News bites: June 7, 2008
- Lee Jung Jin (Bottom of the 9th with 2 Outs, Love Story in Harvard) held his first official fanmeeting on May 30 in Tokyo, following the end of Bottom of the 9th‘s recent Japanese broadcast. A thousand Japanese fans were in attendance; he returned to Korea on the 31st to prep for filming his next movie, Daetol [대털].
- Kim Bum (I Like it Hot, Unstoppable High Kick) injured himself while filming a fighting scene in the upcoming drama East of Eden. Cast in the younger role of Song Seung Heon’s adult character, he was fighting with a stuntman, who struck him on the jaw — and split his chin (owwww). The injury, described as minor by management, was about 1cm in length and required five stitches. I thought stuntmen were there to ensure action scenes are safer.
- Currently promoting his solo album, Jun Jin addressed plastic surgery rumors on the June 7 episode of MBC’s Infinity Challenge — and admitted to a cosmetic procedure whereby fat was removed from his eyelids (to make them look larger and more open).
- The short drama Tokyo Shower, which got off to a lackluster start (its second episode recorded ratings in the 4% range), had its official message board hacked. On June 6, hackers took over the site with postings about opposition to American beef. Dude, if you’re going to hack a site to push your inflammatory propaganda, at least pick a popular show.
- Apparently the mere fact that Rain is singing the theme song to the animated feature Kung Fu Panda is enough to excite his fans, who packed the house on the 4th for a press conference where the music video for “Kung Fu Fighting,” the film’s theme song, was screened. I suppose nobody cares that the song is a crap remake of a kitschy, gimmicky jingle born of a cheesy ’70s chopsocky fad. Here’s Rain singing the theme:
SONG OF THE DAY
Jun Jin – “좋은 사람” (Good person) [ Download ]
- Jun Jin’s video too hot for network TV
- Korean-Japanese co-production Tokyo Showers
- Rain and Colbert: The dance(Dance Revolution)-off
- East of Eden completes its love geometry
- One more reason to watch East of Eden
- Rain as a Hollywoodified ninja
- Rain, watch out for that — *thunk!* — glass ceiling
- Korea, calm down. Stephen Colbert doesn’t hate Rain