: Dropped 20 minutes into this week’s new episodes. The ghostbusting team just isn’t enough to keep my interest anymore and I won’t be hoodwinked into watching another hour because of a clever cliffhanger (the only thing the writer is consistently good at). I do wish the ratings weren’t so low though. I want this cast in a new, hopefully better, drama real soon and the low ratings means casting PDs won’t take notice of our precious squad. 🙁

My ID Is Gangnam Beauty: I regret not live-watching this. It’s the kind of show that you can discuss with others for days and days and still have no easy answer. From the definition of beauty, to the microaggressions girls have to deal with (and inflict on each other) every day, to both laughing and crushing on the robotic lead… I wish I can back-read the scattered discussions on Dramabeans but since I’m a spoiler-phobe I’ll have to suffer these feelings alone. Hey, maybe the thought of safely reading the comments is what inspired me to finish ten episodes real quick, and totally not just my tendency to inhale K-dramas…

Tags: , , , ,

From "Just no" to "This is perhaps the funniest thing I've seen all year" is what I love for on a Saturday morning. Can't be more extreme than that.

**live

Yup.
Now, I'm on the fence 😄
I actually planned to watch it, but the first 10 min did nothing to me. The water bucket scene is supposed to be funny right? I usually enjoy slapstick, but I didn't laugh with this one.

i ttakes time.. starting is bit slpstick..
but by the end of it.. i loved it.. it was so funny
and ofcourse it got me hunting down seungri's (and then BB's) intw videos

I feel like this is a safe space, so I'm just going to say it: I love BigBang so much, but I very much dislike Seungri. Does enjoying this show require that I find Seungri cute or entertaining in any way?

Absolutely, Seungri is the star of the show. The cameos are not enough to hold you over if you dislike Seungri.

@panshel Thank you! I will skip, then!

ha ha ha.. you do?
time for gossip fodder.. why? :O actually i may get it..

Seungri is not cute (or is he).. well no, but its the jokes on YG and generally everyone being a loser
(see script is not that great.. but somehow the entire cast makes it work). But i think if you don't like seungri, you won't like this.

After first episode, leaning towards “Just No”

Same, I tried for about 20 minutes and gave up.

@javabeans and @chickachunga's takes on Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food in What we’re watching was just as extreme.

I’m loving this show right now.
Zzzz…couldn’t get through even half of the first episode

ha ha.. i know.. snoozed through first 10 min..
it was such a boring show and haven't once felt the desire to watch it

I was more in the latter category but then I didn't pick it up after ep2 so I dunno anymore! It was a lil too extreme in its humour and that style is always a hit or a miss with me..

I'm on team odilettante and also hopes for a 2nd season. That said, probably recognizing the things being referenced and not being annoyed by Seungri played a significant part in my enjoyment.

Agreed. I enjoyed the show, although the humour was sometimes dry. Love all the inside jokes references, and Seung Ri is adorable..Big Bang is the first kpop group I got into so the jokes are totally relatable. 😂

Fox Bride Star:
It was really refreshing to see a male lead who not only admits his own feelings undramatically (made better by the fact that the female lead was the one who pressed him for answers) but also doesn’t force any reciprocation or response after the confession. I do enjoy the side couple in the security employees as well! The show seems to have developed loads of intense relationships other than the romance too: two male leads / security team leader - 2nd female lead - 2nd male lead / female lead’s former boss and director, so let’s hope all them arcs will be concluded well.

100 Days My Prince:
I’m not buying this: so Minister Kim was ambushed by a group of highly-trained assassins and even took an arrow to the chest but has recovered so quickly and is up plotting like nothing happened? It’s funny how Oppa still harbours a ominous injury for that arrow shot weeks ago. With the preview for the penultimate week already shown, the show is at high risk of being forced to rush its arcs: two hostile political factions / childhood angst / baby father. I don’t get what was the point of the Ming envoy development when Eunuch Yang would provide a more effective (and natural) climax!

The Ghost Detective:
This show hasn’t been clear of the otherworldly rules from the start and I had assumed that all would be explained in due course since some mysteries were par for the course during the setup. However, here we are at the penultimate week and things are still confusing, particularly when rules are made up on the fly: Red Lady surviving a knife stab after being forced to recuperate from a wrist grab, Evil Spirit taking over the male lead at random and him suddenly learning how to become visible. Kim Gyeol’s arc came to a sudden halt this week like Deok Joong’s: poor Shin Jae Ha!

Ghost Detective should have followed the design principle of Keep It Simple Stupid. Having a lot of rules and exceptions aren't bad, but there are too many of them to hear about for a 16-hour drama and the writer's way of doling them out is weirdly timed.

I was attempting to ignore the mountain of holes in Ghost Detective and cling on to the drama for the cast, but this week I couldn't take it anymore. I don't want to watch the drama dig its way into final demise.

I have never fastforwarded through a drama before. Ghost Detective got me, talk about a letdown. Even fastforwarding and skipping, the episode didn't move much.

No Rules would have been better than Inconsistent Illogical Rules. A writer has the opportunity after defining the premise to set the rules and character parameters before starting the first episode script. Ghost Detective did not.

What?? nobody is watching the guest.
I missed out on some eps of my regular shows but now I don't wan't to get back to any of them except ghost.
Maybe I should use this time to focus on studies but its bothering me that the dramas are not interesting enough for me. Waiting for the next ep of ghost...

BTW do you guys really hate jung eun chae as gil young? I have enjoyed her acting from the beginning and have always felt that she is acting in the character. I didn't found it difficult to relate to/sympathise with the rough-raw and reckless detective. I am asking this because I saw a lot of knetz hating on her. Do you think its because people are not used to crazy-mad-dog female detectives?
For the characters I have felt little frustrated with HY's actions before but there were not much comments criticising him.

I really like her and don't understand people problem with her, she nice twist on regular male character and I always enjoy that.Maybe people don't like proactive female characters because they took the shine away from male leads in their minds? I read people complaining about Ae Rin actions in latest ep of Terius as "too much". BTW I read one comment that said if she will not be love interest, then what's the point of her character and never in my life felt such need to reach through the screen and slap somebody.

But she wasn't following procedure.. so no she was not being a cop.
A cope with all information on the case, cannot pass a judgement on who the culprit is and apprehend, specially not her.

Male lead isn't even part of the argument. Why do you bring him up. Its all on her. She saw what happened , multiple times and yet choose to decide what she wanted to decide.
It wasn't a cop trying to find the culprit, it was her, an angry cope hating not being able to close a case asap

I like KY. She's smart, resourceful and incredibly brave. She just comes across as little jaded maybe, but that's probably because of years of working in the force. She has saved both the guys so many times. It's a nice role reversal.

I was watching it but got sidetracked by Gangnam Beauty this week. Hehe~ And I love Gil-young! :) Everyone in the squad all have strengths and weaknesses and I love them all T___T

I haven't checked feedback for the show, but is it true they're hating just on her character? It feels weird to just hate on Gil-young. If they hate Gil-young for being reckless, shouldn't they also hate Hwa-pyung for executing half-baked plans and Mateo for not sharing what's happening to him? Everyone has put the squad in danger at some point anyway. :/ The point is they're all a team now *whispers*familyplease.

What I was referring to was the translated comments from korean sites. The comments were mostly hating on the actress (and her acting) that they can't feel the character and the kind of things.

It was like "why is she keep yelling?", "Why isn't Jung Eun Chae's acting improving each and every day?", "Rather than that.. her character's personality(?) is so-so ㅜㅠ Why is she always in an angry state? ㅠ"
They will praise the male leads and criticise the female lead in the same breath. It could also because while the lead actors are popular among fans jung eun chae was in a controversy before so she is not really a favourite and adding to it is the type of the character she is doing.

she is really really dumb and unnecessarily aggresive and stubborn for no reason

How is she dumb? Serious question, because I didn't notice her acting more dumb and stuborn than male leads.

rather than blame the actress or the character , shouldn't you blame the writer and the director. They are the one who makes the character act like that.

@rhealee Before accusing someone, why don't you bother to read the comment first. And i hope you realize character is the writer's baby, so when you talk about character you are not talking about a third party

1. When you very well know that a person is not the culprit and has done sthg under hypnotism, but just because you have to satiate your own desire of imprisoning someone, she comes up with a very very very stupid logic to defend her stand (this is when she wanted to imprison the child, despite knowing the true circumstances)

2. When she ran into that abandoned building with her partner despite knowing everything and ignoring taxi driver's warning

and she has displayd her dumbness along with argumentative, stubborn, impatient nature way too many times in initial episodes.

THe actress is good but the character is annoying.

That's not being dumb, that's being cop, which is following procedure and acting as first responder in the face of danger. Just because she doesn't blindly belive in male lead every word doesn't make her dumb on contrary. And since she found how her mother really died, she become more focused and calmer than HP and Yoon together.

I'm watching the guest but it's not very popular among beanies because most of them are softies😔

The Guest is not everyone’s cup of tea because of its genre but it’s one of the well-liked currently airing dramas.

Hahahaa! I´m definitely a softie, this show gives me the creeps! But most of all, it makes me so sad. It´s just so unfair! Their lives are so bleak and lonely because they happened to cross paths with that stupid ghost! And family members killing each other every other episode...I don´t think it´s just the scary stuff that keeps people away. I haven´t seen this week´s ep yet, but last week made me clutch my teddy bear not only because of the spooks. I cried angry tears for Hwa-pyung and his family.

It's also not so easily available. Only place I see it is on the pirate sites.

I love Kil-young! She’s my favorite among the three leads. ^^

Oh, and I forgot to explain, below the recapper's name, there's a note stating what show they're recapping (if any). @odilettante talked about variety shows but she's recapping The Guest so her comments about this week's eps will be in her recap. :)

I actually don't feel all that much towards Gil Young character. Sometimes I like her and it gets cancelled out by sometimes not liking her and vice versa. I'm surprised that she (and the actress, Jung Eun Chae) could inspire that much hate.

Are they still going after park il do? I’m waiting for the consensus after the ending because I’m disappointed that they were still going after the same spirit for too many episodes.

PIL is the big bad of the show until now they have dealt with his minions but not him directly so I dont think they're finished with him yet.

I tried to watch the Guest but I'm a scaredy-cat and couldn't stand more than 8 minutes. As soon as the scary stuff began, I was out :(

I live beside a church and sometimes I can't tell if the sound effects I'm hearing is from the show or the church. At least I hope it's one of the two, otherwise O________O

I would definitely watch “Guest” if it was being offered on one of my usual streaming sites! Now with the demise of DF, I have hunt down specific shows. Lazy, yes. Bitter double yes!

I'll be honest I dont think JEC is as good an actress as the other two and I did feel uncomefortable when she beat up the mentally unstable brother (ep4??) and then she and HP did the same to other brother ,yes it can be explained but it felt too much like police brutality to me but to be fair they seem ok have dropped that
Other than that I like the charactor a lot and she's grown on me.

I'm watching Guest and I like Gil Young, badass female to the rescue!!!

I like how Jung Eun Chae played Gil Young. I agree on your take on why the knetz hate her. We are so used to having hard headed reckless male characters, that when a female do that, we are not very forgiving as we would if the character is male.

Which is funny (not really!) because if we replace her character with a male cop, it's your typical OCN lead. Off the top of my head:
- tragic family backstory
- runs into dangerous situations with no regard for personal safety
- butts heads with incompetent/corrupt head of department
- gruff with emotions
- a bit rude to the funny sunbae/sidekick

I’m not sure how or why I am watching so many dramas right now, but real life seems to keep chugging along without me.

The Beauty Inside: Okay, going into this week TBI was on probation. I was bored, and not even the lovely visage of Lee Min Ki was feeling compelling enough to keep slogging through. However, episode 6 felt like a different writer altogether. It was snappy, stuff actually happened, and the chemistry between the leads was on fire. Oh wait, the chemistry between Lee Min Ki, and Kim Min Suk was what was on fire. What a fabulous and fun cameo, and I appreciated how LMK’s Do-jae reacts with curiosity, but not repulsion, at his own response to her transformation into a male body. You’re still on probation though TBI, because one interesting episode is not enough.

Fox Bride Star: The workplace scenarios are ridiculous and sometimes downright stupid, but Lee Soo-yeon has been put in my pocket for protection because he is an exposed and fragile heart that is much too soft for the world. It should be noted that if my plane landed while on fire, and I had to wait for the stairs to arrive before deplaning because they didn’t deploy the emergency ramps, I would be a little salty with the crew and the airline. Emergency exits are thing. This one is also on probation because I’m not really digging the female lead’s character arc and development.

The Ghost Detective: Wednesday/Thursdays are all about ghosts, demons, and possessions. Oh, and cheekbones. Choi Daniel got to change his clothes this week, and he does look nice in a suit, but I miss that nice casual shirt that showcased his shoulders just so. Anyway, I’m still kind of enjoying this hot mess of inconsistencies and on the fly ghost rules, but wish the noble idiocy would just stop and everyone would work together to take out the bad girl in the rotting body. Why does no one mention the smell? Decaying flesh smells, and for all the problems Hwayugi had, they at least addressed this problem.

The Guest: This one is the best of the batch. The writing, directing, acting, and lighting (hello cheekbones) is consistently excellent, but they are playing with my emotions big time, and I feel wrung out after each episode. So, I’m just gonna power through the final four episodes knowing the boys Yoon Hwa-pyung and Choi Yoon will live happily ever after running their coffee/waffle shop and raising their daughter who to their dismay will worship their cop-friend Kang Kil-young who teaches her all sorts of fighting techniques. Everyone is going to live happily ever after, even the shaman and Kil-young’s partner. Don’t you dare do anything different show.

My Secret Terrius: Still all kinds of silly, but who cares because it’s fun on the same day as demon possessions. Besides, watching the real spies being completely outclassed by the moms is worth it. Also, So Ji Sub with kids. That’s all, that’s really all I need here. Coherent plot? Nahh, not necessary when So Ji Sub is sitting at a little table with cute sassy little people.

Twelve Nights: I really liked the look and pacing of this drama. Though it was completely off my radar thanks to the recommendation of @cloggie, it might be the one to replace the hole left by 30 but 17. With only one episode per week, I can fit it in easily.

Rabbit rewatches:
You are Beautiful: so much snark potential, and beanies deliver
It Started With a Kiss: you either love it or hate it….but it’s fun to watch with others
My Queen: we introduced isa to Ethan Ruan, she might never be the same
Because This is Our First Life: Se-hee only improves with every watch

This is a lot of dramas! Where are you finding the time? :D

By prioritizing dramas over real life and sleep?

I wish I could function on little sleep, but then I end up falling asleep while watching dramas...

I'm sure we're the only two people watching Twelve Nights! I'll keep on talking about how much I love it and maybe we'll be joined by some more people.

Tell me a bit more about it. The synopsises on the web aren't at all invinting to me.

The girl lives in America and is thinking of dropping out of her photography course. The guy lives in Japan and drops out of his corporate job (to become a dancer) and they meet when they're both in Seoul for 4 days. They keep bumping into each other over the course of their stay and he ... becomes her muse maybe? Inspires her to take different types of photos.

The opening two episodes are about what art means in someone's life, what risks you're willing to take (or not). It looks very pretty and both characters are extremely likeable. I think that's what gives it that 30/17 vibe - there have been no annoying evil characters after the first 10 mins.

And I was gutted that I had to wait for a whole week for the next episode. (One ep a week, 12 ep series)

I checked out the first episode of Twelve Nights and I am really liking the set up, the relatable struggles of the two leads, and the overall melancholy mood of the story.

Yay, now there are 3 viewers

Hurray @kimbapnoona!

I'll watch when there are more episodes...

Am watching it too! Really liking it so far.

I'm watching too! A nice balance to One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, but it's hard to wait a whole week between episodes!

I'm waiting for a few more episodes first. Also, the male lead had emergency surgery this week.

I saw that. I hope they don’t pressure him to go back to works too soon

I'm now suddenly very glad that there is only one episode a week...

@cloggie @egads @kimbapnoona @mayhemf @okiejune I'm watching 12 nights too. Glad to see so many people are watching it.

I'm watching it too. And it's very good so far.

Thank you for your thorough description. I put it on my list.

I'm watching Twelve Nights, too!

I'm also watching this! I like it so far and glad to see Han Seung Yeon in a lead role.

which ISWAK ? i only stick with taiwan version, the second original but still the best of all versions, thanks to mrs ariel lin.

That’s the one. We are watching the Taiwanese version but also chat about and compare the other zillion versions. If you haven’t seen it, I recommend the Thai version.

I took a long nap last weekend and missed the ISWAK watch! I should be there today!

Which reminds me, I need to find a new source that has decent quality since DF is now dead.

I watch 12 nights too!!

I'm glad to see it has a following, it's a good show.

I miss his casual shirt! Everyone needs to stick with Chae Won, since no one else knows anything about ghosts or pseudo-ghosts and 2 of them are susceptible to Hye's mind-control. I like how Chae Won was like "we should really stick together" this week and they continue to not stick together. Part of the reason why I wish they would stick together is because the drama keeps showcasing the SUVs they each have. Can we please have more carpools? Why is no one driving a smart car?

I totally forgot to say the drama has become a very long car commercial.

No dramafever meant no devilish joy not now who knows for how long

100 million: My curiosity and excitement keeps peaking for this show and it was a bad idea to start watching it again. *determined to not watch this week*

Bad papa: I liked how this week each of the main characters dreams was highlighted and i'm rooting for all of them to achieve it.

The last two episodes were translated, still I don't know how will be everything wrapped up.

OH really thank you ☺️

I think bad papa is the best Life-drama among all airing korean dramas. Still i do expect Writer to be more aware of characters.
Sometimes it feels like Husband-Wife don't even see other for days.

Watching only Jdramas and Bad Papa.

REVENGE GIRL - 7.5 out of 10 because Mirei Kiritani and such a +ve movie. I checked what other shows Mirei gonna do this year and to my surprise i saw the news that Mirei Kiritani and Shohei Miura are now married.
YES yes Those who have watched A GIRL AND THREE SWEETHEARTS know who Shohei is.
I'm surprised how i never saw this big news.
Now i'm planning to watch few other Mirei Kiritani's movies and shows.
Gonna Tag those who watched A GIRL AND THREE SWEETHEARTS.
@vannerie @124xoxodr @snarkyjellyfish @sweetsour @sancheezy @frabbycrabsis
@michykdrama where r u?
@kimchikay @reijeanne
@alua - i know you don't think A GIRL is worth mention.
@hanshimi @serendipity @baekhsoul @maryxiah
@pogo1

I have to say - I hate every role Kiritani Mirei has ever taken, and thus kind of hate her by association?

hahaha. Is that because of her acting or the type of character personalities she played?

Mirei attacks boys hearts quite easily.
Her physical appearance as well the characters she plays really find way to reach guys heart.

I hesitated to watch Revenge Girl but now it's on my list !

How did I not know either that Chisaki and Miaki got married in real life ?!

I keep myself updated with latest Japanese entertainment news and even i didn't know. I need to brush up my skills as well the information sites i depend upon.

Devilish Joy is apparently being picked up by OnDemand Korea- who will be offering a 2 month free trial period.

Coming out from year long slump I think I went bit overboard watching currently: The Guest (my fave), Smile has left you eyes, Terius behind me, Players, Room no. 9, Ms Ma, Go Back Spouses, Mirror of the Witch, Mr Sunshine, Miss Hammurabi, Hwayugi, finishied on binge WWWSK and WYWS, and dropped Jugglers and Ghost Detective, Daniel Choi is hot but this drama spiraled into messy and I don't have patience for that having mile long watchlist.

Okay okay okay, Beanies! I’m behind on my dramas. Again. But it’s fine. Nothing in this cycle is really gripping me as a “must watch”. I feel like everything is very middling lately.

Which is why I’m glad that we are rewatching Because This Life is Our First on Rabbit! Have I mentioned lately that I love Lee Min-ki, and that Nam Se-hee is the greatest male lead of all time? Just in case you all somehow forgot or something. You know, while this was airing I didn’t start really rewatching obsessively until several episodes into this show, so rewatching the first few episodes has been so much fun. From the very beginning this show carried me along with its every emotion. I honestly consider the scene in episode 3 where Ji-ho’s coworkers try to convince her to brush the fact that the trashbag assistant director trying to rape her under rug to be one of the most upsetting and most emotional and heartbreakingly real drama scenes I have ever seen. God, Jung So-min is so good. Especially when she is upset. Everything about that performance of hers, along with the end of episode 2, is so raw and organic.

I haven’t watched this week’s episodes of the currently airing shows for various reasons, so I’m totally behind on The Third Charm. DramaFever shutting down makes it even worse.

Fox Bride Star is a pretty dumb show when it comes to its airport plot lines, but the characters are so endearing that I can’t help but enjoy it. I had faith in Chae Soo-bin’s character and I can’t help but think “I told you so” at everyone who was bashing on her in the beginning. This is the writer who wrote Oh Dal-ja, after all. Flawed but lovable heroines who go through good character development is her specialty. Also, Lee Je-hoon is SO. CUTE.

Hundred Million Stars is easily the best of the current batch that I’m watching. I really enjoy this show as a character study and I love Jung So-min’s character. She is doing such a great job here. Seo In-gook is also hitting it out of the park with an interesting character, but I simply can’t get behind this as a romance. For obvious reasons. I cringed when Moo-young did that very aggressive wrist-grab on Jin-kang in episode 3 or 4 and romantic music was played in the background. And that’s definitely not the worst his character is capable of. If he weren’t a potential murderer with manipulative and possibly violent tendencies, maybe I could get behind the OTP. In the meantime, Jin-kang and her brother are ADORABLE. I love them. Park Sung-woong is great as always.

Hopefully I’ll have some time to catch up with dramas this weekend! I really, really miss DramaFever. Sigh.

Hi mindy!

I have been looking forward to talking to you. I have recently finished Because This Life is Our First, and as I often do when I'm close to finishing a drama, I binge watch as many as I can. I watched 5 eps in 2 days including 3 in 1 day and have found it hard to get over this show.

Thank you so much for your wonderful and insightful comments on the recaps, I have read most of yours I think haha.

I started watching this show because of all the great comments from the community here and it didn't disappoint. I wasn't expecting myself to like something so mundane and realistic to life, but this show really tugged at my heartstrings, made me laugh and got me thinking about my relationships with those close to me. There was a lot to learn from this show, which is a great thing, as most kdramas aren't so deep and meaningful.

I lived Ji-ho and thought she was the mvp of the show. I was kinda a Jung So-min fan before through Sound of Your Heart so might check out Hundred Million Stars soon.

I warmed to Sae-hee over time. He's a lot more different from most male drama leads but that isn't a bad thing. It just mean the pacing of the romance was a lot slower than I had hoped for lol.

I would have loved this drama until the end, but I feel they ruined the end, when the characters started to lie to each other, but that was just the last two episodes. The other 14 were gold.

yeah I read comments that the ending sucked and thought hmm hopefully it's not bad...

And now after watching it I feel as though I have to try and convinced myself the last 2 eps made sense. Like logically, the separation makes sense, Ji-ho had her reasons for leaving. In reality and emotionally, it frustrates me and I can see why people think shr was being manipulative to Sae-hee. I don't understand why she didn't tell him why she was leaving. Their communication had been so good! And why didn't they call each other during the separation? Your man was going through a world of hurt.

Yeah, as audience I feel offended, because it made no logic that the characters would act that way. But well... after that I watched masterpieces like Mother and My Ajusshi, and then I was relieved to have watched wonderful things! I even got my ship in A poem a day, so... I forgot about BTLIOF. But it could have been one of the best of all in regard to the OTP chemistry, honesty and realism.

The separation made no sense dramatically or otherwise. My guess is that the writers got tired because who can keep up Shakespeare level writing through 16 episodes? So they went with one of Kdrama's silliest tropes- when they could have just let our main couple be happy and give our other two couples a little more plot development.

The last 2 episodes did have weaknesses- but Because This Life Is Our First is still a great drama with incredible insights.

You said it right. I loved the tone and the humour and the poems and the reference to the hotel room. Also the fact that we always lived some things for the first time. It was really a pleasure for 14 hours.

Oh my goodness, this is so flattering. I think I might cry.

BTLIOF is my brand so I'm always happy when people associate me with it. And I'm glad you enjoyed the show! The show itself was truly great but experiencing it with Beanies on the fan wall and recaps put it on another level.

I liked the slow-burn romance and thought that it was very in-tune with who the characters were as people.

Nam Se-hee is indeed nothing like your average kdrama hero, and that is exactly why I love him so much. Unlike most characters of the type, he uses his logical way of thinking to empathize with other people. He's thoughtful and emotionally intelligent. He respects Ji-ho, her life, and her choices. He opened his home to her when she was in distress and had no where else to go. But he's also not perfect. He's a perfectly flawed character. I... I love him so much I.......

Hi, Mindy. I also feel like you in millions of stars. I cannot buy the romance..Like he suddenly realise he liked her and told her, and she is supposed to like him too, even though he has only shown her many of his bad sides...
I don't know, but I wouldn't believe it. They will like each other, but why?
I wish the writer would have made it more subtle. Making them become friends and bonding through their common story, the burn scars, the fact that they are both orphans, etc... And then let them be together at the end. But what they are doing now gives me the vibe of a dysfunctional relationship, and I don't like it.
SIG and JSM are better for that.

100 days my prince - This week's episodes were a little hard to watch, but the palace politics are intriguing enough to make up for it. Can't wait for Yul to regain his memory and make everyone pay hell.
Ghost Detective - Kim Gyeol was a surprising revelation. Initially, I just wanted him to disappear. I don't blame him for saving himself, but his later actions in order to "protect" YW just irritated me. Maybe I was too blind to see the signs or he acted that well. But I'm tired of Sunwoo getting the upper hand all the time.
The guest - I feel so bad for HP. I want these 3 to be back together again. On the other hand, props to the show for still keeping us in the dark about the true culprit.
Terius behind me - It's a really easy watch after all the stress I get from watching the guest. SJS is playing his part perfectly.
12 Nights - Waiting for subs. But I really liked the slow pacing of the 1st episode. SHS looks good in that hairstyle.
Player - They called ah ryung their sister without any hesitation! I love their camaraderie. Byung min and Jin woong's never ending bickering is the best part of the show for me.
Bon voyage - Seriously jin! Putting a single coal briquette( am I right) to light a fire?

Player is one of the worst Con Drama but it has the energy and positivity and most of all bad guys get what they deserve.
Calling Ah Ryung sister and making it like they are so close to each other looked quite forced. But, overall it felt good.

Currently only interested with Player. Likely i'll stay for the friendship and also to see how hari's big plans unfold. We still have a hidden man, who i assume is evil.

I'm sticking with variety shows:

1n2ds - have been following since the early years. Still following until now. This is my go to k-variety show.

Same bed, different dreams - in gyo jin and so yi hyun parts, they are hilarious 🤣

Return to superman - bong tae gyu& siha and junho & naeun/gunho parts. Weekly dose of cute ☺

P/s: i really hope there is subs somewhere for Life Bar ep 26 and also for Please Take Care of My Refridgerator Ep 18. I want to watch for Jung Kyung Ho. Hahaha. My korean is too limited to watch without subs 😢

I am waiting for life bar ep 56 to get subbed.

Who is the guest for ep 56?

Cast of the drama Cross. Jeon somin, gu kyung pyo and the notorious/infamous jo jae hyun. I dont like the last one but I like sominie too much so I hope it will get subbed.

Oh JKH in a variety show! I haven't seen him in any variety show. I hope we get subs. BTW are these latest episodes? If not then I fear if we ever will get subs.

No~ its not the latest eps. I think it was somewhere between falling for innocence and prison playbook. I too think it will be hard to ever get subs for his episodes 😢. Luckily law of the city has subs available ☺

RL is keeping me so occupied that even my current watch list feels too heavy. T_T
The Guest. Poor Hwa Pyung. Like @egads, I already know what the epilogue is. Hwa Pyung and Yoon, togther. A coffee shop, a daughter. Aunt Kil Young. No one ever sees or hears from the murderous Park Il Do ever again.

The Beauty Inside. I was going to drop all romance, but I've ended up sticking to this thanks to the fantastic ep 6. Seo Hyun Jin, you remain awesome. And show, I enjoyed the unexpected, somewhat-BL episose.

Room No. 9. Ep 2. I like this! But I'm struggling to keep up. T_T

In other news, I hear For Bride Star's female lead has become more palattable now - much more sympathetic and nice. We understand her actions now.

This is exactly why I didn't want to stick around for this show. It's fine if I don't like the female lead, but can you please keep her unlikable to the end? We knew she would change BECAUSE she's the lead. The second lead we could dislike freely, but *sigh* In any case, I'm not watching it so that's all I can say - based on my own impressions of episode 1, and what I read.

I didn't watch any of the drama i intended to despite being on holidays. Instead i spent the week on Netflix catching up on Assassination Classroom and western shows...
I tell myself that maybe it wasn't the right time to watch those dramas, but i still feel regrets: i won't find easily time in the next weeks and i know i'm missing on very good tv...

I loved Jung In Sun in Tvn Circle so much, I wanted to try for her Terius behind me but couldn't finish the 1st episode.:(
The chemistry with the male lead is not here and the writing very weak for various reasons, the biggest being that the plot is an addition of tropes and not a full fledged story.
The humor doesn't work for me neither.
It feels like everyone is overacting and is doing it without heart or conviction, even my favourite though she shouldn't need to because her character is supposed to be naturally likeable. I think she's very endearing but doesn't seem credible as a mother of two little children.

I will cherish the reasons why i had such bigh crush for her in Circle: her strong acting and sizzling chemistry with Yeo Jin Goo, but essentially because she played the best character and a fantastic heroine (Park Ming Young was a brilliant/smart girl, cute and nerdy in an adorable way, but also passionate, pure in her heart and intentions and very loyal to her friends), and will wait patiently for her to find a role where she can fully use her talent.

Cold Case 2 has started but i'm still waiting the subs:(

I’m currently only watching 100MSFTS which I’m thoroughly obsessed with and Terius Behind Me which I absolutely adore despite lame spy stuff.

I tried my best to like The Beauty Inside but the show is just bad. It’s like watching an advertisement for rich and beautiful people and I just don’t care about any characters at all. So after forcing myself to finish EP 6 I’m officially out. See you next time, Lee Min Ki.

His next project HAS to be better. I’m looking forward to it, although I’m prepared to have to wait a while.

On the bright side though, Jung So-min's drama is very good, so at least one half of our BTIOFL couple is doing great on screen right now!

Beauty Inside: I enjoyed a lot the sense of togetherness that episode 6 brought. The ordinary things in a relationship, that often get dumped from dramas because they need, well, drama.
Also, I find myself extremely interested in Ahn JaeHyun's line instead...
YG Future Strategy Office: As a VIP, I expected worse cause God knows Bigbang are everyone's favorite punchbag, but the show concentrated more on YG thank God.
Anyway, it's dark comedy which means most will feel insulted by it.
New Journey To The West Season 5: I felt the missing of Hong Kong too. But maybe they just could not get as many permits to film outside as before...
Also, currently Na PD was witch-hunted because of a copyright thing, so I hope the show does not suffer from that.
Terius: Can I just say that the kids are adorable. However So Ji Sub and the female lead sometimes feel like leads of their own dramas.
How can he always look that sad??
100 Days Prince: Please tell me the sad times shall pass.
I'm starting to feel uncomfortable.

Watching the 3rd Charm because Seo Kang Joon is great as always, but the script is bad and it's difficult to buy the romance.
Only 100 million stars from the sky has me hooked. I hope it continues to be so good. As for the rest of dramas airing, I cannot bring myself to watch anything, everything feels boring or repetitive.

Taking a long break from kdrama. I want to get back but just not being able to. Subconsciously comparing everything to My Ajusshi and Prisoners Playbook and they are feelingg pale in comparison. But will get back to it soon. In the meantime trying out the short web dramas especially from 'Global Playlists'
1. Just One Bite
2. Ateen
3. Seventeen
They are really good in quality.As they are short , they dont drag and thr actors are surprisingly very good. Some of them i really hope get a shot in full length kdramas
These web dramss Feels like quick drug shots for us kdrama junkies. Highly recommended.

I knw right. I hope we get some good dramas which will make me go back to watching kdramas though.
I like your dp (BBIBBI ). She released a dance practice video btw

I also compare all dramas to My Ajusshi!! It's still the best 2018 drama ever

It truly is. One of the dramas i will never forget. It was an art.

I totally loved Seventeen ! It's my favorite from Play. Just One Bite is cute with female friends. Recent episodes of Ateen are too frustrating imo.

Towards the end they dragged it .
Still wish they get another season :p

This sounds like a good idea. I'm also in a slump.
Thank you for sharing...!

100 Million Stars: Moo-young and Jin-kang aren't simply falling for each other, they are hurtling headlong toward each other with no brake. And I can only imagine the hurt and disaster awaiting them in the near future, especially if that missing boy poster insinuated what I think it means.

Where Stars Land: This is shaping up to be a heartwarming and thoughtful drama and I love it. Yes, we still see some dramatic episodic cases, but the characters behave like it's really just some variety of their usual job, and that really helps. Besides, I'm fully invested in every criss-crossing, complicated relationships that populated this world.

- Completed -

Gokusen 2 & 3: Gokusen season 1 was my very first drama and I didn't watch other seasons because I got too attached to the characters. I decided to watch other seasons because I got nostalgic and yes, I felt almost the same warmth as for season 1 but the same magic wasn't there. It was still nice to see some actors in their early projects.

In Between Seasons: Movie starring Lee Won Geun and Ji Yoon Ho (stalker guy in Cheese in the Trap) who play a gay couple. Bae Jong Ok plays Ji Yoon Ho's character's mom. She doesn't know the nature of the two boys relationship and think they're only good friends. They get into an accident not long after her son got discharged from military. Lee Won Gun's character had no severe injuries but her son ended up in a critical state. She has to deal with the current situation, how to face her son's friend and finds out eventually their relationship. Even if we don't spend time on the son - his thoughts on his relationship with his boyfriend and his mom - here I like how the relationship and the mom's hardships were portrayed. The couple ha not too much but not too little scenes together to get attached before the accident and to feel the sadness after. The story is more on the mom and the lover's pov and feels different from the very few BL movies I've watched who are focused on the couple itself. Good performances were a bonus.

- Currently watching -

100 Days My Prince: Aaangst has finally come and I'm never ready for that. I wonder how the story will wrap within three episodes left.

A-Teen: Kimha... she has a lot more to apologise than just for saying they were never friends. The conflict was brushed off and it seems like characters won't go more into it. It's frustrating.

Bad Papa: It may be because I didn't pay enough attention but I never expected the doctor to be Ji Cheol's former female colleague to be his daughter. The title Bad Papa could apply to him too. This show really wants to connect everyone. Also, I found creepy and at the same time funny to see Baby Face Villain voting for Ji Cheol's daughter for the dance competition. Even bad guys have the right to vote for their favorite contestants in TV shows. She's my favorite so far and I actually liked her interact with her father's former colleague. Mostly beause she was open to her, something she doesn't show a lot to her parents. Speaking od the parents, I don't really care if they reconcile or not (even if they will at the end) but I want them to be good parents and to find their own happiness. Sun Joo seems like to need time for herself but please not with Min Woo. He just rubs me the wrong way.

Dae Jang Geum is Watching: Please don't involve the two brothers in a love triangle. I want to keep the simple mukbang/cooking show vibes.

(continue)

Hide and Seek: Yeon Joo finally recovered her memory and came to see her real mother ! This week's episode will be delicious.

Just One Bite: The chubby girl has an inferiority complex even if her boyfriend is there to reassure her. I hope she will learn to gain more confidence in front of these people who judge their relationship.

Miss Ma, Nemesis: I'm most curious about the "niece". What is her motivation behind "helping" Ms Ma ?

Manpuku: It's a daily historical Jdrama set from before WWII to the economic development era. It's based on the true story of Tachibana Fukuko, the inventor of instant ramen's wife. It's my first time watching a historical Jdrama and I'm pleased with the 10 first episodes. It's interesting to see the sets and how people acted before. I hope all episodes will be subbed.

Matrimonial Chaos: Grandma is my favorite character ! She has this aura and this wise behaviour that brings a nice view on certain issues (consent vs sexual harassment). It was nice to spend more time with Hwi Roo. I can now understand her and Seok Moo more. Yoo Young's husband is still a mystery so I hope we will soon get to know him more.

Player: I liked the focus on Ah Ryung and her backstory. I finally got the heartwarming feel that was missing until now.

Room No.9: How did the real Cho Young Bae fake his identity all these years ? Yoo Jin is not Jang Hwa Sa's son but there is something behind his birth. He (and we viewers) need to find out.

Terius Behind Me: That driving scene was gold. Bon back as Joon-Joon's sitter is the best !

The Beauty Inside: Kim Mmin Seok's cameo was a delight ! I hope the highschool girl will come out here and there to see her progression and maybe even become an actress because of Han Se Gye.

The Ghost Detective: Dead people again and again. And our leads are always in danger. I'm glad it will end soon because I'm tired to watch them and people they care about suffer.

The Guest: I don't want to think that Hwa Pyung could be possessed by Park Il Do so I give up trying to figure it out. I'm just going to seat back and watch the mystery unfold.

The Smile Has Left Your Eyes: I feel bad for Yu Ri and it seems like Jin Kook might actually "help" her. I may hold him in (too) high estime but he cares for people and seeing Yu Ri's state can actually move him. Even what she tried to do to Jin Kang.

The Third Charm: They made up but will they actually work out ? People keep telling them that they will end up marrying someone with the same taste as them.

That's right ! I can't accept the fact that they went back to being friends that easily !

No mention of SACHIIRO and latest translated Japanese movies?
Bad Papa - is the only kdrama forcing me to skip sleep and watch it as soon as its translated. I'm confused why husband-wife has turned so bad and yet writer tries to show like they still love each other. I can understand that reality had the troubles they faced have made them become distant to each other but still it feels like forced and unconvincing.
Daughter is too cute and villain boy looks funny.

3rd Charm has its own share of writing troubles. It does looks realistic but then it doesn't. I'm surprise no one much commented on sister's action or words which have in real caused harm to the hero.

Player - is quite a confusing show and i'm not seeing this heart warming atmosphere. characters story is done good.

Do you mean Sachiiro no One Room ? If yes, I'm waiting for the holidays to watch it :) I'm going to watch Chihayafuru: Musubi, Gintama 2 and Kids on the Slope this week. If I'm in the mood for light romcoms Honey and My Little Monster. I don't think Perfect World is subbed yet. There's a movie starring Kim Jae Wook which came out last month or this month, I will watch as soon as it's subbed.

Bad Papa: I'm as confused as you about the married couple. It feels unnatural to me that the show tries to convince viewers that they still love each other. Maybe they still do but they need to take a break.

The Third Charm: His sister's comments on him, his not-so-manly behaviour bothered me since the first episode but I thought it was part of their siblings relationship (?). As an only child, I'm not always sure when it comes to that.

Player: I think I'm easily moved when it's about finding people who treat someone like family. I should rephrase it as seeing Ah Ryung finding her place in the three group was heartwarming.

Gintama 2, honey and My Little Monster?
Got raws? They are already subbed?
Are you a member at Avistaz - the private asian content torrent tracker?

That's what i found good in Player. I could see our hero taking care ah ryung and considering her a sister but other too guys over the top reaction and response felt quite unrealistic.

I just don't see much +ve effect of that sibling relationship when your younger sibling is controlling your actions.
Sister claims she has privacy but violates her elder brother privacy all the time. I like her but i also quite dislike many of actions. She never came up with tough love. it was just hero taking verbal beatings from his younger sister.

@catocat All of them are subbed. I'm not a member of Avistaz I didn't even know it existed before reading your comments on previous What We're Watching posts.

About the sister. I like her at work because she put her brother's friend in his place showing that she's competent.

Sorry for the late comment, I just saw this as I was reading through, but I have been waiting for My Little Monster for ages and I had no idea it's subbed?!?! As far as I know the BR doesn't release until the 3rd November haha so I was curious as to where you got/saw it. that and Gintama 2 omg ;_;

@catstreet I saw it on k******an but haven't checked yet if the subs were good.

Bad Papa- I thought Doc’s daughter died so I was surprised as well when Girl Detective called her father. Min-woo is just using Sun-joo, but I don’t like her so I wouldn’t mind if she ends up with him. :D

Hide & Seek- It’s so satisfying to see grandma scold her real granddaughter and call her names. Talk about karma. Lol

I can't feel empathy towards Min Woo because he's using Sung Joo like you said when she actually wants to pursue her dream. In that sense I feel bad for her but I do not 100% agree with her behaviour towards Ji Cheo.

I'm watching this drama for two reasons: Lee Yu Ri and seeing Grandma reaction to Soo Ah :D

I cannot find a single person to like in Hide and Seek except for the adopted daughter.
1. The mother is batspit crazy and obsessed with Su A to the point of insanity.
2. The grandmother is nothing but an evil superstitious bitch. Cannot wait for her to get Karam-ized.
3. Su A is a jealous conniving greedy vindictive bitch. And those are her good points.
4. The father of the two girls seems totally clueless and a total wimp.
5. Cha Eun Hyuk - the driver - seems to have a bunch of misplaced priorities and treats Min Chae Rin like some helpless candy that cannot handle any truth.
6. The one single other character that might NOT be useless and/or evil is the grandmothers aide/secretary - I am now about 95% certain that she is the one feeding Chae-Rin the secret info.

Conclusion - they are going to have to make bigger bridges to cross into hell when the end comes and I can't wait to see it happen.

Chae Rin isn't completly sane neither but it's still a wonder that she's still likeable after growing up among this horrible family.
I like the secretary and can see her as Chae Rin's ally.

I think Chae Rin is sane, but also horribly conflicted and frustrated. She worked her life to make the company better, and that evil grandmother wants to just give it to someone with zero experience or qualifications.

I like her father only because he’s the only person in Chae-rin’s adoptive family that really accept her as part of the family and treat her like a real daughter. I’m 3 eps behind on the drama so I’m not sure if Secretary is helping Chae-rin, but she’s obviously getting sick of the old and ungrateful witch’s evilness and bad treatment of Chae-rin.

??? 100 Days My Prince has only 15 eps? How?! It's not even like they need to do an episode cut because of bad ratings, it has the best weekday ratings on any tv channel!

Re: In Between Seasons. Lee Won Geun is such a talented actor, I feel sad he's never had a true breakout hit performance. He did get a drama lead role for the first time in Sassy Go Go and his character is one of my top 3 favourite kdrama male leads ever but it was sadly given very little attention in Korea.

I read somewhere that the show is getting 15 episodes plus one episode for the making off and the cast interview. I think it was already planned since it's a pre produced drama.

Lee Won Geun is doing well in movies at the moment. It's good to watch him grow as an actor before leading a drama (that's not a highschool drama).

Unexpectedly, I'm absolutely loving Twelve Nights . I first realised that this one might be a keeper when the opening episode started in the States and I wasn't cringing! It's got a low-key art-house vibe that really fits the subject matter of a photographer (the girl) and a dancer (the guy) as they meet and try to work out their ambitions in live and their art.

Also still very much enjoying Fox Bride Star even though I really missed Dusty this week. Don't tell me we're not going to get robots on a regular basis, because I will be annoyed. The OTP are too cute for words and that carries me over a lot of small niggles that I would otherwise have with the drama.

Low-key following (and yes, already behind) Hundred Million Stars From the Sky and Room Nr 9 . Neither has been officially dropped but I haven't been in the mood to press play either.

Also OctobINAR. God that drama is just as good and just as heart-breaking second time round.

oh also behind with 100 days my prince . I could still catch up with all three of those, right? right?

Right.

I wanted to watch Twelve Nights but there are too much dramas on my plate. I'm glad to know it has a good start !

Twelve Nights is gold, I hope it doesn't let me downnnnnnnnn

👀12 nights🎥 is interesting...

1st episode is too long but overall another good real life drama that people are missing out on among all the action stuff.

I'm only watching one drama right now. I haven't found all my new and old dramas I was watching after DF shut down.

But the one I am watching, The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, I am completely obsessed with.

I think the acting and writing are great and I am so intrigued by and invested in these characters.

EVERYThing else took a backseat once HMS / smile left your eyes. started.

Beauty Inside The last episode was really great. I loved to see their interactions. The BTS scenes are pretty funny. It's cute to see Lee Min Ki showing how to tie his tie to Kim Min-seok.

Where the stars land I'm curious about his arm and leg and he's cute :p

Hundred Millions Stars From the Sky My favourite one! You don't have to wear expensive clothes to look hot. It's nice to see a lead wearing normal clothes :p

The Guest I love the trio. It's nice to see how they care for each other.

The Ghost Detective If they continue to separate my lovely couple, I will be angry >_<

I was stuck in my house all the week, so I rewatched Heart to Heart and I still love it. Their love story is simple and beautiful :)

The Smile Has Left Your Eyes - agree. Watching for now, but not sure if I will finish it. Besides the not really caring much about any of the characters, I find the really bad police work and silliness just jarring. Seems like all the cops are more concerned with bone broth and slapstick than crime fighting.

19-20 Oct 2018 My list in order of the most compelling to most meh (to me).
Will Watch ASAP
The Guest – Terribly affecting any which way I look at it. I'm wondering who won't be possessed instead of who will, because the number of characters are dwindling and show's giving the vibe of a full out tragedy, demon-possessed style. Too compelling to give up watching, but too painful if it goes the way it might. I'm beginning to think it's too much to ask that everyone we like who is now alive stays alive.
The Smile Has Left Your Eyes - Moo Young makes his move on Jin Kang and Jin Gook is not amused. Seung Ah continues to be naïve and stubborn and Yoo Ri has outed herself is dangerously unstable and maybe murderous as well. The mystery of who the real killer is continues to be gripping. I guess I like the psychological thriller of this most, and feel with and for Jin Gook, his frustration, as he sees his beloved dongsaeng fall more and more under the spell of the enigmatic Moo Young.
Terius Behind Me – Fun and silly. So our little bad guy continues to use our heroine as his human shield and the big bad guy is looking to be someone in the NIS. The most fun relationship is the touchy-feely bromance.
The Beauty Inside - At last a body change and cameo came around. Good fun seeing Se Kye (Kim Min Seok) navigate the different reactions and responses to her different gender and age, and making use of the change to right a wrong and help someone. To an extent I feel that I'm watching 1 show and half of another, with Sa Ra and Eun Ho taking up quite a bit of screen time. We see more of Sa Ra's private 'thoughts' than Eun Ho's though. Show could balance them out a bit more between these 2 side characters if they are getting their own arc. I'm surprised that Woo Mi and Sec Jung don't get more time together too.

Will Watch If I Can
Player - Team bonding is always good and the action remains strong.
Where Stars Land/Fox Bride Star - I liked how we got more backstory and a chance to understand the strange reactions that Seo Koon, TL Choi, In Woo and Soo Yeon have around each other. Airport management is mildly interesting because I've never thought about what goes into running that huge enteprise and there's enough meat to milk (pardon the mixed metaphors) from the mystery of the bionic limbs and the many developing relationships., therefore managerial 'politicking' is something, I feel, show can do without.
Twelve Nights - I've yet to watch the subbed first episode. So I'm going to treat myself tonight by just immersing myself in the slow and moody atmosphere of this show.

On The Brink
The Third Charm – I'm not sure if I even want to skip watch this now. I may wait for the characters to 'grow up' and try again.