Kim Myung-min, Lee Min-ki drop Himalaya
Bad news for the based-on-a-true-story Everest movie Himalaya, which first lost Lee Min-ki and now has also lost Kim Myung-min. Is there even any point anymore? (Serious answer: I’m thinking no.)
It appears the production is the trouble, with continued delays spurring the casting drop-outs. Lee Min-ki has already picked his next project, noir movie For the Emperor, while Kim Myung-min had waited, perhaps considering how he was cast early and had put in months of prep work. He’d even traveled to the Himalayas earlier this fall with the man whose life he was set to portray.
Despite having a ready-made human interest story (it’s based on the 2004 Mt. Everest expedition wherein a team member died on the mountain and the team captain fought tooth and nail to recover his body), apparently the production has been struggling with script issues, in addition to budget matters. A rep from production company JK Film stated that the movie isn’t folding, but that it’s on hold for now. Not a promising sign, is it?
Kim Myung-min is back on the market for new roles, while Lee Min-ki has wrapped thriller movie Monster and is set to begin filming For the Emperor.
Via My Daily
- Lee Min-ki dives into action noir for Emperor
- Lee Min-ki set to challenge Kim Myung-min in Himalaya
- Lee Min-ki turns into a cold-blooded killer for Monster
- Kim Myung-min eyes based-on-a-true-story film Himalaya
- Lee Min-ki releases movie MV Everything
- Lee Min-ki and Kim Min-hee’s Temperature of Love
- King of Dramas: Episode 1
- Lee Min-ki in Cosmopolitan