Joo Won gets his leading lady in Bridal Mask
Now that we have our hero Joo Won and our villain Park Ki-woong, upcoming sageuk action blockbuster Bridal Mask (Gaksital) is moving on to its leading lady: rookie actress Jin Sae-yeon, who is currently headlining the daily drama My Daughter Flower. You might also recognize her from smaller roles in The Duo or It’s Okay Daddy’s Girl, but overall she’s a relatively new face.
Bridal Mask is a period piece set in the 1930s, during the Japanese occupation of Korea. It’s an adaptation of a comic book about a freedom fighter who wears a bridal mask to keep his identity hidden as he fights injustice, as superheroes like to do. It doesn’t say much about the heroine, but I’m guessing she gets rescued a time or two. Let’s hope she also does a little fighting back of her own.
At the helm is PD Yoon Sung-shik (Story of a Man) along with writer Yoo Hyun-mi (Green Rose). The production boasts a 10-billion won budget, and with talented up-and-comers like Joo Won and Park Ki-woong in the lead roles, it’s gaining a lot of interest and buzz. It’s certainly the May show to beat on my excitement meter. I pretty much can’t wait to see Joo Won kickin’ ass and takin’ names.
Bridal Mask held its first script reading on the 3rd, and premieres in May on KBS.
Via Sports Chosun
- Joo Won takes the lead in Bridal Mask
- Park Ki-woong joins Bridal Mask
- Ojakkyo Brothers: An Introduction
- Ojakkyo Brothers: Halftime report
- Park Bo-young’s Unidentified Video looks at 2012 release
- Dorky Uhm Tae-woong being (what else?) a dork
- UEE and Joo-won cast in weekend drama
- Choi Jin-hyuk, Lee Ji-hoon in upcoming drama
- It’s Okay, Daddy’s Girl: An overview