Drastic moves on a rainy night in Love in Sadness
MBC melodrama Love in Sadness just released a new teaser, featuring Ji Hyun-woo (Thief-nom, Thief-nim) and Park Ha-na (Lingerie Girls’ Generation). And let me tell you, it’s super intense.
The teaser starts with Park Ha-na as she begins to take off her shirt and strip in front of Ji Hyun-woo. She begs for him to save her, because she will die tomorrow. We don’t hear Ji Hyun-woo’s answer, but he looks conflicted as she stands opposite him.
Park Ha-na plays a woman who had been a dirt poor but promising art student who becomes a chaebol housewife in Love in Sadness. She’s lived a real life Cinderella story, or so it seems to the people around her. But five years later, she’s deeply unhappy when she meets Ji Hyun-woo.
In an age where love is ubiquitous, but true love is difficult to find, two people who have failed at love before find a second chance at true love. However, others with secretive ambitions complicate their lives with their pursuit.
Go Joo-won (Madame Antoine) will make a special guest appearance in Love in Sadness as an old college classmate of Ji Hyun-woo’s. He secretly feels a hostility against Ji Hyun-woo that he hides everyday whilst working in Ji Hyun-woo’s clinic as a paid doctor. He’s also friends with Wang Bit-na’s (Mysterious Personal Shopper) character who loves Ji Hyun-woo unrequitedly.
Weekend drama Love in Sadness, written by Song Jung-lim and directed by Choi Yi-seob and Yoo Bum-sang, will begin on February 23 after the end of Pledge to God.
- Ji Hyun-woo courted for role in MBC drama Love in Sadness
- Go Joo-won to play Yoo Inna’s love interest
- Main character posters out for Kim Suro
- Thief-nom Ji Hyun-woo cracks a safe and eludes cop Seohyun
- Ji Hyun-woo offered weekend drama Thief-nom, Thief-nim opposite Seohyun
- MBC variety-drama Borg Mom lines up cast for some robot hijinks
- ’90s sitcom Three Men, Three Women gets the remake treatment