Sung Dong-il cast as Gong Hyo-jin’s first love
That…seems wrong, right? But that’s apparently the next role for dramaland’s favorite dad Sung Dong-il (Answer Me 1994), who has signed on to join Noh Hee-kyung’s new drama It’s Okay, It’s Love. The role is a bit outside his usual dad-coach-gangster wheelhouse: he’ll be playing Gong Hyo-jin’s first love, that is if she signs on to headline along with Jo In-sung.
The new romantic melodrama is the latest from writer Noh Hee-kyung and PD Kim Kyu-tae of That Winter, The Wind Blows and Padam Padam, among others. It’s slated for SBS’s Wednesday-Thursday timeslot in July, and is still waiting for the leads to confirm. Meanwhile idol D.O. of Exo has been cast in a supporting role.
The drama will be about psychology, and contemporary people who nurse the smallest of physical ailments but leave their emotional scars untreated. The heroine is a first-year fellow in psychiatry, and the hero is a mystery novel writer and radio DJ who suffers from OCD.
Sung Dong-il will play a psychiatrist whose wife and son live abroad in the States. He believes firmly that a patient’s will is more important than any doctor’s ability, and is a fastidious character who is resolute when it comes to his charges; he’s also the heroine’s first love. I’m already hoping it’s a one-sided sunbae crush or something. Don’t be a cheater, appa!
It’s Okay, It’s Love follows You’re All Surrounded in July.
Via TV Report
- Idol D.O. cast in warm romantic melo It’s Okay, It’s Love
- Gong Hyo-jin and Jo In-sung consider Noh Hee-kyung melodrama
- Yoon Sang-hyun’s suspense thriller Gap-dong moves to weekends
- Yoon Sang-hyun considers chilling serial-killer drama for tvN
- Answer Me 1994: Episode 1
- Variety Roulette: Dad! Where Are We Going?
- Master’s Sun: Episode 1
- Gong Hyo-jin is More Than Beautiful for short film
- That Winter, The Wind Blows: Episode 1
Tags: Sung Dong-il