Open Thread #650

Happy Friday everyone!

Here is your Open Thread, which is here for you to chat about anything you want, whether it be drama-related or not. Nothing’s off-topic here! Spoilers may be rife, so proceed accordingly.

Yay, got here first! Hope you Beanies are all healthy and in a good mood, even if a lot of us are getting side effects from too much social distancing/lockdown/confinement/ etc (choose yours). Watched some dramas this week, but honestly, going into my 3rd week of lockdown, days and weeks are getting blurry 😋. Fortunately, When the weather is fine and Hyena have been wonderful in taking my mind off things... Among the stuff I've been watching these two are my total faves 💚💚💚
So, from the midst of my cabin fever induced insanity, sending you all a lot good vibes

I like the change in the Open Thread header. Speaking of which, just about every day I see a new article about CLOY. The series has been making the circuit to other Asian countries, with the same mass appeal and publicity.

On the other hand, it appears the Korean film industry is about to suspend its operations as COVID-19 continues to spread and theater revenues have collapsed. A major film shoot complex reported that four major productions canceled their rentals for the entire year. We should expect a major slowdown in new dramas in films for the rest of the year.

I wondered how they kept filming in the midst of their outbreak. Interesting. And disappointing 🙁

Oh no, and I was just talking about how they were so dependable.

I haven't noticed any dramas halting production yet (although some, like Weather, did take short breaks a little while ago) but yes, seems like the film industry is making moves. They're probably concerned about a second wave.

Both Yoo Seung-ho and Seo In-gook's upcoming films postponed production, leading both actors to step down from the projects. :(

It depends on how many episodes were pre-produced before the hiatus, like Hi Bye Mama. Variety shows are halting for different reason: Running Man will not film new shows for two weeks. Happy Together is on hiatus to reform its show format.

As a follow-up, on April 8, tvN stated that ongoing Mon-Tues drama series 'A Piece of Your Mind' (also 'Half of Half'), starring Jung Hae In and Chae Soo Bin, is being cut to 12 episodes.
It appears low ratings (1.2%) is the probable cause for this action. It is notable because actors and staff only get paid after an episode is aired to they are taking a 25% pay cut.

Second wave and probably knowing movie theaters are not a good idea, if even open. They'd probably loose alot of money right now.

Have been reading that the government have said to contribute to marketing cost for films that was sett to release this quarter and also provide found to help other tittle go back into production. So to me it sound like many movies will be starting filming soon. "Rain and you story" with Kang haneul and Chun woohee have started filming. They had to do some changing as part of the movie was planing to be shoot in Japan. I think those movies that is mostly filmed overseas is in worse state...
So for dramas I do not think they would stop producing for now. But maybe if things changes it would be different. Of course the most important things is that everyone is safe on sett. :)

Weather took a break because Park Min Young was in Milano. They didn't want to take risks.

Ah

I’ve been wondering how they could keep going, but I guess we’ll see soon enough!

Apart from the logistics of filming (can’t really keep your distance!) it must be worth for films, surely....if you don’t know if movie theatres will be open or closed.

Everything is pretty awful right now so give yourself permission to just stop and do whatever you need to do to that helps you breathe. Stay safe Beanies.

Now back to my normal self. Kim’s Convenience season 4 finally dropped on Netflix, so I’ll be planted on the couch watching Mr and Mrs Kim bicker. Maybe I’ll break it up with watching the leads in Hyena bicker.

Any suggestions for other snappy bickery dramas I should check out. No need to limit to Korea.

As Time Goes By has some bickering, they definitely spark a bit.

I read Act Like it a few years ago and I remember really enjoying it and it having some banter bicker.

Oooh a fake relationship? One of my favorite tropes.

The whole series is well-done; character development and clever banter!

Hope things are ok with you and that Mr. Egads continues to be a source of entertainment while he's working from home!

And I hope you and Mr. Ally are doing well. Stay safe Ally, and remember to take care of yourself, and thank you.

I'm always on the alert to push my beloved Wild Romance onto someone! Snappy bickery is the perfect description for it!

Saikou no Rikon - starring Eita, Ohno Machiko, Ayano Go and Maki Yoko... one of my favorite J doramas!

the other is Date - starring Hasegawa Hiroki and Watanabe Anne... dweeby riot to watch!

Me yesterday: Kim's Convenience has dropped. I will NOT watch it. I'm saving it for next week when I have a long weekend. I will definitely not...
Me at midnight: Well, shit.

Kim's Convenience is still so good, I love it. It's like getting a quick social distanced hug from someone very funny.

When they were planning what they would do after the other died, I laughed so hard. That was so close to my relationship.

I've been rewatching BISCUIT TEACHER AND STAR CANDY, which has lots of bickering between Gong Hyo-jin and Gong Yoo. ;-)

Just finished it...first time through. Being new to dramas, it's interesting to go back to something finished so long ago. Although Gong Hao-JIn looks almost exactly the same now as she did back then! Overall, fun (if a tad silly) watch!

@oppa99 OppaC,
If you're new to Kdramaland, you, you might want to check out this dandy essay by GirlFriday on noona romances:

It will give you a passel of recommendations for other classic Kdramas. As will this article and the extensive comments. I've discovered many a wonderful show thanks to these lists which were published a year after I started hanging out at DB. Enjoy! ;-)

THANKS for the suggestions. I have often consulted the second page for ideas but hadn't looked at the "noona romance" site. Much appreciated...

@oppa99 OppaC,

You're most welcome. It's worth digging around to find vintage articles like this one. Now that I think of it, the older noona romances are refreshingly free of serial killers, an added bonus. ;-)

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Love Kim's Convenience!

Doesn't DB do theme of the month anymore?
I'm stuck at home and bored to death.

Oh check the beanie fan wall. Theme of the month is no longer on DB, so benaies took it upon themselves to still continue it. Beanies occasionally write on the fan wall. We have two themes running right now, Ajhumma April and one is a six words challenge.

Happy weekend Beanies and keep Beaning On! 😉

You know your days are all the same when you no longer dislike Mondays!😱 Drastic measures had to be taken, so Monday became Chore Day. Crisis averted!😆 Mondays are now long days, filled with cleaning, paperwork and Korean homework, but they end with the relief that the Tuesday-Friday holidays arrive again. Somehow my weekends are filled with distanced socializing, so weekends and weekdays changed places.

My friend and I still skype and study Korean on Saturdays, and on Sundays my parents and I get calls from relatives or we skype with my sister and the god siblings. The latter two have been a great source of comic relief during those sessions, being unaware that their grandparents and godmother Turtie can witness their mischief through the webcam.😂

Camp Nanowrimo started on Wednesday, so I am repeating my November 2019 shenanigans.😆 This time minus the Extraordinary You craziness, but the #6wordstorychallenge Beanies make up for it. Thank you for indirectly urging me to update my daily wordcount! :P I prefer to write down whatever comes to me on a daily base, and I hope that someday a novel plot will grow out of it. To make this a stress-free challenge, I am settling for a 3000 wordcount, but that will probably increase as time passes.

I also sort of 'committed' myself to a movie challenge this month. I made this huge movie list a few years ago, and I have been able to cross off a few titles ever since the lockdown started. I am hoping to cross off some more, but I am skeptical to turn it into a challenge. Real life does not stop interfering during Corona times, and I would rather not add unnecessary stress to the pile. However, it has been a nice substitute for K-dramas. I realized this week that I practically live on the fence when it comes to K-dramas, curiously peering at them from a distance, but reluctant to venture closer towards the play button. Recaps and Beanie recommendations make up for it though. I expect improvement once my friend and I start a new K-drama next week.

1st of all - I'm Alive means Cat-0-Cat is alive too. I always say never conflate your identity with a mere virtual identity. A virtual identity can be eliminated any day. Its characteristics, traits, personality can be easily altered.

In 2018 i had mentioned that better live a healthy life.
When you see those old people with that weak body - You feel the pain, I'm kind of afraid of it.
So i come with that natural human desire too - to have the body of 18 years old at the age 80. Now why can't humans have wings for a few days?

I was in for 65k till Summer and then everything back to normal few patients here and there but Kind virus is in golden form 75k-100k by April a good possibility.
Covid bro exposed inefficient systems, lousy approach and bad disaster management of almost every nation.

Trump can lose the election because of it!!?

the twisted irony of it all is that Trump is experiencing his HIGHEST approval ratings since inauguration @ 47%...

WTF???

Just looked it up out of 7 new polls he is up in one, same in 1, all others are down. Don't lose hope yet. Fox is the only poll he is up in, which is odd because the last two Fox polls showed him WAY down. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Drama (beans) in the time of COVID19. Hi beanies! I sincerely hope all of you are well! It is a strange time in our world, and I’m unsure how to process it all. However, I’m excited to see that our beloved Kdramas are still in production and that the virus has not affected them (or actually has bent to the will of the S. Korean response, which has been phenomenal). It was DB that first got me interested in COVI19 response actually. I just want to give a shout out to the S. Korean government and ministry of health for keeping COVID19 under control there. It’s been amazing to watch. Much unlike my own country, the great US of A, and our continued bumbling in almost every way. *hard eye roll*

I’ve gotten behind on my dramawatching because I’ve been preparing myself and my community for our own COVID19 response. (It is here, but not overwhelming us yet.) I am watching Hi, Bye Mama and Hospital Playlist. Man, both casts are just to die for. I love everyone in these shows. They all elevate them to being much better than they all would be. I still would like to check out Chae Soo Bin’s drama as well. I really identify with Yoo Yeon Soek’s character on Hospital Playlist, being a pediatric surgeon. Pediatrics was my first specialty. I’m a sucker for babies, toddlers, kids. I would be a wreck like him if I took care of them at their most vulnerable and they died despite the best care I could give. I wouldn’t be lying if I said I’m transferring some of my anxieties onto this show right now.

I’ve not kept up with DB or the recaps though. Just reading too much other stuff. However, I did read @javabeans wordpress surprise. I saw someone say something on twitter about it (and why have you not been on twitter, JB?) and I immediately jumped on it. She’s a great writer, I had almost forgotten how great. She’s watching the Weather show, which I honestly fell asleep watching when I started it—probably not its fault. It was really nice to “hear” her voice again though. I do read her stuff in her voice.

So, not much on the home front, or a lot on the home front, depending on how you look at it. I’m just glad I can spend a little more time with the kids at home. My dogs are overjoyed they’re at home all day now! One of their Zoom meetings had a hacker who cyberbullied my son for being Asian. That was a new experience. We’re still looking for the perpetrator. Daughter had a virtual math competition with math genius and another boy. I was the proctor for her. That was a new experience as well. These parents trying to figure out how to scan in their kids’ tests within a few minutes to meet the deadline—seriously stressful. Math genius’ internet went down for 20 minutes, but he still outscored the others.

Hope you are all safe and healthy—until next time!

Ally, glad to hear you are plugging along. Joining you on that ‘hard eye roll’ 🙄🙄🙄

Hope you and yours stay healthy!

Stay well, Doc @ally-le. ;-)

Thanks so much for mentioning Javabeans's "Winter Weather" post. What a treat!

Many recent reports of ZOOM have numerous security flaws. Never used it, not sure what alternatives there are.

Hello dear beanies,

It’s been about 3 weeks that I’ve been stuck indoors. My sanity is slowly slipping away. I feel so bored and restless all the time. Help! I can’t even focus on any dramas. Nothing interests me these days. Just fast forwarding through Want A Taste. And a bit of Heart Signal. All the scandals surrounding it got me curious. I like the last girl, she seems sweet and natural. I would date her (if I was a guy). All the 3 guys went gaga over her and I get it.
That’s it. That’s all I am watching. That and the news. Which gets more and more depressing each passing day. I don’t think the World will ever be normal again.

Stay safe Beanies.

Take care beans *finger hearts*

#stayhome unless you are essential workers.

For all essential workers, thank you so much for your hardwork!! You guys/ladies are awesome! Fighting! 💪🏻

I feel like I'm watching a bad disaster movie on all the web sites I normally go to for news. It's complete with everything we've seen in a zillion other bad disaster movies, like idiots of all ranks making things worse and extra problems piling on top of other problems. Cats can catch it!? You can spread it just by breathing!!?? Which is really hard to stop doing.

@lordcobol,
Oh, for the good ole days of over-the-top disaster movies such as TOWERING INFERNO and the POOPSIDEDOWN POSEIDON ADVENTURE... and JAWS to take our minds off real-life woes. I never watched any of them -- just read the MAD Magazine versions, which were probably better than the flicks themselves thanks to the savage spoofery of The Usual Gang Of Idiots. ;-)

wishing everyone continued good health during this pandemic.

Skate Into Love has become my crack drama as it's hitting all of the right rom/com notes for me. I think the changes that the drama has made from the novel have all been positive and that for the most part they are in keeping with the tone of the novel. Both the leads are great and all of the side characters are enjoyable.

Hello, all!
Please keep safe.
Dramas:
Reset: Liking this. It hits the sweet spot of kdrama
Find me in your memory: Am loving our sweet needy sensitive male. The personality and the facial features are my perfect type. It's so high concept and sometimes high concept doesn't work but this feels so real and i love that we have characters talking about their mental illness/struggles.
Nobody Knows: I love this drama, especially the flipping of expectations. A big hyungnim who kills easily but who has deep heart-to-heart with his underlings, an OTP where the weak guy is the one dependent on the strong woman.
Hyena: I hate heroine's dad and am hoping he gets destroyed soon. He reminds me of the worst patriarchal dads i've seen in dramas. The incompetent dad in Misaeng comes to mind. All these selfish dads that think their daughters owe them.
Marriageland -- This drama stresses me out and I want revenge, not reconciliation. The pregnant mistress is so selfish and petty. One of my favorite actors, plays her rich dad. This gives me hope that our adulterer will not be accepted into that family and may put mr adulterer in his plae. Unless rich dad wants to make life terrible for our heroine by slinging mud at her in order to protect his daughters reputation.
Rugal: Am trying to like this for Jin Hyuk's sake but i rarely like super-hero stories.

cdramas:
Guardians of the ancient oath totally failed me. Around episode 37 everything fell apart and then that ending. I'm wondering if the writer changed or something happened with the censorship board...killing an emperor wouldn't go down with the leadership, i guess.
Trying to start Skate into love, sleuth of ming dynasty, and my roommate is a detective.
Have a great weekend, all.

I've been enjoying NOBODY KNOWS, too. It reminds me in a good way of GOD'S QUIZ: REBOOT, which also starred Ryu Deok-hwan. I'm wondering what kind of twist is going to splice together the stigmata murders and the crew at the Millennium Hotel.

I totally agree re: Geum-ja's horrid father in HYENA. What a piece of work. It would be just peachy if she could somehow blindside the evil Song when she sends Pa back to the pen for life. In a just universe, they'd share a cell for a long, long time.

Hello yeorobun! Just like some (or most?) beanies here, I am also enjoying When the Weather is Fine. It's my first time enjoying such slow-paced, peaceful, and warm drama. Seasoned with poetic lines, lovely book club and endearing family, Weather really really fits to accompany us in this heavy COVID situation.

Today, I just stalked JTBC's IG account and am so amazed with Weather's promotional materials with such fresh concepts. I found lovely OOTD posts, some color palettes for certain scenes in the drama, Eun Seop's diary writings, some photo collages, and even I really love their concept of press conference back then (they did it in the library and wore such warm-tone outfits! Really in line with the drama). Last time, I was so intrigued to check this drama because of its beautiful poster and its drama trailer; their graphic designers or whoever made them really did a great job! Hopefully they are paid well.hehe. Yeorobun, please check JTBC IG, I also made some threads on twitter as I really want to save them in my archives.hehe

Color palettes: https://twitter.com/PratiwiWantri/status/1245977283627606018?s=19
Diary writings: https://twitter.com/PratiwiWantri/status/1245981269269204996?s=19
OOTD: https://twitter.com/PratiwiWantri/status/1245982188455129089?s=19
Press Conference: https://twitter.com/PratiwiWantri/status/1245985243565150209?s=19
Photo collages: https://twitter.com/PratiwiWantri/status/1245988303540637696?s=19

There are more you can discover on their IG. Go go check! hehe.

WHY did two cruise ships head out and are now off the coast of florida -- and WHO are the idiots that boarded those cruises in all of this pandemic??? were they not watching/listening to the news?

oh wait, they listened to Trump saying, we have 15 cases, then there will be none and it will miraculously disappear....

i have been handing out sewn cotton masks to family and friends here in seattle -- we are all supposed to be wearing homemade masks (non-surgical and N95s reserved for the healthcare workers) and/or scarves, bandanas...

stay safe everyone! get outside for a walk, but maintain at least 6 feet distance and please do wear cloth masks!

Ships of Fools. There's a reason for the Darwin Awards.

Even so, I can't believe it either, @spazmo. Here in NJ, despite the ban on large gatherings, people are still holding family events. What part of the Pandemic of 1918 don't they understand?

Dear Beanies...hope everyone's doing well...be safe...between working full day shifts from home and managing all household activities is keeping me on my toes (and with extended family staying together under one roof)...i used to have some help before but with lockdown all over the place, i guess like most people, our lives have become more hectic and chaotic than usual....but i'm grateful coz when i see the news, there are so many people who are facing grave difficulties...here's hoping things improve in coming days, until next time, take care of you and yours!

I am fortunate to still be working because I am an "essential worker." They have mandated us to wear masks at work and even marked off the floor with tape so we stay 6 feet apart. But we only need to wear the masks when moving around the facility. We can take them off at our desks.

You see this virus is very odd. It stays within 6 feet of its host and follows you as you move, instead of staying behind in the air and spreading throughout the facility like a normal virus.

The stress of the uncertainty and unnatural conditions is certainly exhausting. I go home and try to watch dramas and keep falling asleep in the middle, then wake up freezing atop my bed around midnight.

But I'm in good spirits and so is everyone I work with. The fact that I can joke about the virus and the nonsensical restrictions shows that (I hope). We just try to act like things are normal and carry on. Eventually, this too shall pass.

P.S. I'm not saying that social distancing is nonsensical, just that it doesn't mean we won't still be exposed to the virus. All we can do is try to slow it down.

Well, things that I didn’t want to happen in lockdown: I’ve lost a giant filling so I need to go around with a hole in my tooth for at least three weeks 😭 (it’s not enough of an emergency for emergency care).

I mean, there are many things that could be worse - I’m not seriously injured or anything, I’m not giving birth (a family friend just did, what a time to have a new baby) - but it’s still really upsetting!

That sucks. I accidentally bent my glasses the other day, very old should of replaced long ago, but I texted a friend that I need to be extra careful because I dont know if I even live in a world with optometrists any more, lol.

Glasses would be worse! I’m worried the baby’s going to rip the arm off my glasses (this happened to me with my eldest) and I’ll be left with prescription sunglasses to get me through 😂

If you have your prescription you can order online, but most of us don't keep that info around.

I know the feeling. I need a tooth fixed also, but impossible to get an appointment unless dire emergency.

Haha. Whenever anyone used to play that "what would you do in the event of an apocalypse" game, my answer was always, "as soon as my glasses break, I'm out!"

It's not like I'm going a bit stir crazy stuck inside and unable to go anywhere but I was going to do a list of the Top Ten Korean Dramas. And then I couldn't decide. And then I thought, "what if we all vote on it" and then I couldn't decide on what the poll choices should be. And the end of my crazy unravelling was this.

A three-part viewer-driven poll to determine the Top 10 dramas ever.

The Round 1 Survey has open fields, which has sported some "interesting" answers but we're also building a nice little list for Round 2, which will be... whenever I think we have enough dramas for a solid poll.

Also you might find it cathartic, like the person who responded that their daily anxiety was dramatic enough in these uncertain times.

I hope my dramas make it into all rounds. I want to vote 👩🏻‍💻🗳

It’s actually really hard for me to think of the best drama when l try - my favourite was easier!

I just finished watching My Strange Hero... It was nice and different from rich guy poor girl dramas...

Anyyeeonngg beanieeess!! I hope your doing fine despite of the virus outbreak that's happening around the world rn, i hope you all having fun with your families and relatives!! We will overcome this together!! Have a pleasant day!! ^^

another week in quarantine yayayyyy :( some dramas have kept me entertained while others... well not so much.
i hope youre all staying home and staying safe lets get into it
1. Starting with 'Hi- bye mama', well i mean i said this last week but like i wish the drama was actually having something happen, it's moving so slowly and i don't really see any progression in the situation at all since like episode 6. But theres only 4 episodes left so lets see how the story manages to finally resolve itself. Honestly watching for the side like characters' storylines at this point.
2. looks like for me the weather is not fine at all cuz i've stopped watching 'when the weather is fine' because idk, i just didn't find it entertaining or engaging at all. so yeah
3. loving out detective - comic writer couple in '365: repeat a year', the story is progressing well, not too fast just enough to keep me invested and interested in the drama. i'm loving the concept as they really have done something interesting with the whole time travel thing and it's really not cliche at all
4. 'Memorist' is at the top of my list of dramas this month. Super engaging and i love all the characters. the plot moves so fast however i find myself rewatching parts to keep in sync with our detectives. It's very interesting and i love it but isn't it about time we see some romanceee?????
5. 'couple's world' has done a great job in depicting married life (i think im only 18 idk anything about married life) and i'm really enjoying it actually. it's a good watch
those are all the dramas that made my open thread list this week. I am also watching 'welcome' but just for the cute cat and the cuter guys. i don't see myself taking anything about it seriously at all. genuinely the second couple is cuter and im more invested in them than the main leads. Side note: super excited for 'the king eternal monarch'
What do you guys think of these dramas? Anything else i should be watching? lmk :))

Right now I am tired of this self isolation. At first, I was happy to be taking a break from work and everything. I was catching up on dramas and recaps for the first week. By the 2nd week I got tired of everything, waking up late, sleeping late and just lying around. And I stay by myself 😭😭, imagine how boring it is. Even dramas could not hold my fancy anymore. I am just tired

But still all up on 365:Repeat the year, I can’t get tired of that shit 😊. I love that show

The film 'Train to Busan' popped up on the Viki movie list and I started to watch it, but recent events of the world have altered the subtext of the film. In 2016 it was film about zombies, In 2020 its a film about Coronavirus.

And the social commentary is still as spot on!

Did y'all see IU's video posted last Wednesday where she finally gets her driver's license at 28 and takes her dad for her first drive? It was cute. The Youtube video has thirteen THOUAND comments and four million views.

Awwww that’s so sweet. Okay I am off to watch it ❤️😂. But at 28?

Well, that's what she said. Her song Palette 3 years ago she sings about being 25 when she's 24. So Korean age counting can get a bit confusing.

IU is pretty talented all around, amazed that she just now got her license. (got mine at 15.5 many years ago).

Just because everything is about The Virus these days anyway - this made me laugh:

I am grateful that I have a job and that I have things that I can work on from home right now but oh my gosh my boss is getting on my nerves!!!!
Ok, We are entering week 3 of working from home (I think. Time means nothing). We have been working through Microsoft Teams. ALL. DAY. LONG he sends me chats and emails. We have meetings upwards of 3 times a day. We have a meeting with the entire staff once a week. I think its because he's bored and doesn't have enough to do to fill his micromanage-y days. I have a ton to do and send him a day by day, hour by hour break down of what I did during the week. Well, a ton to do thats productive is a stretch. But a ton that fills my days until I can get back into the library.
Last Thursday (I think) I realized that Teams is doing a garbage job working with my computer. When its on and running it makes my computer go super slow (and its already a slow machine) and it crashes at least once an hour when its running. So on Thursday and Friday I signed on for my (multiple) meetings with him and turned it off the rest of the day. My day was so much more productive. It was a dream. This morning---Teams didn't work. I did all that could reasonably be expected of me to get it going again: restarted the app, restarted my computer, uninstalled reinstalled the app, tried to use the website instead of the app. Nothing worked. I emailed my manager and told him Teams isn't working for me today. I'll download it on my tablet before our meeting this afternoon. Which I told him.
He just texted me: have you found a work around?
Me: Still isn't working on my computer. I downloaded it on my tablet. I'll try it on my computer later in the afternoon
Him: Well download it on your phone too. Do you have things to do to stay busy since Teams isn't working?

I didn't respond because my only response is leave me tf alone. LEAVE ME ALONE. NO I'm not downloading it on my phone so I can have ANOTHER meeting with you. When I turned in my weekly schedule last week I had over 20 meetings with him--each lasting upwards of an hour in a 5 day period. What do we talk about during these meetings? Its mostly him staring off at his family and making comments. And then nitpicking what I've been doing. I may never put that stupid app on my computer again. All it is is a way for him to get on my gd nerves all day long.
At our meeting today this is exactly whats going to happen:
He's going to repeat word for word what upper management said in last weeks daily updates.
Then he's going to ask us what we've been up to
Then everyone is going to show their pets/kids.
There's nothing to add.
I don't need to be mircomanaged. I've told him this MANY MANY TIMES. He doesn't listen.

We use Teams for our telemedicine visits. I don’t like it as much as Zoom, which I used prior (for the same purpose.). Good luck!

Well, Teams is back to working just fine for me. Just in time for another meeting. Yaaaaaaay. I've had it on for the last hour and my computer hasnt crushed once. But my meeting is supposed to start in 6 minutes. Just enough time for it to crash. Or set my computer on fire or something. :)

Oh, I saw that! Funny!
The meeting was over, and it's exactly what I thought it would be, with a bit of venting. The venting made the meeting worth it.

Currently locked down and, when I can, watching two suggestions made by our fabulous beanie community: newish/Viki (Stove League) and oldish/Netflix (Reply 1988). Helping to keep me sane(ish). Be safe, all!

I have been away from K-dramas for some time now. Can someone recommend a good one? Preferable one of the ongoing ones.

I just started I'll Go to You When the Weather is Nice. I'm really enjoying it so far, so I definitely recommend that one.

Thank you! I will definitely try it.

People's tastes are wildly different. There's a half dozen serial killer murder mysteries to choose from if that's your thing. Currently I'm watch a romance between a young woman and a house pet.

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone watched Eccentric! Chef Moon? The first episode was trope overload, but I thought maybe the writers were going for camp. The second episode was trope overload and I was hoping that somehow Eric Moon was going to make it all OK. When we got to the "harvesting the field of cabbage with the ahjumma" scene in episode 3 I threw in the towel and said to hell with it. Nope nope nope nope nope.

Stay healthy!

raficoso

I thought about it and realized that maybe trope overdose was the point and that I should give it one more shot.

I watched the first 20 minutes of episode 4 and in that time I saw about 10. Then I realized that they are underlining every single trope one way or another. I think I have to go back and watch the first three episodes, with a different mind set.

I am kind of into it now. First and second episodes I was like WTH?? - But then it grew on me as I realized that the tropes, cliches, impossible coincidences, etc. were all part of the theme/plot.

the site i was watching it on is now not loading... where are you guys watching?

I'm watching it on Viki.

Hello fellow Beanies
As we are easing into our 4th month of extreme social distancing (I live in Asia) and I've picked up K-drama again after 5 years of hiatus. It's not easy, our kids have been out of school for 3 months (since Chinese New Year)... thankfully there's some online learning to keep them busy.

Mommy has been working part time and catching up with what I have missed for the last few years. My recent favorites have been *Hospital Playlist*, *Find Me In Your Memory* and *When the Weather is Fine*

I'm surprised to be binging FMIYM, especially because I'm not into the thriller/stalker genre. I almost have to close my eyes each time they bring the stalker up. Hospital Playlist is dependable as usual and I love how they portray the emotional side of being a doctor (and other HCW) so well. The medical side is well thought out too, nothing that I can criticize (don't guess my occupation)

Anyway, it's wonderful to hear that everyone is staying home and healthy :) Fighting!!

I swear I'm going to scream if I see another K-pop music video where they sing into the top of the vintage (Electro-voice or Shure style) microphone as shown in the articles pic above. You actually speak/sing into the side of the mic, because that's there the holes are. *OK, rant over, back to COVID-19 reality*

Currently Airing

Prime-Time Shows This Week
Monday-Tuesday (May 18-19) Wednesday-Thursday (May 20-21) Weekend (May 22-24)