Kim Hye-soo, Joo Ji-hoon confirm high-powered elite lawyers roles in SBS legal drama
Actress Kim Hye-soo (Signal) has confirmed she will be making her long-awaited drama comeback, after a four year hiatus, with Hyena. She will be joining Joo Ji-hoon (Item) in this drama about the cutthroat world of the lawyers who serve the top 1% of society. They use the law like a finely honed weapon to take down their enemies.
The showrunners are being frugal with plot details, but we know that Kim Hye-soo will be playing a character named Jung Geum-ja who will do anything for money. Joo Ji-hoon will be playing Yoon Hee-jae, a man born with a silver spoon and is the most elite of the elite. Both these actors are excellent at walking the gray line of moral ambiguity while still making you want to root for them, so I’m looking forward to seeing what they can do with this material.
What’s even more exciting is that PD Jang Tae-woo of You From Another Star and Tree With Deep Roots will be directing from a script written by Kim Roo-ri, the writer who won the 2013 SBS screenwriting contest. Furthermore, the talent management agency KeyEast is expanding into production with Hyena, as well as the upcoming Psychopath Diary.
New SBS Friday-Saturday drama Hyena will begin airing in the first half of 2020.
- 55th Baeksang Arts Awards
- Kim Hye-soo becomes the beautiful but cruel Special Lady
- Kim Hye-soo to make cameo appearance in Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim
- Kim Hye-soo conceives a not-so-accidental mistake in Goodbye Single
- [Actor Spotlight] Joo Ji-hoon
- Item: Episodes 1-2
- Kingdom: Series review, part 1
- Fighting a god in MBC’s sci-fi action thriller Item