Choi Siwon and Uee to star in new MBC project
Casting has been confirmed for actors Uee (My Only One) and Choi Siwon (My Fellow Citizens) in a new MBC rom-com, called Augmented Bean Pod.
Choi Siwon stars in the drama as Min-joon, a character who enjoys virtual reality dating as a pastime and struggles with finding genuine love in real life. Enter Uee, playing the role of Ji-won, who meets Choi’s character through a virtual reality app. Naturally the two fall in love and, as their feelings grow, they try to navigate their relationship from the virtual platform into reality.
Directed by film director Oh Ki-hwan (Fashion King, The Art of Seduction), the drama is one of eight single-episode features in a sci-fi anthology series called the SF8 Project. In a collaboration between MBC, the Directors Guild of Korea, and Wavve (a streaming platform), each story will be produced by a different director. All stories will follow the same theme: imagining a future in which human society has become further entwined with advanced technology.
The director’s cut of Augmented Bean Pod and the SF8 series is set to be released in July, through Wavve, and the original standard version premieres on MBC in August.
- Romance and intimidation in new promo for My Fellow Citizens
- First script read for family drama My Only Ally
- Grabby hands and upbeat spirits for Choi Siwon in Revolutionary Love
- Uee and Jaejoong cozy up under the sun in new Manhole stills
- Lee Yo-won and Uee fill Jin Gu’s mind in first posters for Night Light
- Smiles and hugs for Uee and Lee Seo-jin’s Marriage Contract
- Siwon considers MBC rom-com She Was Pretty