Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 reveals first stills
He’s baaaaaack! After more than two years of waiting for updated news on the return of everyone’s favorite neighborhood lawyer, we are rewarded with photos of Park Shin-yang, reprising his role as Jo Deul-ho. The second season of this hit KBS drama is called Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2: Crime and Punishment, and will also feature one of the best female actresses in Korea, Go Hyun-jung (Return), who will be playing Jo Deul-ho’s greatest rival.
When Jo Deul-ho runs into an ugly truth, he ends up fighting Go Hyun-jung’s character in a cutthroat battle. With precise principles about right and wrong, and a tenacity to uphold the truth, Jo Deul-ho will engage in a confrontation against an even bigger evil of society in this new season. We can see in the stills that Jo Deul-ho looks like a complete bum, so maybe something unfortunate has happened since the end of the last season? Hopefully, our zany lawyer will bounce back in no time, to his cheerful weird corruption-fighting self.
The original season was based on a web comic by the same name, and it starred Park Shin-yang and Kang So-ra as its main leads. The story started off with Jo Deul-ho’s fall from grace. He was a rising star in the prosecutor community, but he was kicked out because he decided to stick with his principles. He becomes a neighborhood lawyer who fights for justice in any and all situations. He’s also a wacky kind of character who becomes involved in various bizarre cases.
Personally, I’m excited to have both Park Shin-yang and Go Hyun-jung on my screen at the same time. The way these two actors can electrify an audience is like no other. I can already imagine the chemistry being off the charts.
Monday-Tuesday drama Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2: Crime and Punishment will air on KBS starting January 7 of the new year, taking over the time slot currently occupied by Dance Sports Girls.
- Kim Sae-ron courted for Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2
- Go Hyun-jung considers facing Park Shin-yang in Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2
- Season 2 plans underway for KBS’s Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho
- Park Shin-yang considers adaptation of Japanese novel Flying Trapeze
- Park Shin-yang to come back for Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2
- CBS developing American remake of Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho
- Park Shin-yang turns down Jo Deul-ho extension, KBS keeps trying
- Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho: Episode 1