News bites: February 4, 2008
- Singer-producer-actor M, also known as Shinhwa’s Lee Minwoo, surprises fans with the announcement of a Valentine’s Day release for a mini-album, which follows his third solo album released last year, “Explore M.” Interestingly, the mini-album takes a departure from his usual hip-hoppy pop style, and boasts collaborations with some of the country’s top jazz, soul and funk performers. Along with the album, he’ll be giving a special Valentine’s concert in Seoul on the 16th and 17th (well, post-Valentine then).
- Song Il Kook was called over the weekend for inquiry in the reporter violence incident, for which he is being sued and is countersuing in response.
- Singer-actor Lee Seung Gi is currently appearing in a segment of the variety program Happy Sunday, displaying a stark contrast from his usual warm, cute image with a new, eccentric character. His “Heo Dang” is immature and flighty and speaks in a Saturi accent — and fans are loving his “oddball charm.”
- College student Moon Geun Young has returned to Korea after spending the holidays in Australia, ready to gear up for her next drama. Painter of the Wind, based on a book of the same name, centers around the rivalry between two artists in the Joseon era; her character is one of the artists, a woman who pretends to be a man. Let the Yoon Eun Hye comparisons begin, since we all know nobody‘s ever done the woman-dressed-as-man role before. Nobody tell Shakespeare.
- Fans wonder, did Jang Geun Seok have plastic surgery? They note a difference in his eyes and a higher bridge to his nose, and most agree that his face looks much different than his younger days. But, they concede, it could also be aging and loss of weight. I just know that he used to be so cute. *sigh*
SONG OF THE DAY
M (Lee Minwoo) – “Boy Friend” from his third album. [ zShare download ]