Jung So-min, Shin Ha-kyun up for KBS medical drama Soul Repairer
Jung So-min’s (Hundred Million Stars From the Sky) agency has announced that she is currently considering an offer for Soul Repairer. This drama centers around a story about psychiatrists and their patients, and it will explore the question of basic happiness in a medical context.
Shin Ha-kyun (Bad Detective) has already confirmed that he will be playing a prickly, eccentric psychiatrist at a general hospital who has a hardened system of beliefs. If Jung So-min confirms, she will play a passionately righteous musical actress who helps mental patients with their recovery through theater.
If Jung signs on, it will be the first time she and Shi Ha-kyun have worked together. Though it’s a medical drama, it would be nice to see a bit of lightness and humor mixed in, since both their last drama projects dealt with some pretty heavy subject matter.
Upcoming KBS drama Soul Repairer, written by Lee Hyang-hee (King’s Face) and directed by Yoo Hyun-ki (Matrimonial Chaos), will air in the early half of next year.
- [Actor Spotlight] Jung So-min
- Hundred Million Stars From the Sky: Episode 1
- A monster on the ledge in tvN’s The Smile Has Left Your Eyes
- A Hundred Million Stars Falling From the Sky remake confirms Seo In-gook, Jung So-min
- Bad Detective: Episodes 1-2
- Face-off between violent investigator and ruthless psychopath
- The story behind the suit in Shin Ha-kyun’s Bad Detective
- Luther adaptation Bad Detective holds first script reading