Reimagining the birth of an ancient empire in tvN’s Asadal Chronicles

This teaser looks pretty epic, which scares the worrier in me, because the higher the expectations, the higher the potential fall. One of the year’s most anticipated shows, tvN’s Asadal Chronicles, has just released its first teaser and we get our first glimpse of the show’s impressive lineup, Song Joong-ki (Descended From the Sun), Jang Dong-gun (Suits), Kim Ji-won (Fight My Way), and Kim Ok-bin (Children of a Lesser God), in all their tribal glory.

The clip first shows Jang Dong-gun cutting an imposing, and evil-looking, figure, as Song Joong-ki asks offscreen where he can find him. His answer is Asadal, the legendary capital city of the ancient kingdom of Gojoseon, which is where I’m assuming Song Joong-ki is urgently headed, sporting some intense face paint. The captions on the teaser say, “If you survive, may you become a legend.” Offscreen, a man warns that no one should be trusted, especially given the existence of those who would “satisfy their greed by destroying others.”

We get some glimpses of some impressively epic scenes that look somewhat related to pagan rituals and a stone-constructed room filled with soldiers. These brief flashes, especially of the armored and be-feathered soldiers, look a little anachronistic, given that it reminds me more of ancient Greece and medieval Europe than prehistoric Korea, but we’ll roll with it. The clip ends with shots of our female leads, with Kim Ji-won similarly sporting some face paint and Kim Ok-bin looking quite regal, and then Jang Dong-gun and Song Joong-ki to round out the foursome.

So, as much as I’m eager to see how Asadal will fictionalize the founding of the Gojoseon empire, which is itself recorded in history as a mix of mythology and fact (?), I’m also generally worried whether the show can pull off the grand scale of the story without letting it implode into a mess of campy CGI and cringe-worthy portrayals of “primitive” Koreans. That’s probably the pessimist in me, but I’m holding out hope for the show because directing Asadal is PD Kim Won-seok, who has a very impressive list of credits for tvN, including My Ajusshi, Signal, and Misaeng. And equally impressive are the credits attributed to the writer duo, Kim Young-hyun and Park Sang-yeon, who also collaborated on Circle: Two Connected Worlds, Six Flying Dragons, and Tree With Deep Roots.

Asadal Chronicles is slated to premiere on tvN in June.

Via Osen

Tags: , , ,

The expectations are too high to even reject the idea of having expectations.

*no longer making sense*

I'm with you. I really wasn't paying attention to the news about this drama and then I saw the teaser and my curiosity and excitement jumped ALL the way out. I've been waiting for something like this from Korea ever since watching Kim Nam Gil in Queen Seon Duk and how he encapsulated the kind of fun and deviant character-type you only get in China's wuxia shows. I wished Korea would do something more magical and action-y and now it's actually about to be here??? I'm in, idc.

I was thinking wuxia feeling as well after watching the teaser!
With this writer-director pairing, it's hard not to have expectations! Signal, Misaeng and Circle are among my favourite dramas :D

Oh my God, uri Song Joong Ki, how I miss you so much in a roles that required showing your skills ? Well come back to a small screen Joong Ki! Can june arrive faster? I won't expecting a masterpiece, but expecting an overall good production.

It has been too long since TREE WITH DEEP ROOT.

You mean, Song Joong Ki in a Sageuk? Yes... It has already too long. Seems He really knows how to makes us his fans thirst of his acting in a meaty project and make me suffered. Haha

The trailer reminds me of Antoine Fuqua's version of KING ARTHUR. Keira Knightley's face paint (Guinivere) and what looks like Roman soldiers.
Could the name change from ASADAL to ARTHDAL CHRONICLES have any connection to that time period?

I'm a bit worried about the criticisms against Studio Dragon for over working it's crew in this production. That's not a good thing to hear before the drama comes out.

I just hope they'll get their crap together.

@kiara,
I haven't seen the Antoine Fuqua version of KING ARTHUR, but was definitely reminded of the Arthurian legends and their latter-day progeny. Song Joong-ki just needs antlers, Pictish blue paint, and a Beltane fire and he'd be good to go. LOL.

You might be onto something with the latest tweak to the title. This may be more of a "fusion" sageuk than we realized. Shades of MERLIN (2008) -- but will it have a talking dragon?!

Re: inhumane shooting schedule

'Arthdal Chronicles' to explore fabled, first monarchy on Korean Peninsula [VIDEO]

There are 168 hours in a week, and the crew was made to work for 151 of them while on site in Brunei. The ROK legal limit is 68 hours -- versus the 40-hour work week of yore. This is insane. In the remaining 17 hours that week, were the crew supposed to eat and heed the call of nature, or do they get to take short breaks for those biologically-mandated functions?

Aside: I didn't realize that Kim Young-hyun was the screenwriter of BALLAD OF SEODONG / SONG OF THE PRINCE. (Yay for Jo Hyun-jae!)

@PakalanaPikake
I had no expectations and I didn't know much about Arthur's Legend so it was all entertainment for me.
Everything is so vague from that era so I'd take any criticisms with a bag of salt lol.
I'm a total idiot for thinking those were Romans soldiers. The helmets and armor are not the same.

Anyway, thanks for the link. I read it at Korea Times too and @Soompi.
That has always been my concern with tvN and the productions they work closely with.

I'm expecting magical powers and all kinds of tribal rituals in this drama.
In the Paleolithic Age (Korea) they relied on magic for hunting so the Merlins of Korea will probably be a apart of this show in the form of Shamanism maybe?

I'm most curious about Kim Ok-bin's character (Tae-ha). She is said to be a descendants of the Noeantal race.
I've never heard of it before. It's hinted that's different from human. She is also the first empress of ASADAL.
Could she be some kind of bear/monkey queen in human form?
The intro for LEGEND OF THE 4 GODS showed the bear tribe in human form.

@kiara April 16, 2019 at 8:27 AM

Ooooh! I think you're right to expect all kinds of sympathetic magic by Neolithic (not Neo-Confucian -- har!) hunters. Maybe we'll even see a Korean analogue of the cave paintings at Lascaux and Altamira -- which would be dandy precursors to the murals in JUMONG. Shaman Michelangelos could not be far behind. ;-)

Re: Noeantal race

It wouldn't surprise me if Tae-ha's people had to do with bears, or maybe even tigers or leopards. I doubt there would have been a connection with monkeys since they aren't native to the peninsula -- unless snow monkeys somehow got blown across the water from Japan. Those Japanese macaques are really intelligent. Some of them like to soak in hot springs.

It's possible that the Noeantal might be a different population that has migrated into the area. If their culture and technology are sufficiently far advanced beyond the locals who are already there, they might be regarded as gods or supernatural beings.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke

Honestly if it's fusion fantasy sageuk that might just make me more excited for it. I've been wanting another fantasy sageuk for a while. They're like my crack.

Oops @pakalanapikake the above is also for you

@pakalanapikake
"I doubt there would have been a connection with monkeys since they aren't native to the peninsula -- unless snow monkeys somehow got blown across the water from Japan."

Haha you are right. The tiger tribes makes more sense.

I'm a lazy reader. I have a couple of books to read from pre-historic time (Korea) but it's somewhere buried in my garage. Maybe I'll find something about the Noeantal people if they existed.

@kiara, @sicarius,

Re: Noeantal

*facepalm*

It just hit me:

Noe-an-tal =
Ne-an(der)-tal

Is this going to be a twist on CLAN OF THE CAVE BEAR or something?! (I haven't seen or read it. Just recall the title.)

Apropos of Neanderthals in Korea, University of Hawaii-Manoa Professor Christopher Bae writes:

"A plethora of new studies coming out of Central Asia and Siberia suggest that Neanderthals did not stay put in Europe and the Levant... Interestingly, palaeoanthropologists working in North Korea have written in the past that they might have found Neanderthal-like fossils. In Southeast China, the Maba partial skull has long been thought to resemble a Neanderthal – and probably would have been identified as such earlier on, had it been found further west."

[Orthographic note for word nerds:
"Neanderthal or Neandertal?"

ERRATUM:
PakalanaPikake April 17, 2019 at 2:32 PM

The cave murals aren't in JUMONG. They're in KINGDOM OF THE WINDS, doggone it. While the three-legged crow is very cool, the black turtle snake is the one I like best. With Song Il-kook in both lead roles, the dramas mush together in my mind. ;-)

Where was I when all this was happening? Didn't even know about this show, not to talk of Song Joon Ki 's comeback! And then you have Jang Dong Gun and Kim Ok bin...and don't get me started on the writer/director. Seriously, I indeed must live under a rock!

Am I considering the possibility that this may flop?? Yes.
Do I hold any expectations to pre-produced dramas anymore?? Nope.
Am I still going to watch this if/when I find my way out of this Kdrama slump by the time this goes on air? Probably.

What an incredible team! First time hearing about it and I'm already way too hyped

Good lord those credits are impressive! Based on this trailer, I dare to dream of something like "Legend" which had massive flaws but was absolutly epic! I'm afraid of a terrible let-down, but us beanies are optimistic at heart! :)

"something like "Legend" which had massive flaws but absolutely epic"

I agree. Same with Queen Seon Deok which was set in the 3 kingdom era.

Let's face it Kim Young-hyun knows what most female viewers want in their sageuks and she writes for the fans so it's going to be entertaining.

UGEUMCHI will be the one for the history fans and more for male viewers.

Psst, @kiara... UGEUMCHI changed its name twice. First to MUNG BEAN FLOWER, and now NOKDOO FLOWER.

I've been wanting to see LEGEND for quite a while. Yoon Tae-young is in it, along with a many familiar (and much younger!) faces. I think I'll have time to squeak it in before ASADAL begins. ;-)

I'm too lazy to aka all of them :).

I'm not sure if you'll be happy to see Choi Min-soo as the villain or not. I thought he was wasted there after watching his stellar performance in SANDGLASS.
I enjoyed our familiar child actors, Shim Eun-kyung, Park Eun-bin and Yoo Seung-ho. I Shim especially was pretty good. I missed her when Lee Ji-ah took over.

@kiara... Just a public service so folks don't go bonkers looking for it under the old name. ;-)

I think I'll be okay with Choi Min-soo as a villain. ;-)

But I still haven't seen SANDGLASS.
*Skulks back into shadows.*

Much appreciated :). I have a bad habit of confusing folks lol.

You are a true fan!
He would've made a great Jafar in Aladin. I can't wait to read your review :).

@kiara April 15, 2019 at 12:20 PM

Choi Min-soo was terrific in LAWLESS LAWYER. Absolutely magnificent. -- What I didn't realize is that he played Lee Min-ho's tragic mentor in FAITH. He was memorable in that, too. I think THE SWORD IN THE MOON is the only other show I've seen him in -- but didn't realize it at the time. It will be fun to see him in LEGEND. ;-)

[And now I realize I've conflated Choi Min-soo with Choi Min-sik. Auwe! No wonder I couldn't find Yi Sun-shin / ROARING CURRENTS listed in his filmography. *facepalm* So embarrassing. I still get tripped up by Korean names. *crawls under rock*]

SANDGLASS is a Korean classic!
Can you believe Song Ji-na wrote that masterpiece?

There was some noise about a sequel back in 2016 and I haven't heard anything since then.

@delsatu,

I agree that the production team has me cheering, too. As for LEGEND / STORY OF THE FIRST KING'S FOUR GODS, I've been keeping my eye out for it. (And finally found it. Yay!) I still have time to watch it before ASADAL begins airing.

Enjoy your watch! :)
The first episode has really terrible special effects, but do not let it deter you: those special effects are still bad but a lot fewer in the rest of the series. And you will recognize a lot of young faces, it makes it fun!
Anyway, I haven't seen a lot of drama that can be qualified as epic, so I'm really crossing my fingers for this one!

@delsatu,

Thanks for the heads-up about the "not so special" effects. ;-)

As for the cast, Kim Mi-kyung is in it, which really makes my day. Just looking at AsianWiki, I'm getting a kick out of how young everyone looks. (It was 12 years ago, yikes!)

In the epic category, I'd have to put JUMONG, which I loved to bits, all 89 episodes of it, when I watched in around the turn of the year. I rewatched KINGDOM OF THE WINDS right after it to get a good feel for the character arcs. There are so many references to Gojoseon in it that I'm glad I watched them well before ASADAL commences.

Maybe you've already seen NIRVANA IN FIRE. I watched that after the above dramas, and boy, was it terrific. Epic, compelling, exquisitely plotted... with a wonderful cast. ;-)

Thanks for the recommandations @pakalanapikake! Interesting that Kingdom of the winds, Jumong and Legend all date from the 2007-2009'... It must have been some golden days for epic stuff! :) something in the water maybe!
I have really enjoyed some sageuk that came in later years (tree with deep roots, empress ki, the king loves, etc.) but the feel was very different from Legend, so I'm looking forward to how Asadal will fare!
Nirvana in fire: is it the Cdrama that some beanies were gushing about? because it did seem very tempting! :)

@delsatu April 15, 2019 at 10:01 AM

I know what you mean about the vibe of the older Kdramas. Heck, 2005-2006 was also noteworthy. It gave us flicks like THE KING AND THE CLOWN and DUELIST (not to mention the drama SOULMATE!!). CONSPIRACY IN THE COURT aired in 2007. I really enjoyed the 2006 Korean-Chinese wuxia / sageuk BICHEONMU / DANCE IN THE SKY -- which didn't air in Korea until 2008. DAMO came out even earlier, in 2003, and initially turned me off with the rocktastic OST and wire-fu. I gave it another shot about a year ago, and totally enjoyed it. Who knew?!

Yes, NIRVANA IN FIRE is a Cdrama. (There's also an NIF2.) I read the first 100+ translated chapters of the web novel before watching the show. It helped me understand what was going on, especially with such a large cast. Your mileage may vary, of course. ;-)

I bow to your drama knowledge!

This looks epic,it reminds me of fantasy cdramas and it's good😍 And i adore Song Joong Ki's hair and general appereance!

The costumes, except for Song Joongki's character, seem more Western than I thought I would be - Jang Donggun looks like he stepped out from Game of Thrones 😜

I've been curious about pre goryeo+Joseon era and I really hope someone would make a drama about this era.
I'm not good with history, but I didn't expect Gojoseon will look like medieval Europe. So this teaser is actually lower my expectation. I don't expect it will be 100% accurate either, but I don't know... I'm just not feeling it.

@manohira mano,
When I asked Mr. P. his impression of the scene with the red-plumed soldiers, he replied that they looked like Romans, but the building looked medieval. That was my impression, too. Jang Dong-gun could pass for Richard III. "A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!" ;-)

I'm really sad that I'm not expecting this drama to accurately portray Gojoseon in any way, especially because I would love to learn more about ancient Korea, but I'm still allowing myself to be hyped up for the story and the cast. Oh, and the incredible PD-writing team.

Too far back to be accurate. None of the original records survived if any.

I know, but i expected they would make comparison with and get inspiration from other kingdom at the time. This medieval Europe and GoT costume is really something that I never imagine for a story set in pre three kingdom era.
It's just a 30 seconds teaser, I believe there will be more. After all, the show runner must have done extensive research before started writing this drama.
But this teaser has made me less excited than before.

There'll be intense scenes of Song Joong Ki making warpaint... grinding stone and pounding it into powder, abs and arm muscles heaving and sweaty - does he have abs? I never noticed, because I was always looking at his face - and colouring it with the sap of some strange leaf or root, and smearing it on his face. A lot of time was spent making your own makeup in those days.

Literally the first I'm hearing of this... But sounds interesting.

I'm staying away from this for now, the teaser didn't excite me. Then again, this is not the usual genre I watch.

All the best to the cast and crew. With all the hype surrounding the drama, hopefully it will be translated on screen and also in ratings. Hohoho

I'm all for the pretty, who really wants to see realistically rotten teeth, but it seems like they could soften up the makeup a bit given the time frame.

As a researcher of prehistory and history, I was a bit disappointed with the costumes. The period that this series is set on, should be proto-history correct? (I'm more familiar with Europe). And yet, only Song Joong-ki was dressed as a tribal man (close to what Homo sapiens wore in Recent Prehistory, such as the Mesolithic and Neolithic-have you people read about Otzi the Iceman?).

The others are questionable, a mix of Game of Thrones' costumes and dresses from that remind me of the 3 Kingdoms. Never thought people would be that advanced technology and culturally.

Seems that the people behind this project didn't do much research huh. It would only take one night to read some research papers.

never thought that I'm gonna see Otzi the iceman being mentioned in DB XD

@hanie, LOL! You never know what you'll see on DB. We are a cultured bunch. That's why I love it. ;-)

@kathia,

I think you'll enjoy this timeline for Bronze-Age Korea:

“Korea, 1000 B.C.–1 A.D.” In Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History. New York: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 2000–. http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/ht/?period=04&region=eak (October 2000)

I'm always fascinated to see how material culture is depicted in sageuks. I don't know if this might help directly with the question of appropriate clothing, but you might enjoy taking a look at a digitized copy of Farmers of Forty Centuries, or Permanent Agriculture in China, Korea and Japan by Franklin Hiram King (1911). It's a fascinating book.

There's a chapter on silk culture which notes on page 311 that the fiber has been produced using mulberry leaves in China since at least 2,600 BCE. Elsewhere it states that wild silkworms are fed oak leaves to produce naturally-beige tussah silk.

Ramie is native to East Asia, so that's another textile fiber that could probably be used for costuming. It appeared in REBEL: THIEF WHO STOLE THE PEOPLE. ;-)

Thank you so much for that information. Really, really interesting. I've only read about the 3 kingdoms and Goryeo and Joseon. Never did a proper research on the previous periods.

Based on those timelines, it would be around between proto-history (often characterized as Bronze Age, Iron Age and a smaller minority called Coper Age) and ancient greece in Europe.

Certainly, China has a longer period of prehistory and history going way back to Homo erectus. But, Korea is fascinating as well. I still think misinterpreted this time period for their drama. I know Asadal is a myth, but as you pointed out, there are artifacts that could help them on their drama production.

Well, the teaser was short. I guess I'll have to wait for the full trailer to fully judge what I saw.

Million thanks.

@kathia,
You're most welcome. ;-)

This is a dandy history resource for sageuk fans:
As you can see, up until now, there haven't been any dramas set in Gojoseon. That's why I wanted to watch JUMONG, because that one goes back the furthest. One of the themes in that drama was the development of iron and steel weaponry by the Han Chinese, and the strenuous efforts of the Koreans to do their own metallurgical innovation.

Mr. X is one of the celebrated Kdrama and Kfilm mavens who wrote extensively on those subjects, subtitled dramas, etc. Here's his website, which is still online, but no longer active. Written In The Heavens Subbing Squad (WITH S2) cranked out tons of great subtitles that included dandy historical and linguistic notes.

-- be sure to leave a trail of breadcrumbs when you visit, or you may never find your way out. Enjoy. ;-)

As usual this conversation is way more interesting than this drama is likely to be.

@leetennant I've read all the comments. Yours is the best.
Apparently there's internal conflict while making the drama. Even though I posted the link at the end of this, I can't recall what it says...something about long hours and underpaid?

@PakalanaPikake

I watched Jumong and really enjoyed it. I also remember watching Ballad of Suh Dong and how they showed the making of clothing and dyeing. But, I'm most fascinated with technology and how the societies cope with innovation and discovery.

Have you people seen the movie Alpha? The beginning of the movie showed the stone crafting. The main stone tool that showed was a Biface via a process known as lithic reduction.

I know many fans like politics mainly in historical dramans. But, I would rather see a bit more of culture and costums than politics and royalty. I hope Asadal can explore some of the pivotal lifestyle of the people living on that period. How they live, how they hunt, what they eat, what they produce, among many others.

But, I guess I should not keep my hopes that high though.

Oh PP, how you do educate and edify! I'm nearly blind because I couldn't make it expand, but what an interesting book! The foreword, Introduction and first chapter were amazing, esp with all the emphasis on conservation. It made me sad that over a hundred years ago, this author was pointing out American wastefulness and it hasn't changed for the better (but now Japan, China and Korea are more like us). Cool book, thanks PP!

@bbstl, You're most welcome. King's book is back in print, so you don't have to wreck your peepers. You can read it on a Kindle, too. Farmers of Forty Centuries was on the reading list for a biodynamic gardening course I took years ago.

My exact first thought was - Is korea doing a game of thrones version? The costumes of JDG is very Ned Stark.

I'm thinking that it will start around the later "Paleolithic period (Stone Age)? Then there will be a merged with the Neolithic ethnic group then we'd get to the Bronze Age where the story will take off around 1800 BC.
That's when the widespread of painting design at least in Korea and Manchuria is estimated.
I'm guessing based on Jong-ki's face paint.

Thank you for the teaser and progress report on ASADAL CHRONICLES, @tipsymocha. ;-)

I'm looking forward to seeing Gojoseon after going nuts for JUMONG. It featured the founding of Goguryeo as a home for the descendants of people displaced by the fall of Gojoseon.

The pedigree of the production teem really caught my eye. ;-)

"teem"? Sheesh.

I couldn't recognize Jang Dong-gun...

A little different than what I expected, but I think it's because I don't really have a point of reference regarding this time in Korean history. Nevertheless, definitely looking forward to this particularly because of the people involved with the writing and directing.

I expect this drama to be one of 2019 finest but if it flops, no problem,why??
SONG JOONG KI AND KIM JI WON IS ON MY PHONE SCREEN.
For the rest of the cast, I'm not too familiar with them, the producers and writers, haven't watched their drama. I'm going all in because of joong ki and ji won.

I am really excited about this.

I did not realise we would get pagan Song in this drama. Looks interesting...

It looks more like fantastic-historic Cdrama than a usual korean one. And I don't watch this kind of dramas but I guess I will try this one for the cast :)

I like Kim Ji Won and Kim Ok Bin, but to be honest, I'm keeping up with the news of this drama just because of the one and only PD KWS :)
My top-3 Kdrama of all time are Misaeng, My Ajusshi, and Nine: Nine times travel, and PD KWS is obviously special for me because he hold top-2 places in that list :)
But yeah, the potraying characters and costume in this teaser are not what I've expected, bit disappointed on the first look, but I'm holding optimism that PD KWS won't be jumping into this without extensive discussion with the writer on how the story is going to be potrayed, which shouldn't be baseless and screwed, hehe..
Finger crossed.

Where to see the trailer

Click on the white triangle in the center of the second photo. ;-)

I suspect this is the issue with a lot of dramas and after the death during Hwayugi last year staff are beginning to speak up about it. It's easy to blame the live shoot schedule but it seems this is fully pre-produced so there's really no excuse to treat staff this way. This is something that is really close to blowing up for people in the industry and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a major scandal and industry overhaul within the next year.

My question would be how do the long hours and mistreatment of staff affect the quality of the drama? Not that that's the most important issue here...

The production team of Hwayugi deliberately left mistakes in an episode that aired to bring attention to their plight. I imagine even when it isn’t publicized it does negatively affect the quality of the drama. How often do we see a good drama slide into muck towards the end of its run?

if you're working all the time you can't do a good job. we're used to late nights but editing and being tired of course will lead to mistakes. how is it possible you can be in top shape if you can't barely sleep and eat. but you can also always tell when a crew is happy even if the labor should totally be overhauled and the crew need to be paid more money. it's sad.

Death? I thought it was a serious (paralysis?) injury?

The accident in Hwayugi resulted in the staff member becoming paraplegic.

Some info about The Hanbit Center, one of the organization that filed the complaint for violating labor standard acts in Asadal. The Hanbit Center was established following the suicide of 'Drinking Alone' producer Lee Han Bit in 2016, who is said to have suffered poor working conditions.

Ok now somebody please tell me that it is a coincidense that Sam-Jang's real estates company name in Hwayugi was Hanbit...

There was a death associated with 30 but 17.

it's always an issue. i think live-filming is a ridiculous concept and it makes sure you have way shorter turnaround. there's so much put into production legally and for safety and productions don't adhere to any sort of labor laws and not for kids. and the crew is just overworked. genuinely i think pre-produced is a bit more humane i guess but that also means more time for extension and not relying on the light and weather. unfortunately this happens everywhere and like the hancinema thing says it's just exploitation (and they dnt get paid anything close to the actors though they do the most work)

Watching Inspector Jo and realizing how apropos this drama is at the moment. It has a lot of heart too.

it sucks that they're doing what they love and it gets sullied. it's so important to treat crew with respect. these people are really dedicated and to not quit in the middle;--;

Thanks for that link with the details, @linda-palapala. Very disturbing.

After reading the article I realized how apropos Inspector Jo is right now. Surprisingly, it has a lot of heart.

The production is criticised for severe working conditions for stuff while filming abroad - 20 hours long day, no rest, didn't feed them well, no pay for supporting cast, etc. They should change the labor law, because even if the drama is good, they should respect human rights and pay everybody not just the big stars.

If I couldn't read Korean or recognize Song Joong Ki, I wouldn't think it's a Korean drama at all. I almost didn't when I first saw the teaser.

Some genuinely interesting details you have written.Helped me
a lot, just what I was searching for :D. https://www.custombandez.com

This drama looks interesting @peridot

I heard about this drama a while back. I can't believe I missed this article. Then again, I've been so busy. I'll watch the trailer again when I'm home. The above comments from our fellow Beanies regarding accuracy and proto-history are very interesting.

The trailer looks good. This one might be worth checking out.

So excited for this! I was just wishing the other day that there were more non-Joseon historical dramas (I like historicals but tired of all the Joseon ones). I don't care if there is a heaping amount of myth and fiction in this drama, if anything that makes me more excited. This is definitely the drama I'm most looking forward to.

I'm looking forward to Different Dreams.

Yess! Joseon is fun and all but I need more three kingdoms era! Specifically Silla!
And I have a soft spot for fantasy sageuks so if this has myth it, like the number of things there are to make me like this drama just keep going up and up

reminds me of moribito @[email protected]

Thị trường châu Á được biết đến là khu vực bị ám ảnh bởi game di
động và các ứng dụng mạng xã hội.
Tăng trưởng trong lĩnh vực quảng cáo trên mạng Internet có động lực chính từ mạng xã hội và quảng cáo bằng dạng thức video như các quảng cáo trên Facebook
và YouTube. Có hàng trăm công ty khác nhau cung cấp các thành
phần cho lĩnh vực bảng hiệu kỹ thuật số.
Thực tế này đã xảy ra rất nhiều lần với người sử dụng đầu thu Humax vì ở mỗi địa phương
VTC thường phát một tần số khác nhau và thường xuyên thay đổi tần số phát.
Các phát hiện được làm rõ hơn khi một số người dùng đưa thông tin lên mạng xã
hội cho biết các phần mềm diệt virus của họ đã gắn cờ
Youtube đang có vấn đề. Các quảng cáo đã được chặn trong vòng 2 giờ từ khi xuất hiện và các thành phần độc hại cũng đã nhanh chóng được gỡ bỏ khỏi nền tảng trang web ngay
sau đó.

Quảng cáo, Quảng Cáo Sân Bay nội bài hà nội, Quảng cáo sân bay,
Tại đây, Website, Công ty quảng cáo, Dịch vụ
quảng cáo sân bay, quangcaosanbaynoibaihanoi.blogspot.com, màn hình tại sân bay,
Quảng Cáo sân bay nội bài Giá Rẻ
Chuyên Nghiệp

Late to this thread but whatever. I was onboard with this as soon as I heard it was set in Gojoseon, cos I'm a history nerd and the older we can go the better imo.
And now reading those writing and directing credit??
Sign me up 100 times and to the moon and back. I don't even care if I'm burnt. A Gojoseon sageuk with SFD and TWDR writer? Why wouldn't I watch that.