Jang Hee-jin confirms next drama Babel, opposite Park Shi-hoo
Jang Hee-jin (You’re Too Much) has confirmed to be the female lead of the upcoming drama Babel. It’s a melodrama that centers around a revenge-driven prosecutor and a former top actress who lost it all when she married into a chaebol family. Babel will show the true face of greedy chaebols through this story that contains elements of murder, power, and corruption.
The role that Jang Hee-jin is set to play is quite interesting. She’s playing an actress who became a top star with her feminine looks and married into a chaebol family. However, when her husband is murdered, she goes from former top star to top suspect. The other main character is a prosecutor whose parents die after a mysterious entanglement with a chaebol conglomerate, and he will be played by Park Shi-hoo (Lovely Horribly).
It’s great to see Jang Hee-jin in more lead roles because I thought she had always been a bit typecast as the sexy vixen character. However, after her stint on the reality-variety show Little Too Crazy, her overall public image changed to become softer, and it’s really helping her career.
TV Chosun drama Babel, directed by PD Yoon Sung-shik (Hwarang, You’re the Best, Lee Soon-shin), is set to first broadcast in January 2019.
- Park Shi-hoo lines up next drama with TV Chosun’s Babel
- Jang Hee-jin replaces ill Gu Hye-sun in currently airing You’re Too Much
- On the Way to the Airport: Episode 1
- The women of On the Way to the Airport and a new teaser
- Jang Hee-jin up to join KBS’s On the Way to the Airport
- Mirror of the Witch: Episode 1
- Jang Hee-jin signs on as cursed queen in Mirror of the Witch