Choi Jin-hyuk becomes superhero for OCN Rugal
His last drama just wrapped this past September, but Choi Jin-hyuk (Justice) has already confirmed his next project. Choi will headline OCN’s new action-hero drama Rugal.
The drama is adapted from a webtoon published on Toomics, also called Rugal, and is centered around a man name Kang Ki-beom, which is the role that Choi Jin-hyuk has accepted.
The character was once an elite police detective who was aggressively targeting a nation-wide criminal organization called Argos. But, of course, Argos soon retaliated against him and, due to their workings, he hit the lowest of lows in his life. He suffered the loss of his loving wife, lost both his eyes, AND was framed for murder.
At rock bottom, he’s rescued by a shadowy special-ops group called Rugal. Rugal uses biotechnology to surgically gift him two prosthetic eyes with enhanced abilities. With his new special powers, Kang then starts a new chapter in his life as an agent under Rugal and works with them to bring down the crime syndicate.
Although Choi Jin-hyuk has been played several similar hero types, I am intrigued by the aspect of super powers. I haven’t read the webtoon, but I’m guessing that his character will be on the darker side, similar to Batman, but with some kind of super vision power. This is OCN, after all, so hopefully we’ll get something really gritty and good.
OCN’s upcoming Rugal is currently being planned to air next year in the early half of 2020.
- Justice: Episodes 1-4 (Review)
- Mailman Choi Jin-hyuk and Christmas fairy Jang Nara for An Empress’s Dignity
- Choi Jin-hyuk up to headline MBC rom-com Devilish Joy
- Yoon Hyun-min, Choi Jin-hyuk form detective duo for OCN’s Tunnel
- Choi Jin-hyuk discharged from army early due to knee injury
- Choi Jin-hyuk turns vampire next for Japanese movie
- Choi Jin-hyuk up to play legal whiz in Pride and Prejudice
Tags: Choi Jin-hyuk