Lee Seon-kyun, Jung Ryeo-won to co-star in new JTBC drama Prosecutor’s War
Lee Seon-kyun (My Ajusshi) and Jung Ryeo-won (Greasy Melo) have confirmed that they will star in JTBC’s upcoming Prosecutor’s War. Based on a bestselling book by Kim Woong who is a real-life prosecutor, this drama will depict the everyday office life of prosecutors from a rural district.
Lee Seon-kyun’s character is a prosecutor with strong survival instincts. He seems good-natured and unambitious, but he can pack a punch when he wants to. He works in the second investigatory unit of the Jinyoung branch office.
On the other hand, Jung Ryeo-won plays an elite prosecutor that goes from the central prosecutor’s office to the Jinyoung branch. Whether it’s a move that she wanted herself or was forced upon her has not been made clear. I loved her role as a sassy prosecutor in Witch’s Court, so I’m hoping for more of it from her.
Monday-Tuesday JTBC drama Prosecutor’s War, directed by Lee Tae-gon (Age of Youth), and co-written by Lee Hyun and Seo Ja-yeon, will begin airing in the latter half of this year.
Via Hankuk Kyungje
- My Ajusshi: Episode 1
- Bong Joon-ho’s new film Parasite confirms ensemble cast
- Lee Jia joins tvN’s My Ajusshi as Lee Seon-kyun’s wife
- My Ajusshi cast lineup secured with Lee Seon-kyun, IU headlining
- Greasy Melo: Episodes 1-4
- Jang Hyuk, Jung Ryeo-won, Junho to star in SBS’s Greasy Melo
- Witch’s Court: Episode 1
- Shaky beginnings and insidious coverups in Witch’s Court