Song Seung-heon, Liu Yifei to collaborate in Third Love?
Actor Song Seung-heon (When a Man Loves) and actress Liu Yifei (A Chinese Fairy Tale) are mulling over offers to star together in the upcoming Chinese-Korean joint movie Third Love, which is based on a Chinese bestseller. A rep from Song’s agency confirmed that a proposal had been received and was being considered carefully, while various news outlets in China have also affirmed Liu is being courted.
In the melodramatic film about a man and a woman’s intense love, Song would play a chaebol heir and Liu a beautiful and talented attorney. If they take the parts, they would certainly make a gorgeous on-screen couple, and compounding rumors of the potential pairing, Song recently posted a photo of himself with Liu on Weibo.
Song recently received positive reviews for his performance in the erotic melo movie Obsessed, while Liu, who was already familiar to Korean audiences from such works as The Assassins and The Forbidden Kingdom, can be seen in the upcoming Chinese movie Hong Yan Lu Shui (or Rosy Cheeks) with the actor Rain.
Third Love will be directed by John H. Lee (Into the Gunfire) using his unique and gentle directorial style. Filming will begin next month, and the movie will be released in the first half of 2015.
- Song Seung-heon’s anguished love affair in Obsessed
- Lee Beom-soo and Song Seung-heon courted for drama reunion
- Song Seung-heon and Jo Yeo-jung headline erotic melodrama
- Song Seung-heon considers erotic melodrama
- Song Seung-heon in When a Man has Better Luck on the East of Destiny
- JB plays Cupid for Song Seung-heon, Shin Se-kyung
- First stills from Song Seung-heon’s When a Man Loves
Tags: Song Seung-heon