Premiere Watch: Chief of Staff
Time slot: Friday & Saturday
Episode count: 20 episodes
How good is a show that it can lure an actor back to dramaland after a decade-long absence? That’s what I wanted to know when I first heard that Lee Jung-jae would be headlining Chief of Staff. Happily, we don’t have to wait any longer to see what drew, not just Lee Jung-jae, but an entire roster of incredible actors to the show. The political drama will throw a spotlight on the players behind the seats of power and the politicians who strive to amass as much power as possible. Lee Jung-jae serves as the chief of staff to Kim Gab-soo, who has his eye on the presidency.
The ensemble cast is rounded out by Shin Mina as a freshman assemblyman and Jung Jin-young as a veteran politician and old foil of Kim Gab-soo’s. Jung Woong-in and Lee Elijah are political aides, with Kim Dong-joon joining them as a fresh-faced and unjaded intern. Political intrigue and a stellar cast have me intrigued. The drama will be split into seasons, with each season airing 10 episodes.
- Lee Jung-jae gets egg-spattered for Chief of Staff
- JTBC’s Chief of Staff shows us those who will change the world in new teaser
- Character posters for the movers and shakers in JTBC’s Chief of Staff
- Lee Elijah, Kim Dong-joon join Lee Jung-jae, Shin Mina in JTBC’s Aide
- Lee Jung-jae considers dramaland comeback with Life on Mars writer