[Theme of the Month] Choose your own epilogue
So a drama ends, and you’re not quite ready to let it go. You relive (and replay) your favorite parts over and over, and you dream of what happens after the characters exit from our views. Maybe you think of all the ways to put more cherries on top of a perfect ending, or maybe your epilogue gives a properly satisfying wrap-up to a drama that didn’t quite get there on its own.
We talked about alternate endings last year, where you rewrote unsatisfactory endings and fixed major errors to dramas that really dropped the ball. This time, it’s less about fixing huge flaws or rewriting drama canon, and more about basking in a drama’s afterglow and maybe helping to extend it.
Ever wonder what happened to beloved drama characters after the final credits rolled? What do you think happened? What should have happened?
(Note: We prefer personal stories and essays to fan fiction. We have nothing against fan fiction! We just prefer when you speak in your own words than in a character’s.)
- Email your submissions to [email protected] If you have a registered Dramabeans account, include your handle so we can link to it.
- Include at least 1 image, though more is preferred.
- Suggested length: Between 500 and 1,000 words.
- Deadline: We will post these on a rolling basis, so we’re taking submissions now. We will cut off accepting submissions on October 26. If you miss this month, join us for a new theme next month!
- [Theme of the Month] Trend inspirations from our favorite dramas
- [Theme of the Month] Traveling the world with dramas
- [Theme of the Month] What dramas need a sequel?
- [Theme of the Month] Work, life, balance, and K-dramas
- [Theme of the Month] Dramas and food
- [Theme of the Month] Drama-induced shopping
- [Theme of the Month] Best friends forever
- [Theme of the Month] One True Pairings
Tags: Theme of the Month