Yoo Yeon-seok to star opposite Im Soo-jung in romantic thriller
Well it’s certainly somebody’s breakout year, and that someone’s name is Yoo Yeon-seok. The Answer Me 1994 star has scored himself one juicy lead role in a movie, opposite Im Soo-jung (All About My Wife) no less. He’ll be joining her newest film Secret Temptation, a remake of a 1960s Hollywood film apparently, though it sounds a hell of a lot more like the 1990s film Indecent Proposal. (Or was that a remake of a remake of a remake? Who knows anymore.) Yoo Yeon-seok will star as Im Soo-jung’s lover who sends her to seduce a wealthy man in a dangerous power game.
The movie is the latest project from director Yoon Jae-kyu, who directed the thriller Secret and penned Seven Days. Im Soo-jung stars as the main character who falls in love with Yoo Yeon-seok, but he sends her to marry a wealthy older man, played by Lee Kyung-young (Hwa-yi). Judging from the setup it’s certainly for nefarious reasons, not because he’s being a noble idiot and sending her away for her own good. The central couple is driven by the temptation of wealth, as they trade love for ambition and suffer the consequences of betrayal.
I hope there are also more Chilbongie-esque roles in Yoo Yeon-seok’s future, because he’s played his fair share of despicable characters (mostly because he’s just really good at them). But a headlining role in a movie opposite Im Soo-jung is worth gettin’ your evil on, I’d say.
Secret Temptation starts shooting early in the new year.
- Cast of Answer Me 1994 in all of the December photo shoots
- Answer Me 1994’s cast featured in Vogue shoot
- Answer Me 1994: Episode 1
- Character posters and intros for Answer Me 1994
- Go Ara and Yoo Yeon-seok headline Answer Me 1994 cast
- Im Soo-jung takes on psychological thriller, Kim Min-hee takes on Crying Man
- Sexy new posters for All About My Wife
- Lee Seon-kyun and Im Soo-jung cast as husband and wife
- Gong Yoo and Im Soo-jung for Vogue