Call for minion applications: Recap for Dramabeans!
It’s time for minion tryouts! I can’t believe it’s already been more than three years since our last call for applications. (Where does the time go?!) Try as we might, we haven’t had the capacity to cover all the fantastic dramas out there. Join the Dramabeans family and save a show from languishing in obscurity!
If you’re passionate about dramas and would like to be a part of our crazy family, we want to hear from you. We’re mostly in search of recappers, but are also interested in news writers (news requires literacy in Korean). We do pay after an initial training period.
Instructions for recaps:
- Write a sample recap of an episode not recapped on Dramabeans. Make sure to include a comments section. No screencaps necessary.
- Tell us about you and a few of your favorite dramas. You don’t have to write an essay; we just want to know a little bit about you and how your tastes run. Also, let us know if you need subtitles, or if you can recap raw episodes from Korean.
- If you have a blog, send us your link. This does not replace the sample recap step.
- Email your sample to hello @ dramabeans.com. We’ll accept Word or text documents, PDFs, or recaps written into the body of the email.
Instructions for news:
- Select a news article from a Korean source, on something we haven’t written about on Dramabeans. Write a news post and send us the link to the original article.
- Tell us about yourself and what areas of news most interest you.
- Email your sample to hello @ dramabeans.com.
Deadline: Midnight on Tuesday, August 13, 2019
- Make sure your sample is proofread and ready to publish. (We won’t be publishing them, but we want to see a finished product.)
- You don’t have to recap the first episode of a series, but they are easier to follow. You might have better luck with a first episode than one in the middle.
- Spend some time on the comments section. Pretend nobody’s watched the show yet, as though you’re recapping it on the day it aired.
- Don’t worry about sounding like us or using our lingo; we want you to sound like you.