Character stills for When Camellia Blooms with Gong Hyo-jin, Kang Haneul
New stills have been released featuring actors Gong Hyo-jin (Jealousy Incarnate) and Kang Haneul (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart) in KBS’s upcoming romance When Camellia Blooms.
The drama follows the character of Dong-baek, played by Gong Hyo-jin, who is stumbling her way through life and lousy relationships when she meets Kang Haneul. Named Hwang Yong-shik, Kang’s character is a true romantic who stands by the mantra that all you need is love. Although the world around them scoffs at their idealistic views, the two develop an attraction to each other and begin a romance.
In the newly released stills, we get a small peek at both of the main characters. A casually dressed Kang Haneul smiles in one photo and we see him scowling in his police uniform in the other.
In Gong Hyo-jin’s photos, she’s dressed in jeans and sneakers, and she’s in the middle of moving into her new home. In the story, the character moves into a small backwater town where everyone knows everyone. As she is a rare newcomer to the area, she causes the neighborhood to go on alert.
Writing for When Camellia Blooms is Im Sang-choon (Fight My Way), and directing is PD Cha Young-hoon (Are You Human Too).
KBS’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama When Camellia Blooms is currently set to premiere on September 18.
- Lee Sang-yi joins the cast of When Camellia Blooms
- Kang Haneul is back and signed up for post-military comeback drama
- Gong Hyo-jin considers becoming single mom for KBS rom-com thriller
- A brother without memories in Kang Haneul’s new film Forgotten
- Hot-blooded police hopefuls Park Seo-joon and Kang Haneul in Midnight Runner
- Why You Should Watch: Biscuit Teacher Star Candy
- A mother’s worst nightmare comes true in upcoming thriller Missing