Im Shi-wan considering post-army comeback in OCN’s Hell Is Other People
For his first post-army project, actor Im Shi-wan (The King Loves, Misaeng) is considering a new drama with OCN called Hell Is Other People.
The drama is an adaptation of a webtoon, also called Hell Is Other People, which is written and illustrated by Kim Yong-ki. It’s a well-known series in Korea, boasting over 800 million views, and ranked number one in webtoons for 39 weeks.
The story is a thriller-horror about a young man’s strange encounters while living in an old gositel in Seoul. He left his home in the countryside to come to the city, but everything and everyone in the gositel is odd and suspicious.
The title, Hell Is Other People, is also a famous line from Jean-Paul Sartre’s play, No Exit. Possibly an inspiration for the webtoon as well, the play is a philosophical examination on self and society through the set-up of three characters trapped together in hell.
I hope Im Shi-wan accepts as it sounds like a really interesting project to work on. I’m not familiar with any of the source material, but I skimmed through a couple chapters of the webtoon today and my curiosity is piqued. My only worry is that I scare easily, so perhaps no nighttime watching for this one.
Im Shi-wan enlisted for mandatory army service back in July 2017 and is due to be discharged in just a couple months on March 27, 2019.
- Creating the perfect lie for money in Jin Gu, Im Shi-wan’s new film One Line
- Im Shi-wan as a young prince for MBC’s The King Loves
- Top 10 idol-actors in dramaland
- Im Shi-wan, L, Chae Soo-bin headline Chinese web drama Black Cat
- Im Shi-wan, Sol Kyung-gu pair up for undercover prison movie
- Im Shi-wan: “I had to take Misaeng
- Office grunts clock in at Misaeng’s press conference