Jang Nara considering new role in tvN rom-com
A new tvN drama is on the horizon called Oh My Baby and an offer has been made to actor Jang Nara (VIP) to play the lead.
The drama is a rom-com centered around a single woman in her late 30’s who doesn’t want to get married, but very much wants to have a baby on her own. It still takes two to tango, so to speak, and the female lead meets three men who could potentially be the right guy to father her child. There was a point in her life when all she dreamed about was romance and marriage, but, though she searched, love never appeared. But when she decided that she didn’t want love or marriage, three different men suddenly appear in her life and she gets caught in a dilemma as they each express interest in her.
It seems really fast for Jang Nara to be considering another role because her current drama is still on air. However, VIP was actually pre-produced and all filming has already been completed. I’m not a fan of the title, Oh My Baby, but it would be nice to see Jang Nara in a cheerful show after all the melodrama and angst in VIP as well as in An Empress’s Dignity before that. She’s always great in any genre, but I do like seeing her in lighter fare because of her natural charm and sweetness.
tvN’s upcoming rom-com Oh My Baby is currently being planned to air in the summer of next year.
- VIP: Episodes 1-2 (Series Review)
- Promos for Jang Nara, Lee Sang-yoon in mystery office drama VIP
- An Empress’ Dignity: an unexpected journey into makjang
- [Actor Spotlight] Jang Nara
- Jang Nara up to play snooty blind heroine in Dog, Witch, and Me
- Jang Nara, Sohn Ho-joon tie the knot for new KBS drama
- Jang Nara’s faux ’90s idol group for One More Happy Ending
- Jang Nara and Seo In-gook’s icy partnership begins
Tags: Jang Nara